Re: [pcgen] Re: What's happened?

  • Anestis Kozakis
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 22, 2007
      >It's fairly common practise for uninstallers to leave ini files and
      >other user created data behind, so this is probably intended behaviour.
      >
      >Having said that, the uninstaller should probably warn you that it has
      >left stuff behind.

      Some uninstallers also offer you a choice on whether to clear out the
      user-created data and directories.

      So perhaps a choice would be nice.

      >Just my 2p worth.

      And mine.

      >Coromir.

      Anestis.

      P.S. Can we please start removing all the chaff from posts? Anything
      that's not relevant to the current conversation should be deleted or
      snipped out. I just removed about 20 lines of Yahoo added stuff,
      including stuff left over from replies.

      >joefrazierjr wrote:
      >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "joefrazierjr" <jfrazierjr@...> wrote:
      >>> Ok, long story short, I ended up uninstalling (used the uninstall,
      >>> made sure the registry entries were gone, made sure the file structure
      >>> was deleted) and the ran the install again.
      >>>
      >>> I did a full install. The first few times, it threw errors on load
      >>> about missing files when trying to start pcgen. So.. now it starts
      >>> up, however, many of the alpha datasets are not visible. Neither is
      >>> the custom data set. The files ARE on the filestore, but it is like
      >>> the config file parser is not finding the files.
      >>>
      >>> Help!!!
      >>>
      >>> joe
      >>>

      >> I figured it out. I appears the uninstall(s) did not clean out the
      >> .pcgen directory (in the C:\Documents and Settings\<profile>\.pcgen\)
      >> which contains options.ini. This old options file contained some
      >> data that no longer was active from before the first uninstall.
      >> Deleting the options.ini file and reloading fixed the problem and all
      >> my datasets are now showing.
      >>

      > > Not sure if this is a defect that the code team needs to check on or

      [snip lots of irrelevant stuff]
      --
      Anestis Kozakis
      kenosti@...