Re: [pcgen] List Editor issue

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7, 2007
      Hi James,

      Yes, the in-built editor is handy for small editions, but can be buggy
      at times. For a more lasting and easily changed format, the experienced
      editors use a text editor (of their choice) to input the data. Just an
      FYI, change the data set name, if you update your version of PCGen your
      My_Campaign will get over-written.

      James wrote:
      > Hello. Great work with PCGen guys, very comprehensive, just a
      > small question:
      >
      > The Levels tab of the LST editor GUI does not seem to be working
      > correctly. Whenever I set a list of abilities, spells, etc,
      > for "Generic class not to be named here" and save the file, when re-
      > opened, the list is empty again. I checked customclasses.lst to see
      > if it was only a GUI issue, the LST file also does not contain the
      > list progression that I supplied.
      >
      > Also, the "Qualify" box is acting strange. Every time I save the
      > LST file, when re-opened, the qualify box auto generates a | in it
      > for each time the file was saved. Even if I place 'alwaysValid' in
      > the box, next time I open the file it will
      > show '|alwaysValid'...multiple saves and re-opens can result
      > in '|||||||alwaysValid'
      >
      > I tried to search through the messages to verify if this issue has
      > already been discussed...but the archives are huge as I'm sure you
      > know. So there it is...
      >
      > I can resort to manually coding the class into the my_campaign
      > dataset, which it appears I will have to do anyway, but I figured I
      > would toss this out there for your review. Thanks for your time.

      -- Andrew
      Data Gibbon, Tracker Tamarin, Docs Lemur