Default Kits and Armor equipped

  • michaeljprentice
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 10, 2007
      With 5.13.1 or 5.12.1, when I add a Default Monster kit that inlcudes
      Armor such as a Drow, the Armor's AC Bonus isn't calculated in. It
      shows 0 on the preview tab and also isn't tallied for the total AC. If
      you go to the Inventory, Equipping tab, remove the armor, and re-equip
      it, it then calculates the AC bonus of the armor.

      -Michael
    • michaeljprentice
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 10, 2007
        Forgot to mention, this was with Java 1.6.0_02, and 1.5.0_04
      • Eric C. Smith
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 11, 2007
          Hi Michael!

          Which GameMode/Datasets are you using?

          Maredudd

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "michaeljprentice" <michaeljprentice@...> wrote:

          > With 5.13.1 or 5.12.1, when I add a Default Monster kit that inlcudes
          > Armor such as a Drow, the Armor's AC Bonus isn't calculated in. It
          > shows 0 on the preview tab and also isn't tallied for the total AC. If
          > you go to the Inventory, Equipping tab, remove the armor, and re-equip
          > it, it then calculates the AC bonus of the armor.
          >
          > -Michael

        • michaeljprentice
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 11, 2007
            The 3.5e/Complete RSRD

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 11, 2007
              Hi Michael,

              michaeljprentice wrote:
              > The 3.5e/Complete RSRD
              >
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Eric C. Smith" <maredudd@...> wrote:
              >
              >> Hi Michael!
              >>
              >> Which GameMode/Datasets are you using?
              >>
              >> Maredudd

              Can you do a quick test for me. When said error in AC occurs, could you
              please export to PDF and see if the AC appears correctly on the PDF.
              This may just be a refresh problem. If we can isolate the problem, Tom
              or another Code Monkey can quickly fix it.

              -- Andrew
              Data Gibbon, Tracker Tamarin, Docs Lemur
              "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

            • michaeljprentice
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 11, 2007

                > Hi Michael,
                >
                > michaeljprentice wrote:
                > > The 3.5e/Complete RSRD
                > >
                > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Eric C. Smith" <maredudd@> wrote:
                > >
                > >> Hi Michael!
                > >>
                > >> Which GameMode/Datasets are you using?
                > >>
                > >> Maredudd
                > >>

                > Can you do a quick test for me. When said error in AC occurs, could
                you
                > please export to PDF and see if the AC appears correctly on the PDF.
                > This may just be a refresh problem. If we can isolate the problem,
                Tom
                > or another Code Monkey can quickly fix it.

                AC is properly shown when you export. It also properly shows when
                you save the charcter to a pcg then reload it. The problem first
                became evident when I went to load a bunch of NPC's for a quick
                encounter that I wasn't saving or exporting though as they were one a
                one shot deal. My players love to run off and do things I didn't
                account for!

                http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 11, 2007
                  <michaeljprentice@...> wrote:

                  > > Hi Michael,
                  > >
                  > > michaeljprentice wrote:
                  > > > The 3.5e/Complete RSRD

                  > > Can you do a quick test for me. When said error in AC occurs,
                  could
                  > you
                  > > please export to PDF and see if the AC appears correctly on the
                  PDF.
                  > > This may just be a refresh problem. If we can isolate the
                  problem,
                  > Tom
                  > > or another Code Monkey can quickly fix it.
                  >
                  > AC is properly shown when you export. It also properly shows when
                  > you save the charcter to a pcg then reload it. The problem first
                  > became evident when I went to load a bunch of NPC's for a quick
                  > encounter that I wasn't saving or exporting though as they were one
                  > one shot deal. My players love to run off and do things I didn't
                  > account for!

                  Also, when you export it, if you click on another tab and come back
                  to either Preview or the Summary tab, they now show the correct AC.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 11, 2007
                    Thanks, I've flagged for Tom; hopefully he can spare a moment to see
                    what is going on.

                    As there isn't an actual error I'll withhold doing a tracker for now.

                  • Tom Parker
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 11, 2007
                      No time tonight to dig into this to find the problem, but it is a
                      valid bug, very similar to:

                      [ 1791290 ] Preview Tab does not update for Spells under all conditions

                      This one is "Preview Tab does not update for Equipment added from
                      Kits"... please make sure to reference this thread (
                      http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/message/95564 ) in the tracker.

                      It may have the same root cause as 1791290, but please open a new
                      tracker just in case.

                      TP.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 11, 2007
                        1792785 KIT equipment not applying properly - similar to PREVIEW BUG
                        <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1792785&group_id=25576&atid=384719>