New classes

  • Jason Baggs
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2007
      I am a new user of PC Gen, and I want to use character classes from
      other books- specifically the Swashbuckler from Complete Warrior. Is
      there a way to download those classes for use in the program?

      Thanks,
      Baggs
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2007
        Hi Jason,

        Unfortunately, Wizards of the Coast didn't renew Code Monkey
        Publishing's license to produce data sets for WotC books, and they lost
        the ability to sell any book/sets late 2006. We aren't allowed to make
        available to the public any Closed Content sources, which is what most
        of the WotC books are, that would include 'Complete Warrior'. However,
        if you don't mind dedicating a few hours and are willing, we have an
        excellent "How To Begin" guides in lst coding [the files PCGen uses],
        and a yahoo group 'listfilehelp' dedicated to assisting users, such as
        yourself, in making your own data sets - You are allowed to make ANY
        book into a data set for your own personal use.

        --
        -- Andrew
        Tracker & Data Tamarin, Docs Lemur

        Jason Baggs wrote:
        > I am a new user of PC Gen, and I want to use character classes from
        > other books- specifically the Swashbuckler from Complete Warrior. Is
        > there a way to download those classes for use in the program?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Baggs

      • netpotato2001
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2007
          Where would these guides be located? I would be interested in seeing
          them.

          > Hi Jason,
          >
          > Unfortunately, Wizards of the Coast didn't renew Code Monkey
          > Publishing's license to produce data sets for WotC books, and they
          lost
          > the ability to sell any book/sets late 2006. We aren't allowed to
          make
          > available to the public any Closed Content sources, which is what
          most
          > of the WotC books are, that would include 'Complete Warrior'.
          However,
          > if you don't mind dedicating a few hours and are willing, we have an
          > excellent "How To Begin" guides in lst coding [the files PCGen
          uses],
          > and a yahoo group 'listfilehelp' dedicated to assisting users, such
          as
          > yourself, in making your own data sets - You are allowed to make ANY
          > book into a data set for your own personal use.
          >
          > --
          > -- Andrew
          > Tracker & Data Tamarin, Docs Lemur
          >

          > Jason Baggs wrote:
          > > I am a new user of PC Gen, and I want to use character classes
          from
          > > other books- specifically the Swashbuckler from Complete Warrior.
          Is
          > > there a way to download those classes for use in the program?
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Baggs

        • Martijn Verburg
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3, 2007
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "netpotato2001" <rayman86@...> wrote:

            > Where would these guides be located? I would be interested in seeing
            > them.

            LSTfileclass Y! group - K
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 3, 2007
              an example of one such class:
              http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/listfilepages/lstfileclass/lfc_lesson1_pcc.html

              You can view the most up-to-date here:

              Middle section; List Files; LST File Class; Select your topic

              and as our Illustrious Potentate Chair Monkey pointed out, our ListHelp
              Y group is also a good resource.