Re: New classes

  • netpotato2001
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2007
      Where would these guides be located? I would be interested in seeing
      them.

      > Hi Jason,
      >
      > Unfortunately, Wizards of the Coast didn't renew Code Monkey
      > Publishing's license to produce data sets for WotC books, and they
      lost
      > the ability to sell any book/sets late 2006. We aren't allowed to
      make
      > available to the public any Closed Content sources, which is what
      most
      > of the WotC books are, that would include 'Complete Warrior'.
      However,
      > if you don't mind dedicating a few hours and are willing, we have an
      > excellent "How To Begin" guides in lst coding [the files PCGen
      uses],
      > and a yahoo group 'listfilehelp' dedicated to assisting users, such
      as
      > yourself, in making your own data sets - You are allowed to make ANY
      > book into a data set for your own personal use.
      >
      > --
      > -- Andrew
      > Tracker & Data Tamarin, Docs Lemur
      >

      > Jason Baggs wrote:
      > > I am a new user of PC Gen, and I want to use character classes
      from
      > > other books- specifically the Swashbuckler from Complete Warrior.
      Is
      > > there a way to download those classes for use in the program?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Baggs

    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2007
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "netpotato2001" <rayman86@...> wrote:

        > Where would these guides be located? I would be interested in seeing
        > them.

        LSTfileclass Y! group - K
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2007
          an example of one such class:
          http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/listfilepages/lstfileclass/lfc_lesson1_pcc.html

          You can view the most up-to-date here:

          Middle section; List Files; LST File Class; Select your topic

          and as our Illustrious Potentate Chair Monkey pointed out, our ListHelp
          Y group is also a good resource.