[??? BUG] Fast Movement and TYPE

  • monch9ph
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007

      I have an equipment that adds the bonus as such :

      BONUS:POSTMOVEADD|TYPE.ALL|min(MOVEBASE,30)|TYPE=Enhancement

      and I have a class that adds the following :

      BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE=Walk|10|TYPE=Enhancement|PREVARLTEQ:ENCUMBERANCE,1
      ,COUNT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED.IS.MEDIUM]+COUNT
      [EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED.IS.HEAVY],0

      When I see the character in the preview and in the output sheets,
      both Bonus's are added (for a total of 70). Shouldn't like TYPE's
      not stack? Or did I miss something in the coding?

      ***

      As an aside, the Fast Movement class feature of the RSRD monk (in
      rsrd_feats_hidden.lst) doesn't seem to have a TYPE. Was this on
      purpose?

      Monch
    • Andrew Wilson
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
        On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 07:24:27AM -0000, monch9ph wrote:
        > I have an equipment that adds the bonus as such :
        >
        > BONUS:POSTMOVEADD|TYPE.ALL|min(MOVEBASE,30)|TYPE=Enhancement

        > and I have a class that adds the following :
        >
        > BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE=Walk|10|TYPE=Enhancement|PREVARLTEQ:ENCUMBERANCE,1
        > ,COUNT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED.IS.MEDIUM]+COUNT
        > [EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED.IS.HEAVY],0
        >
        > When I see the character in the preview and in the output sheets,
        > both Bonus's are added (for a total of 70). Shouldn't like TYPE's
        > not stack? Or did I miss something in the coding?

        I'd expect like types to not add if you were bonusing the same thing.
        You appear to be bonusing MOVEADD and POSTMOVEADD (which I would expect
        to be added after all the MOVEADDs). I don't acually know if that's
        your problem, but based on the names of the tags (Making assumptions
        based on tag nmaes is always dodgey) that's what it looks like to me.

        andrew
        --
        Cancer: (June 22 - July 22)
        Following 33 years of uncertainty and confusion, things will
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007

          monch9ph wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I have an equipment that adds the bonus as such :
          >
          > BONUS:POSTMOVEADD|TYPE.ALL|min(MOVEBASE,30)|TYPE=Enhancement
          >
          > and I have a class that adds the following :
          >
          > BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE=Walk|10|TYPE=Enhancement|PREVARLTEQ:ENCUMBERANCE,1
          > ,COUNT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED.IS.MEDIUM]+COUNT
          > [EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED.IS.HEAVY],0

          Hm, it could be seeing the TYPE=Walk as different, considering above the
          code is TYPE.ALL with TYPE=Enhancement.

          Flagging for Tom a code monkey to comment.
          > When I see the character in the preview and in the output sheets,
          > both Bonus's are added (for a total of 70). Shouldn't like TYPE's
          > not stack? Or did I miss something in the coding?
          >
          > ***
          >
          > As an aside, the Fast Movement class feature of the RSRD monk (in
          > rsrd_feats_hidden.lst) doesn't seem to have a TYPE. Was this on
          > purpose?
          >
          > Monch

          -- Andrew
          Tracker & Data Tamarin, Docs Lemur
        • monch9ph
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
            Andrew,

            Thanks for the info, I'll try it out tonight when I get back from
            work.

            I'd like to flag Tir though for the Monk Movement stuff just to know
            what's up.

            Monch

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Wilson <andrew@...> wrote:

            > On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 07:24:27AM -0000, monch9ph wrote:
            > > I have an equipment that adds the bonus as such :
            > >
            > > BONUS:POSTMOVEADD|TYPE.ALL|min(MOVEBASE,30)|TYPE=Enhancement
            >
            > > and I have a class that adds the following :

            BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE=Walk|10|TYPE=Enhancement|PREVARLTEQ:ENCUMBERANCE,1
            > > ,COUNT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED.IS.MEDIUM]+COUNT
            > > [EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED.IS.HEAVY],0
            > >
            > > When I see the character in the preview and in the output
            sheets,
            > > both Bonus's are added (for a total of 70). Shouldn't like
            TYPE's
            > > not stack? Or did I miss something in the coding?
            >
            > I'd expect like types to not add if you were bonusing the same
            thing.
            > You appear to be bonusing MOVEADD and POSTMOVEADD (which I would
            expect
            > to be added after all the MOVEADDs). I don't acually know if
            that's
            > your problem, but based on the names of the tags (Making
            assumptions
            > based on tag nmaes is always dodgey) that's what it looks like to
            me.

            > andrew
            > --
            > Cancer: (June 22 - July 22)
            > Following 33 years of uncertainty and confusion, things will
            > finally start making sense around September when you decide to
            > purchase a wall calendar.

          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
              On 8/31/07, monch9ph <mon.yao@...> wrote:
              > Andrew,
              >
              > Thanks for the info, I'll try it out tonight when I get back from
              > work.
              >
              > I'd like to flag Tir though for the Monk Movement stuff just to know
              > what's up.

              The problem is TYPEs from different BONUSes (POSTMOVEADD and MOVEADD).

              Didn't see anything in the post about Monk Movement, though the
              bonuses are similar....

              What exactly do you need me to comment on?

              PCGen LST Chimp
            • monch9ph
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                Regarding the Monk Movement, from what I can see in the
                rsrd_feats_hidden, there is no TYPE associated with it. (Shouldn't
                this be ENHANCEMENT?)

                Monch

                > On 8/31/07, monch9ph <mon.yao@...> wrote:
                > > Andrew,
                > >
                > > Thanks for the info, I'll try it out tonight when I get back from
                > > work.
                > >
                > > I'd like to flag Tir though for the Monk Movement stuff just to
                know
                > > what's up.
                >
                > The problem is TYPEs from different BONUSes (POSTMOVEADD and
                MOVEADD).

                > Didn't see anything in the post about Monk Movement, though the
                > bonuses are similar....
                >
                > What exactly do you need me to comment on?
                >

                > --
                > Tir Gwaith
                > PCGen LST Chimp

              • James Dempsey
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007

                  This will be related to bug #1196094 "[RSRD] Keen stacks with improved
                  critical".https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1196094&group_id=25576&atid=384719

                  James Dempsey
                  PCGen Code SB

                  On 31/08/2007, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > monch9ph wrote:
                  > > Hi,
                  > >
                  > > I have an equipment that adds the bonus as such :
                  > >
                  > > BONUS:POSTMOVEADD|TYPE.ALL|min(MOVEBASE,30)|TYPE=Enhancement
                  > >
                  > > and I have a class that adds the following :
                  > >
                  > > BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE=Walk|10|TYPE=Enhancement|PREVARLTEQ:ENCUMBERANCE,1
                  > > ,COUNT[EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED.IS.MEDIUM]+COUNT
                  > > [EQTYPE.ARMOR.EQUIPPED.IS.HEAVY],0
                  > >
                  > Hm, it could be seeing the TYPE=Walk as different, considering above the
                  > code is TYPE.ALL with TYPE=Enhancement.
                  >
                  > Flagging for Tom a code monkey to comment.
                  > > When I see the character in the preview and in the output sheets,
                  > > both Bonus's are added (for a total of 70). Shouldn't like TYPE's
                  > > not stack? Or did I miss something in the coding?
                  > >
                  > > ***
                  > >
                  > > As an aside, the Fast Movement class feature of the RSRD monk (in
                  > > rsrd_feats_hidden.lst) doesn't seem to have a TYPE. Was this on
                  > > purpose?
                  > >
                  > > Monch
                • Tir Gwaith
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                    Yes. That would be a Bug. And one of your "Low hanging Fruit". :)

                    And we code it TYPE=Enhancement (not all-caps) since it isn't a hard-coded TYPE.

                    On 8/31/07, monch9ph <mon.yao@...> wrote:
                    > Regarding the Monk Movement, from what I can see in the
                    > rsrd_feats_hidden, there is no TYPE associated with it. (Shouldn't
                    > this be ENHANCEMENT?)

                    PCGen LST Chimp
                  • Tir Gwaith
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                      Whoops. That would be one of Andrew's Low hanging fruit. Forgot to
                      look who responded, just assumed it was Andrew.

                      On 8/31/07, Tir Gwaith <tir.gwaith@...> wrote:
                      > Yes. That would be a Bug. And one of your "Low hanging Fruit". :)
                      >
                      > And we code it TYPE=Enhancement (not all-caps) since it isn't a hard-coded TYPE.
                      >
                      > On 8/31/07, monch9ph <mon.yao@...> wrote:
                      > > Regarding the Monk Movement, from what I can see in the
                      > > rsrd_feats_hidden, there is no TYPE associated with it. (Shouldn't
                      > > this be ENHANCEMENT?)
                      >
                      > --
                      > Tir Gwaith
                      > PCGen LST Chimp

                      PCGen LST Chimp
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                        Which Andrew? - We are the BORG...

                        Do I have another low-hanging fruit or is that Andrew Wilson?

                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                          LOL. Well, I think the original discussion about me leaving
                          low-hanging fruit for LST Monkeys still learning was with you, Andrew
                          (M).

                          I need to get those nano-bots checked out again. :p

                          PCGen LST Chimp
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                            Yes, we had an email discussion about leaving low-hanging fruit.
                            Something where you didn't need to back track multi-lateral dependencies
                            or such...

                            Oh, I opened your tracker for new stuff since 5.12, BUT, I don't see any
                            tracker with a request to swap TYPE=Enhancement to TYPE=ENHANCEMENT or
                            such... (Am I going crazy?)

                            Andrew (M) can be either of us, but since I figure you're off the good
                            drugs, you aren't talking to yourself.

                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                              On 8/31/07, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
                              > Yes, we had an email discussion about leaving low-hanging fruit.
                              > Something where you didn't need to back track multi-lateral dependencies
                              > or such...

                              That was a side discussion, IIRC. Low hanging fruit was that I was
                              grabbing and doing the really easy bugs, and all the remaining were
                              complex, making it difficult for other monkeys to get experience. Was
                              I totally out of it during the exchange?

                              > Oh, I opened your tracker for new stuff since 5.12, BUT, I don't see any
                              > tracker with a request to swap TYPE=Enhancement to TYPE=ENHANCEMENT or
                              > such... (Am I going crazy?)

                              There isn't. I was just mentioning so when you implement the Monk
                              Movement with TYPE=Enhancement, not TYPE=ENHANCEMENT. :P

                              > Andrew (M) can be either of us, but since I figure you're off the good
                              > drugs, you aren't talking to yourself.

                              I'm Tir, or Andrew McD. Not even close to Andrew M. No resemblance.
                              I have no idea where you would get such an idea.

                              PCGen LST Chimp
                              Message 14 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                                Trackered:

                                [ 1786075 ] [RSRD] Monk Fast Movement needs Enhancement TYPE

                                https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1786075&group_id=25576&atid=750091

                                More inline -

                                Tir Gwaith wrote:
                                > On 8/31/07, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
                                >
                                >> Yes, we had an email discussion about leaving low-hanging fruit.
                                >> Something where you didn't need to back track multi-lateral dependencies
                                >> or such...
                                >>

                                > That was a side discussion, IIRC. Low hanging fruit was that I was
                                > grabbing and doing the really easy bugs, and all the remaining were
                                > complex, making it difficult for other monkeys to get experience. Was
                                > I totally out of it during the exchange?

                                No, that was the gist... We also defined low-hanging fruit as
                                non-multi-level dependencies - like NOT the Mace... LOL

                                >> Oh, I opened your tracker for new stuff since 5.12, BUT, I don't see any
                                >> tracker with a request to swap TYPE=Enhancement to TYPE=ENHANCEMENT or
                                >> such... (Am I going crazy?)
                                >>

                                > There isn't. I was just mentioning so when you implement the Monk
                                > Movement with TYPE=Enhancement, not TYPE=ENHANCEMENT. :P

                                Oh ok... Have we opened a tracker on this? (Sheesh, go to sleep for a
                                few hours and it seems like I miss half the conversation) - nope no new
                                trackers. I'm "assuming" that you want a tracker and then I'll handle
                                it... Yes, I think that's what I'm missing. [Andrew M's worst times,
                                apparently, to hold conversations before and after sleep] - Yes,
                                Enhancement isn't hardcoded.

                                >> Andrew (M) can be either of us, but since I figure you're off the good
                                >> drugs, you aren't talking to yourself.
                                >>

                                > I'm Tir, or Andrew McD. Not even close to Andrew M. No resemblance.
                                > I have no idea where you would get such an idea.

                                Micky D? Yum.

                                Okay off to open a tracker and do some fixing...