Re: [BUG] 5.13.1 Substitution Level

  • monch9ph
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 30, 2007
      What do you mean drop the .MOD? I want a barbarian with Substitution
      levels. (As in the DOCS).

      Monch

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Parker" <thpr@...> wrote:

      > Drop the .MOD, that isn't used in the CLASS LST file
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "monch9ph" <mon.yao@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I did the following in my personal LST :
      > >
      > > CLASS:Barbarian.MOD <TAB> HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
      > > #
      > > SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Foo Barbarian
      > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Simple Weapon Proficiency|Martial
      > > Weapon Proficiency|All Automatic Proficiencies|All Martial Weapon
      > > Proficiencies
      > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Armor Proficiency (Light)|Armor
      > > Proficiency (Medium)
      > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Shield Proficiency
      > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB>
      > > BONUS:VAR|BarbRageTimesLVL,BarbRagePowerLVL|CL <TAB>
      > > AUTO:FEAT|Rage|Barbarian Rage
      > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> BONUS:VAR|IllteracyLVL|CL <TAB>
      > > DEFINE:IllteracyLVL|0 <TAB> VFEAT:Illiteracy|PREVAREQ:TL,IlliteracyLVL
      > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> ABILITY:Class Feature|AUTOMATIC|Foo Ability
      > >
      > > As you noticed, I just copied the entire level 1 of basic barbarian
      > > and replaced the Fast Movement special feat with an ability. When I
      > > built the character and selected Foo Barbarian, the Fast Movement was
      > > still recorded in the preview screen and the output sheets. This used
      > > to work in the last 5.12.1
      > >
      > > Monch

    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 30, 2007
        Hello again . . .

        The following link points to a discussion on PCGenListFileHelp
        where ,MODing classes was covered.

        Eric

        On Aug 30, 2007, at 5:13 PM, Tom Parker wrote:

        > Drop the .MOD, that isn't used in the CLASS LST file
        >
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "monch9ph" <mon.yao@...> wrote:
        > >

        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > I did the following in my personal LST :
        > >
        > > CLASS:Barbarian.MOD <TAB> HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
        > > #
        > > SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Foo Barbarian
        > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Simple Weapon Proficiency|
        > Martial
        > > Weapon Proficiency|All Automatic Proficiencies|All Martial Weapon
        > > Proficiencies
        > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Armor Proficiency (Light)|Armor
        > > Proficiency (Medium)
        > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Shield Proficiency
        > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB>
        > > BONUS:VAR|BarbRageTimesLVL,BarbRagePowerLVL|CL <TAB>
        > > AUTO:FEAT|Rage|Barbarian Rage
        > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> BONUS:VAR|IllteracyLVL|CL <TAB>
        > > DEFINE:IllteracyLVL|0 <TAB> VFEAT:Illiteracy|
        > PREVAREQ:TL,IlliteracyLVL
        > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> ABILITY:Class Feature|AUTOMATIC|Foo
        > Ability
        > >
        > > As you noticed, I just copied the entire level 1 of basic barbarian
        > > and replaced the Fast Movement special feat with an ability. When I
        > > built the character and selected Foo Barbarian, the Fast Movement
        > was
        > > still recorded in the preview screen and the output sheets. This
        > used
        > > to work in the last 5.12.1
        > >
        > > Monch

      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 30, 2007
          Hello once again . . .

          I just verified that .MODing a class in 5.12.0 works just fine.

          I'll try out 5.13 shortly . . .

          Eric

          On Aug 30, 2007, at 5:54 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:

          > Hello again . . .
          >
          > The following link points to a discussion on PCGenListFileHelp
          > where ,MODing classes was covered.

          > Eric
          >
          > On Aug 30, 2007, at 5:13 PM, Tom Parker wrote:
          >

          > > Drop the .MOD, that isn't used in the CLASS LST file
          > >
          > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "monch9ph" <mon.yao@...> wrote:
          > > >

          > > > Hi,
          > > >
          > > > I did the following in my personal LST :
          > > >
          > > > CLASS:Barbarian.MOD <TAB> HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
          > > > #
          > > > SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Foo Barbarian
          > > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Simple Weapon Proficiency|
          > > Martial
          > > > Weapon Proficiency|All Automatic Proficiencies|All Martial Weapon
          > > > Proficiencies
          > > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Armor Proficiency (Light)|
          > Armor
          > > > Proficiency (Medium)
          > > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Shield Proficiency
          > > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB>
          > > > BONUS:VAR|BarbRageTimesLVL,BarbRagePowerLVL|CL <TAB>
          > > > AUTO:FEAT|Rage|Barbarian Rage
          > > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> BONUS:VAR|IllteracyLVL|CL <TAB>
          > > > DEFINE:IllteracyLVL|0 <TAB> VFEAT:Illiteracy|
          > > PREVAREQ:TL,IlliteracyLVL
          > > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> ABILITY:Class Feature|AUTOMATIC|Foo
          > > Ability
          > > >
          > > > As you noticed, I just copied the entire level 1 of basic
          > barbarian
          > > > and replaced the Fast Movement special feat with an ability.
          > When I
          > > > built the character and selected Foo Barbarian, the Fast Movement
          > > was
          > > > still recorded in the preview screen and the output sheets. This
          > > used
          > > > to work in the last 5.12.1
          > > >
          > > > Monch

        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 30, 2007
            On 8/30/07, Tom Parker <thpr@...> wrote:

            > Drop the .MOD, that isn't used in the CLASS LST file

            Huh? Tom, did you do something weird again?

            I know I'm still on painkillers, but I don't remember us dropping the
            .MOD from classes. Caveat: CLASS lines in order don't need .MOD,
            until the next different CLASS line in the same file. That allows the
            multiple CLASS line definitions for a single class w/o .MOD need.

            PCGen LST Chimp
          • Tom Parker
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 30, 2007
              > Huh? Tom, did you do something weird again?

              Heh. No. My mistake - my brain is addled from way too much stress @
              work at the moment.

              TP.
            • monch9ph
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007

                By the way, when I said it worked in 5.12.1. It worked with the
                FEATAUTO version. When I selected Foo Barbarian, no speed
                adjustment happened (which is correct). Not sure if the AUTO:FEAT
                caused anything to happen.

                Monch

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "monch9ph" <mon.yao@...> wrote:

                > Hi,
                >
                > I did the following in my personal LST :
                >
                > CLASS:Barbarian.MOD <TAB> HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
                > #
                > SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Foo Barbarian
                > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Simple Weapon
                Proficiency|Martial
                > Weapon Proficiency|All Automatic Proficiencies|All Martial Weapon
                > Proficiencies
                > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Armor Proficiency (Light)|Armor
                > Proficiency (Medium)
                > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Shield Proficiency
                > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB>
                > BONUS:VAR|BarbRageTimesLVL,BarbRagePowerLVL|CL <TAB>
                > AUTO:FEAT|Rage|Barbarian Rage
                > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> BONUS:VAR|IllteracyLVL|CL <TAB>
                > DEFINE:IllteracyLVL|0 <TAB>
                VFEAT:Illiteracy|PREVAREQ:TL,IlliteracyLVL
                > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> ABILITY:Class Feature|AUTOMATIC|Foo
                Ability

                > As you noticed, I just copied the entire level 1 of basic barbarian
                > and replaced the Fast Movement special feat with an ability. When
                > built the character and selected Foo Barbarian, the Fast Movement
                was
                > still recorded in the preview screen and the output sheets. This
                used
                > to work in the last 5.12.1
                >
                > Monch

              • Tir Gwaith
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                  On 8/31/07, monch9ph <mon.yao@...> wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > By the way, when I said it worked in 5.12.1. It worked with the
                  > FEATAUTO version. When I selected Foo Barbarian, no speed
                  > adjustment happened (which is correct). Not sure if the AUTO:FEAT
                  > caused anything to happen.

                  Quite possible, since AUTO:FEAT was added after substitution levels
                  code. That would be a Q for Code Monkeys Tom or Zaister. Flagging.

                  PCGen LST Chimp
                • Tom Parker
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                    I just leveraged into the existing Ability code with AUTO:FEAT, so I
                    suspect (and will test this weekend if no one else does)
                    ABILITY:FEAT|AUTOMATIC|Foo will also be a problem in 5.12, and thus is
                    a bug in the Ability code interaction with Substitution Levels

                    TP.

                    > On 8/31/07, monch9ph <mon.yao@...> wrote:
                    > > Hi,
                    > >
                    > > By the way, when I said it worked in 5.12.1. It worked with the
                    > > FEATAUTO version. When I selected Foo Barbarian, no speed
                    > > adjustment happened (which is correct). Not sure if the AUTO:FEAT
                    > > caused anything to happen.
                    >
                    > Quite possible, since AUTO:FEAT was added after substitution levels
                    > code. That would be a Q for Code Monkeys Tom or Zaister. Flagging.
                    >

                    > --
                    > Tir Gwaith
                    > PCGen LST Chimp

                  • Stefan Radermacher
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                      Tom Parker wrote:
                      > I just leveraged into the existing Ability code with AUTO:FEAT, so I
                      > suspect (and will test this weekend if no one else does)
                      > ABILITY:FEAT|AUTOMATIC|Foo will also be a problem in 5.12, and thus is
                      > a bug in the Ability code interaction with Substitution Levels

                      If the problem is with Substitution Levels, then the same problem should
                      arise with subclass levels as well, as the code is basically the same.

                      Stefan.
                    • monch9ph
                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 2, 2007

                        I think there's a difference in the case that I provided. As I
                        understand it, SUBCLASSLEVEL lines add features to the base class
                        level while SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL is supposed to replace the base class
                        level. What happened in my case is the SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL line
                        apparently acted like a SUBCLASSLEVEL. And as I said, this worked in
                        the 5.12.1 version.

                        Monch

                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 3, 2007
                          I can verify odd behavior using the Wizard base class and getting my
                          SUBSTITUTE level added in without me choosing.

                          [ 1786946 ] 5.13.1 Substitution Level broken

                          http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1786946&group_id=25576&atid=384719
                          monch9ph wrote:
                          > Hi,
                          >
                          > I think there's a difference in the case that I provided. As I
                          > understand it, SUBCLASSLEVEL lines add features to the base class
                          > level while SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL is supposed to replace the base class
                          > level. What happened in my case is the SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL line
                          > apparently acted like a SUBCLASSLEVEL. And as I said, this worked in
                          > the 5.12.1 version.
                          >
                          > Monch
                          >
                          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher <radermacher@...> wrote:
                          >
                          >> Tom Parker wrote:
                          >>
                          >>> I just leveraged into the existing Ability code with AUTO:FEAT, so I
                          >>> suspect (and will test this weekend if no one else does)
                          >>> ABILITY:FEAT|AUTOMATIC|Foo will also be a problem in 5.12, and thus is
                          >>> a bug in the Ability code interaction with Substitution Levels
                          >>>
                          >> If the problem is with Substitution Levels, then the same problem should
                          >> arise with subclass levels as well, as the code is basically the same.
                          >>
                          >> Stefan.

                          -- Andrew
                          Tracker & Data Tamarin, Docs Lemur