Cannot Load or use Save as

  • gungnir1
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2007
      The character I was making is a Xeph Soulknife. I was able to save it
      once, but I couldn't load it later. I was able to export it as a
      pdf/xml. I also notice that save as stopped working. Any advice? Oh,
      the version is 5.12.1, and I am using the 3.5 RSRD
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2007

        To better make recommendations to find the problem we need some basic
        information so the proper experts can diagnose and help you get PCGen
        running correctly:
        What Operating System? (Windows, MacOS, Linux, etc.)
        JAVA version? (1.5xxx, 1.6xxx)
        PCGen Version: 5.12.1 (Thanks)
        Gamemode and sets loaded is useful to know too (I see you mention srd35)

        Thanks,

        gungnir1 wrote:
        > The character I was making is a Xeph Soulknife. I was able to save it
        > once, but I couldn't load it later. I was able to export it as a
        > pdf/xml. I also notice that save as stopped working. Any advice? Oh,
        > the version is 5.12.1, and I am using the 3.5 RSRD

        -- Andrew
        Tracker & Data Tamarin, Docs Lemur
      • gungnir1
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2007

          > To better make recommendations to find the problem we need some basic
          > information so the proper experts can diagnose and help you get PCGen
          > running correctly:
          > What Operating System? (Windows, MacOS, Linux, etc.)
          > JAVA version? (1.5xxx, 1.6xxx)
          > PCGen Version: 5.12.1 (Thanks)
          > Gamemode and sets loaded is useful to know too (I see you mention srd35)
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > gungnir1 wrote:
          > > The character I was making is a Xeph Soulknife. I was able to save it
          > > once, but I couldn't load it later. I was able to export it as a
          > > pdf/xml. I also notice that save as stopped working. Any advice? Oh,
          > > the version is 5.12.1, and I am using the 3.5 RSRD

          > > PCGen's Online Docs:
          > > PCGen's Data Help Grp:
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > --
          > -- Andrew
          > Tracker & Data Tamarin, Docs Lemur

          I'm using Window XP Pro, my java version is, well I'm not too sure,
          but the folder in program files is jre1.6.0_02 so I'm guessing it's
          1.6.0.0.2. The game mode is 3.5e
        • gungnir1
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 31, 2007
            Odd..I reinstalled it just a moment ago. It can open files now, but it
            doesn't roll attributes..the button is grayed out.