Re: [BUG] 5.13.1 Substitution Level

  • Tom Parker
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 30, 2007
      > Huh? Tom, did you do something weird again?

      Heh. No. My mistake - my brain is addled from way too much stress @
      work at the moment.

      TP.
    • monch9ph
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007

        By the way, when I said it worked in 5.12.1. It worked with the
        FEATAUTO version. When I selected Foo Barbarian, no speed
        adjustment happened (which is correct). Not sure if the AUTO:FEAT
        caused anything to happen.

        Monch

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "monch9ph" <mon.yao@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I did the following in my personal LST :
        >
        > CLASS:Barbarian.MOD <TAB> HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
        > #
        > SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Foo Barbarian
        > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Simple Weapon
        Proficiency|Martial
        > Weapon Proficiency|All Automatic Proficiencies|All Martial Weapon
        > Proficiencies
        > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Armor Proficiency (Light)|Armor
        > Proficiency (Medium)
        > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Shield Proficiency
        > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB>
        > BONUS:VAR|BarbRageTimesLVL,BarbRagePowerLVL|CL <TAB>
        > AUTO:FEAT|Rage|Barbarian Rage
        > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> BONUS:VAR|IllteracyLVL|CL <TAB>
        > DEFINE:IllteracyLVL|0 <TAB>
        VFEAT:Illiteracy|PREVAREQ:TL,IlliteracyLVL
        > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> ABILITY:Class Feature|AUTOMATIC|Foo
        Ability

        > As you noticed, I just copied the entire level 1 of basic barbarian
        > and replaced the Fast Movement special feat with an ability. When
        > built the character and selected Foo Barbarian, the Fast Movement
        was
        > still recorded in the preview screen and the output sheets. This
        used
        > to work in the last 5.12.1
        >
        > Monch

      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
          On 8/31/07, monch9ph <mon.yao@...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > By the way, when I said it worked in 5.12.1. It worked with the
          > FEATAUTO version. When I selected Foo Barbarian, no speed
          > adjustment happened (which is correct). Not sure if the AUTO:FEAT
          > caused anything to happen.

          Quite possible, since AUTO:FEAT was added after substitution levels
          code. That would be a Q for Code Monkeys Tom or Zaister. Flagging.

          PCGen LST Chimp
        • Tom Parker
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
            I just leveraged into the existing Ability code with AUTO:FEAT, so I
            suspect (and will test this weekend if no one else does)
            ABILITY:FEAT|AUTOMATIC|Foo will also be a problem in 5.12, and thus is
            a bug in the Ability code interaction with Substitution Levels

            TP.

            > On 8/31/07, monch9ph <mon.yao@...> wrote:
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > By the way, when I said it worked in 5.12.1. It worked with the
            > > FEATAUTO version. When I selected Foo Barbarian, no speed
            > > adjustment happened (which is correct). Not sure if the AUTO:FEAT
            > > caused anything to happen.
            >
            > Quite possible, since AUTO:FEAT was added after substitution levels
            > code. That would be a Q for Code Monkeys Tom or Zaister. Flagging.
            >

            > --
            > Tir Gwaith
            > PCGen LST Chimp

          • Stefan Radermacher
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
              Tom Parker wrote:
              > I just leveraged into the existing Ability code with AUTO:FEAT, so I
              > suspect (and will test this weekend if no one else does)
              > ABILITY:FEAT|AUTOMATIC|Foo will also be a problem in 5.12, and thus is
              > a bug in the Ability code interaction with Substitution Levels

              If the problem is with Substitution Levels, then the same problem should
              arise with subclass levels as well, as the code is basically the same.

              Stefan.
            • monch9ph
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 2, 2007

                I think there's a difference in the case that I provided. As I
                understand it, SUBCLASSLEVEL lines add features to the base class
                level while SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL is supposed to replace the base class
                level. What happened in my case is the SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL line
                apparently acted like a SUBCLASSLEVEL. And as I said, this worked in
                the 5.12.1 version.

                Monch

                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 3, 2007
                  I can verify odd behavior using the Wizard base class and getting my
                  SUBSTITUTE level added in without me choosing.

                  [ 1786946 ] 5.13.1 Substitution Level broken

                  http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1786946&group_id=25576&atid=384719
                  monch9ph wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > I think there's a difference in the case that I provided. As I
                  > understand it, SUBCLASSLEVEL lines add features to the base class
                  > level while SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL is supposed to replace the base class
                  > level. What happened in my case is the SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL line
                  > apparently acted like a SUBCLASSLEVEL. And as I said, this worked in
                  > the 5.12.1 version.
                  >
                  > Monch
                  >
                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher <radermacher@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> Tom Parker wrote:
                  >>
                  >>> I just leveraged into the existing Ability code with AUTO:FEAT, so I
                  >>> suspect (and will test this weekend if no one else does)
                  >>> ABILITY:FEAT|AUTOMATIC|Foo will also be a problem in 5.12, and thus is
                  >>> a bug in the Ability code interaction with Substitution Levels
                  >>>
                  >> If the problem is with Substitution Levels, then the same problem should
                  >> arise with subclass levels as well, as the code is basically the same.
                  >>
                  >> Stefan.

                  -- Andrew
                  Tracker & Data Tamarin, Docs Lemur