Re:[Tom][Zaister] [BUG] 5.13.1 Substitution Level

  • Tom Parker
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 31 8:49 AM
      I just leveraged into the existing Ability code with AUTO:FEAT, so I
      suspect (and will test this weekend if no one else does)
      ABILITY:FEAT|AUTOMATIC|Foo will also be a problem in 5.12, and thus is
      a bug in the Ability code interaction with Substitution Levels

      TP.

      > On 8/31/07, monch9ph <mon.yao@...> wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > By the way, when I said it worked in 5.12.1. It worked with the
      > > FEATAUTO version. When I selected Foo Barbarian, no speed
      > > adjustment happened (which is correct). Not sure if the AUTO:FEAT
      > > caused anything to happen.
      >
      > Quite possible, since AUTO:FEAT was added after substitution levels
      > code. That would be a Q for Code Monkeys Tom or Zaister. Flagging.
      >

      > --
      > Tir Gwaith
      > PCGen LST Chimp

    • Stefan Radermacher
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 31 11:05 AM
        Tom Parker wrote:
        > I just leveraged into the existing Ability code with AUTO:FEAT, so I
        > suspect (and will test this weekend if no one else does)
        > ABILITY:FEAT|AUTOMATIC|Foo will also be a problem in 5.12, and thus is
        > a bug in the Ability code interaction with Substitution Levels

        If the problem is with Substitution Levels, then the same problem should
        arise with subclass levels as well, as the code is basically the same.

        Stefan.
      • monch9ph
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 2, 2007

          I think there's a difference in the case that I provided. As I
          understand it, SUBCLASSLEVEL lines add features to the base class
          level while SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL is supposed to replace the base class
          level. What happened in my case is the SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL line
          apparently acted like a SUBCLASSLEVEL. And as I said, this worked in
          the 5.12.1 version.

          Monch

          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 3, 2007
            I can verify odd behavior using the Wizard base class and getting my
            SUBSTITUTE level added in without me choosing.

            [ 1786946 ] 5.13.1 Substitution Level broken

            http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1786946&group_id=25576&atid=384719
            monch9ph wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > I think there's a difference in the case that I provided. As I
            > understand it, SUBCLASSLEVEL lines add features to the base class
            > level while SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL is supposed to replace the base class
            > level. What happened in my case is the SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL line
            > apparently acted like a SUBCLASSLEVEL. And as I said, this worked in
            > the 5.12.1 version.
            >
            > Monch
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher <radermacher@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Tom Parker wrote:
            >>
            >>> I just leveraged into the existing Ability code with AUTO:FEAT, so I
            >>> suspect (and will test this weekend if no one else does)
            >>> ABILITY:FEAT|AUTOMATIC|Foo will also be a problem in 5.12, and thus is
            >>> a bug in the Ability code interaction with Substitution Levels
            >>>
            >> If the problem is with Substitution Levels, then the same problem should
            >> arise with subclass levels as well, as the code is basically the same.
            >>
            >> Stefan.

            -- Andrew
            Tracker & Data Tamarin, Docs Lemur