Re: [pcgen] Re: [??? BUG] [TIR] Fast Movement and TYPE

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
      On 8/31/07, monch9ph <mon.yao@...> wrote:
      > Andrew,
      >
      > Thanks for the info, I'll try it out tonight when I get back from
      > work.
      >
      > I'd like to flag Tir though for the Monk Movement stuff just to know
      > what's up.

      The problem is TYPEs from different BONUSes (POSTMOVEADD and MOVEADD).

      Didn't see anything in the post about Monk Movement, though the
      bonuses are similar....

      What exactly do you need me to comment on?

      PCGen LST Chimp
    • monch9ph
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
        Regarding the Monk Movement, from what I can see in the
        rsrd_feats_hidden, there is no TYPE associated with it. (Shouldn't
        this be ENHANCEMENT?)

        Monch

        > On 8/31/07, monch9ph <mon.yao@...> wrote:
        > > Andrew,
        > >
        > > Thanks for the info, I'll try it out tonight when I get back from
        > > work.
        > >
        > > I'd like to flag Tir though for the Monk Movement stuff just to
        know
        > > what's up.
        >
        > The problem is TYPEs from different BONUSes (POSTMOVEADD and
        MOVEADD).

        > Didn't see anything in the post about Monk Movement, though the
        > bonuses are similar....
        >
        > What exactly do you need me to comment on?
        >

        > --
        > Tir Gwaith
        > PCGen LST Chimp

      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007

          This will be related to bug #1196094 "[RSRD] Keen stacks with improved
          critical".https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1196094&group_id=25576&atid=384719

          James Dempsey
          PCGen Code SB

          On 31/08/2007, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > monch9ph wrote:
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I have an equipment that adds the bonus as such :
          > >
          > > BONUS:POSTMOVEADD|TYPE.ALL|min(MOVEBASE,30)|TYPE=Enhancement
          > >
          > > and I have a class that adds the following :
          > >
          > > BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE=Walk|10|TYPE=Enhancement|PREVARLTEQ:ENCUMBERANCE,1
          > > ,COUNT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED.IS.MEDIUM]+COUNT
          > > [EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED.IS.HEAVY],0
          > >
          > Hm, it could be seeing the TYPE=Walk as different, considering above the
          > code is TYPE.ALL with TYPE=Enhancement.
          >
          > Flagging for Tom a code monkey to comment.
          > > When I see the character in the preview and in the output sheets,
          > > both Bonus's are added (for a total of 70). Shouldn't like TYPE's
          > > not stack? Or did I miss something in the coding?
          > >
          > > ***
          > >
          > > As an aside, the Fast Movement class feature of the RSRD monk (in
          > > rsrd_feats_hidden.lst) doesn't seem to have a TYPE. Was this on
          > > purpose?
          > >
          > > Monch
        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
            Yes. That would be a Bug. And one of your "Low hanging Fruit". :)

            And we code it TYPE=Enhancement (not all-caps) since it isn't a hard-coded TYPE.

            On 8/31/07, monch9ph <mon.yao@...> wrote:
            > Regarding the Monk Movement, from what I can see in the
            > rsrd_feats_hidden, there is no TYPE associated with it. (Shouldn't
            > this be ENHANCEMENT?)

            PCGen LST Chimp
          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
              Whoops. That would be one of Andrew's Low hanging fruit. Forgot to
              look who responded, just assumed it was Andrew.

              On 8/31/07, Tir Gwaith <tir.gwaith@...> wrote:
              > Yes. That would be a Bug. And one of your "Low hanging Fruit". :)
              >
              > And we code it TYPE=Enhancement (not all-caps) since it isn't a hard-coded TYPE.
              >
              > On 8/31/07, monch9ph <mon.yao@...> wrote:
              > > Regarding the Monk Movement, from what I can see in the
              > > rsrd_feats_hidden, there is no TYPE associated with it. (Shouldn't
              > > this be ENHANCEMENT?)
              >
              > --
              > Tir Gwaith
              > PCGen LST Chimp

              PCGen LST Chimp
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                Which Andrew? - We are the BORG...

                Do I have another low-hanging fruit or is that Andrew Wilson?

                --
                -- Andrew
                Tracker & Data Tamarin, Docs Lemur

              • Tir Gwaith
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                  LOL. Well, I think the original discussion about me leaving
                  low-hanging fruit for LST Monkeys still learning was with you, Andrew
                  (M).

                  I need to get those nano-bots checked out again. :p

                  PCGen LST Chimp
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                    Yes, we had an email discussion about leaving low-hanging fruit.
                    Something where you didn't need to back track multi-lateral dependencies
                    or such...

                    Oh, I opened your tracker for new stuff since 5.12, BUT, I don't see any
                    tracker with a request to swap TYPE=Enhancement to TYPE=ENHANCEMENT or
                    such... (Am I going crazy?)

                    Andrew (M) can be either of us, but since I figure you're off the good
                    drugs, you aren't talking to yourself.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                      On 8/31/07, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
                      > Yes, we had an email discussion about leaving low-hanging fruit.
                      > Something where you didn't need to back track multi-lateral dependencies
                      > or such...

                      That was a side discussion, IIRC. Low hanging fruit was that I was
                      grabbing and doing the really easy bugs, and all the remaining were
                      complex, making it difficult for other monkeys to get experience. Was
                      I totally out of it during the exchange?

                      > Oh, I opened your tracker for new stuff since 5.12, BUT, I don't see any
                      > tracker with a request to swap TYPE=Enhancement to TYPE=ENHANCEMENT or
                      > such... (Am I going crazy?)

                      There isn't. I was just mentioning so when you implement the Monk
                      Movement with TYPE=Enhancement, not TYPE=ENHANCEMENT. :P

                      > Andrew (M) can be either of us, but since I figure you're off the good
                      > drugs, you aren't talking to yourself.

                      I'm Tir, or Andrew McD. Not even close to Andrew M. No resemblance.
                      I have no idea where you would get such an idea.

                      PCGen LST Chimp
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                        Trackered:

                        [ 1786075 ] [RSRD] Monk Fast Movement needs Enhancement TYPE

                        https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1786075&group_id=25576&atid=750091

                        More inline -

                        Tir Gwaith wrote:
                        > On 8/31/07, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
                        >
                        >> Yes, we had an email discussion about leaving low-hanging fruit.
                        >> Something where you didn't need to back track multi-lateral dependencies
                        >> or such...
                        >>

                        > That was a side discussion, IIRC. Low hanging fruit was that I was
                        > grabbing and doing the really easy bugs, and all the remaining were
                        > complex, making it difficult for other monkeys to get experience. Was
                        > I totally out of it during the exchange?

                        No, that was the gist... We also defined low-hanging fruit as
                        non-multi-level dependencies - like NOT the Mace... LOL

                        >> Oh, I opened your tracker for new stuff since 5.12, BUT, I don't see any
                        >> tracker with a request to swap TYPE=Enhancement to TYPE=ENHANCEMENT or
                        >> such... (Am I going crazy?)
                        >>

                        > There isn't. I was just mentioning so when you implement the Monk
                        > Movement with TYPE=Enhancement, not TYPE=ENHANCEMENT. :P

                        Oh ok... Have we opened a tracker on this? (Sheesh, go to sleep for a
                        few hours and it seems like I miss half the conversation) - nope no new
                        trackers. I'm "assuming" that you want a tracker and then I'll handle
                        it... Yes, I think that's what I'm missing. [Andrew M's worst times,
                        apparently, to hold conversations before and after sleep] - Yes,
                        Enhancement isn't hardcoded.

                        >> Andrew (M) can be either of us, but since I figure you're off the good
                        >> drugs, you aren't talking to yourself.
                        >>

                        > I'm Tir, or Andrew McD. Not even close to Andrew M. No resemblance.
                        > I have no idea where you would get such an idea.

                        Micky D? Yum.

                        Okay off to open a tracker and do some fixing...