Re: [pcgen] Re: [BUG] 5.13.1 Substitution Level

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 30, 2007
      Hi Folks!

      On Aug 30, 2007, at 5:13 PM, Tom Parker wrote:

      > Drop the .MOD, that isn't used in the CLASS LST file
      Is that new in 5.13? I works well in 5.12.x. We added an example in
      the docs specifically to cover .MODing classes to add substitution
      levels.

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "monch9ph" <mon.yao@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I did the following in my personal LST :
      > >
      > > CLASS:Barbarian.MOD <TAB> HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
      > > #
      > > SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Foo Barbarian
      > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Simple Weapon Proficiency|
      > Martial
      > > Weapon Proficiency|All Automatic Proficiencies|All Martial Weapon
      > > Proficiencies
      > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Armor Proficiency (Light)|Armor
      > > Proficiency (Medium)
      > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Shield Proficiency
      > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB>
      > > BONUS:VAR|BarbRageTimesLVL,BarbRagePowerLVL|CL <TAB>
      > > AUTO:FEAT|Rage|Barbarian Rage
      > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> BONUS:VAR|IllteracyLVL|CL <TAB>
      > > DEFINE:IllteracyLVL|0 <TAB> VFEAT:Illiteracy|
      > PREVAREQ:TL,IlliteracyLVL
      > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> ABILITY:Class Feature|AUTOMATIC|Foo
      > Ability
      > >
      > > As you noticed, I just copied the entire level 1 of basic barbarian
      > > and replaced the Fast Movement special feat with an ability. When I
      > > built the character and selected Foo Barbarian, the Fast Movement
      > was
      > > still recorded in the preview screen and the output sheets. This
      > used
      > > to work in the last 5.12.1

    • monch9ph
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 30, 2007
        What do you mean drop the .MOD? I want a barbarian with Substitution
        levels. (As in the DOCS).

        Monch

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Parker" <thpr@...> wrote:

        > Drop the .MOD, that isn't used in the CLASS LST file
        >
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "monch9ph" <mon.yao@> wrote:
        > >

        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > I did the following in my personal LST :
        > >
        > > CLASS:Barbarian.MOD <TAB> HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
        > > #
        > > SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Foo Barbarian
        > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Simple Weapon Proficiency|Martial
        > > Weapon Proficiency|All Automatic Proficiencies|All Martial Weapon
        > > Proficiencies
        > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Armor Proficiency (Light)|Armor
        > > Proficiency (Medium)
        > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Shield Proficiency
        > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB>
        > > BONUS:VAR|BarbRageTimesLVL,BarbRagePowerLVL|CL <TAB>
        > > AUTO:FEAT|Rage|Barbarian Rage
        > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> BONUS:VAR|IllteracyLVL|CL <TAB>
        > > DEFINE:IllteracyLVL|0 <TAB> VFEAT:Illiteracy|PREVAREQ:TL,IlliteracyLVL
        > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> ABILITY:Class Feature|AUTOMATIC|Foo Ability
        > >
        > > As you noticed, I just copied the entire level 1 of basic barbarian
        > > and replaced the Fast Movement special feat with an ability. When I
        > > built the character and selected Foo Barbarian, the Fast Movement was
        > > still recorded in the preview screen and the output sheets. This used
        > > to work in the last 5.12.1
        > >
        > > Monch

      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 30, 2007
          Hello again . . .

          The following link points to a discussion on PCGenListFileHelp
          where ,MODing classes was covered.

          Eric

          On Aug 30, 2007, at 5:13 PM, Tom Parker wrote:

          > Drop the .MOD, that isn't used in the CLASS LST file
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "monch9ph" <mon.yao@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I did the following in my personal LST :
          > >
          > > CLASS:Barbarian.MOD <TAB> HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
          > > #
          > > SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Foo Barbarian
          > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Simple Weapon Proficiency|
          > Martial
          > > Weapon Proficiency|All Automatic Proficiencies|All Martial Weapon
          > > Proficiencies
          > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Armor Proficiency (Light)|Armor
          > > Proficiency (Medium)
          > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Shield Proficiency
          > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB>
          > > BONUS:VAR|BarbRageTimesLVL,BarbRagePowerLVL|CL <TAB>
          > > AUTO:FEAT|Rage|Barbarian Rage
          > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> BONUS:VAR|IllteracyLVL|CL <TAB>
          > > DEFINE:IllteracyLVL|0 <TAB> VFEAT:Illiteracy|
          > PREVAREQ:TL,IlliteracyLVL
          > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> ABILITY:Class Feature|AUTOMATIC|Foo
          > Ability
          > >
          > > As you noticed, I just copied the entire level 1 of basic barbarian
          > > and replaced the Fast Movement special feat with an ability. When I
          > > built the character and selected Foo Barbarian, the Fast Movement
          > was
          > > still recorded in the preview screen and the output sheets. This
          > used
          > > to work in the last 5.12.1
          > >
          > > Monch

        • Eric C Smith
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 30, 2007
            Hello once again . . .

            I just verified that .MODing a class in 5.12.0 works just fine.

            I'll try out 5.13 shortly . . .

            Eric

            On Aug 30, 2007, at 5:54 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:

            > Hello again . . .
            >
            > The following link points to a discussion on PCGenListFileHelp
            > where ,MODing classes was covered.

            > Eric
            >
            > On Aug 30, 2007, at 5:13 PM, Tom Parker wrote:
            >

            > > Drop the .MOD, that isn't used in the CLASS LST file
            > >
            > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "monch9ph" <mon.yao@...> wrote:
            > > >

            > > > Hi,
            > > >
            > > > I did the following in my personal LST :
            > > >
            > > > CLASS:Barbarian.MOD <TAB> HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
            > > > #
            > > > SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Foo Barbarian
            > > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Simple Weapon Proficiency|
            > > Martial
            > > > Weapon Proficiency|All Automatic Proficiencies|All Martial Weapon
            > > > Proficiencies
            > > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Armor Proficiency (Light)|
            > Armor
            > > > Proficiency (Medium)
            > > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Shield Proficiency
            > > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB>
            > > > BONUS:VAR|BarbRageTimesLVL,BarbRagePowerLVL|CL <TAB>
            > > > AUTO:FEAT|Rage|Barbarian Rage
            > > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> BONUS:VAR|IllteracyLVL|CL <TAB>
            > > > DEFINE:IllteracyLVL|0 <TAB> VFEAT:Illiteracy|
            > > PREVAREQ:TL,IlliteracyLVL
            > > > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> ABILITY:Class Feature|AUTOMATIC|Foo
            > > Ability
            > > >
            > > > As you noticed, I just copied the entire level 1 of basic
            > barbarian
            > > > and replaced the Fast Movement special feat with an ability.
            > When I
            > > > built the character and selected Foo Barbarian, the Fast Movement
            > > was
            > > > still recorded in the preview screen and the output sheets. This
            > > used
            > > > to work in the last 5.12.1
            > > >
            > > > Monch

          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 30, 2007
              On 8/30/07, Tom Parker <thpr@...> wrote:

              > Drop the .MOD, that isn't used in the CLASS LST file

              Huh? Tom, did you do something weird again?

              I know I'm still on painkillers, but I don't remember us dropping the
              .MOD from classes. Caveat: CLASS lines in order don't need .MOD,
              until the next different CLASS line in the same file. That allows the
              multiple CLASS line definitions for a single class w/o .MOD need.

              PCGen LST Chimp
            • Tom Parker
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 30, 2007
                > Huh? Tom, did you do something weird again?

                Heh. No. My mistake - my brain is addled from way too much stress @
                work at the moment.

                TP.
              • monch9ph
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                  Hi,

                  By the way, when I said it worked in 5.12.1. It worked with the
                  FEATAUTO version. When I selected Foo Barbarian, no speed
                  adjustment happened (which is correct). Not sure if the AUTO:FEAT
                  caused anything to happen.

                  Monch

                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "monch9ph" <mon.yao@...> wrote:

                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > I did the following in my personal LST :
                  >
                  > CLASS:Barbarian.MOD <TAB> HASSUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:YES
                  > #
                  > SUBSTITUTIONCLASS:Foo Barbarian
                  > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Simple Weapon
                  Proficiency|Martial
                  > Weapon Proficiency|All Automatic Proficiencies|All Martial Weapon
                  > Proficiencies
                  > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Armor Proficiency (Light)|Armor
                  > Proficiency (Medium)
                  > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> AUTO:FEAT|Shield Proficiency
                  > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB>
                  > BONUS:VAR|BarbRageTimesLVL,BarbRagePowerLVL|CL <TAB>
                  > AUTO:FEAT|Rage|Barbarian Rage
                  > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> BONUS:VAR|IllteracyLVL|CL <TAB>
                  > DEFINE:IllteracyLVL|0 <TAB>
                  VFEAT:Illiteracy|PREVAREQ:TL,IlliteracyLVL
                  > SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL:1 <TAB> ABILITY:Class Feature|AUTOMATIC|Foo
                  Ability

                  > As you noticed, I just copied the entire level 1 of basic barbarian
                  > and replaced the Fast Movement special feat with an ability. When
                  > built the character and selected Foo Barbarian, the Fast Movement
                  was
                  > still recorded in the preview screen and the output sheets. This
                  used
                  > to work in the last 5.12.1
                  >
                  > Monch

                • Tir Gwaith
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                    On 8/31/07, monch9ph <mon.yao@...> wrote:
                    > Hi,
                    >
                    > By the way, when I said it worked in 5.12.1. It worked with the
                    > FEATAUTO version. When I selected Foo Barbarian, no speed
                    > adjustment happened (which is correct). Not sure if the AUTO:FEAT
                    > caused anything to happen.

                    Quite possible, since AUTO:FEAT was added after substitution levels
                    code. That would be a Q for Code Monkeys Tom or Zaister. Flagging.

                    PCGen LST Chimp
                  • Tom Parker
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                      I just leveraged into the existing Ability code with AUTO:FEAT, so I
                      suspect (and will test this weekend if no one else does)
                      ABILITY:FEAT|AUTOMATIC|Foo will also be a problem in 5.12, and thus is
                      a bug in the Ability code interaction with Substitution Levels

                      TP.

                      > On 8/31/07, monch9ph <mon.yao@...> wrote:
                      > > Hi,
                      > >
                      > > By the way, when I said it worked in 5.12.1. It worked with the
                      > > FEATAUTO version. When I selected Foo Barbarian, no speed
                      > > adjustment happened (which is correct). Not sure if the AUTO:FEAT
                      > > caused anything to happen.
                      >
                      > Quite possible, since AUTO:FEAT was added after substitution levels
                      > code. That would be a Q for Code Monkeys Tom or Zaister. Flagging.
                      >

                      > --
                      > Tir Gwaith
                      > PCGen LST Chimp

                    • Stefan Radermacher
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 31, 2007
                        Tom Parker wrote:
                        > I just leveraged into the existing Ability code with AUTO:FEAT, so I
                        > suspect (and will test this weekend if no one else does)
                        > ABILITY:FEAT|AUTOMATIC|Foo will also be a problem in 5.12, and thus is
                        > a bug in the Ability code interaction with Substitution Levels

                        If the problem is with Substitution Levels, then the same problem should
                        arise with subclass levels as well, as the code is basically the same.

                        Stefan.
                      • monch9ph
                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 2, 2007
                          Hi,

                          I think there's a difference in the case that I provided. As I
                          understand it, SUBCLASSLEVEL lines add features to the base class
                          level while SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL is supposed to replace the base class
                          level. What happened in my case is the SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL line
                          apparently acted like a SUBCLASSLEVEL. And as I said, this worked in
                          the 5.12.1 version.

                          Monch

                          Message 12 of 14 , Sep 3, 2007
                            I can verify odd behavior using the Wizard base class and getting my
                            SUBSTITUTE level added in without me choosing.

                            [ 1786946 ] 5.13.1 Substitution Level broken

                            http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1786946&group_id=25576&atid=384719
                            monch9ph wrote:
                            > Hi,
                            >
                            > I think there's a difference in the case that I provided. As I
                            > understand it, SUBCLASSLEVEL lines add features to the base class
                            > level while SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL is supposed to replace the base class
                            > level. What happened in my case is the SUBSTITUTIONLEVEL line
                            > apparently acted like a SUBCLASSLEVEL. And as I said, this worked in
                            > the 5.12.1 version.
                            >
                            > Monch
                            >
                            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher <radermacher@...> wrote:
                            >
                            >> Tom Parker wrote:
                            >>
                            >>> I just leveraged into the existing Ability code with AUTO:FEAT, so I
                            >>> suspect (and will test this weekend if no one else does)
                            >>> ABILITY:FEAT|AUTOMATIC|Foo will also be a problem in 5.12, and thus is
                            >>> a bug in the Ability code interaction with Substitution Levels
                            >>>
                            >> If the problem is with Substitution Levels, then the same problem should
                            >> arise with subclass levels as well, as the code is basically the same.
                            >>
                            >> Stefan.

                            -- Andrew
                            Tracker & Data Tamarin, Docs Lemur