Re: [pcgen] [HELP] Bonus to Casterlevel for Spells

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2007
      Hi Florian,

      For help with coding lst files in PCGen, you'll find more helpful
      replies on our listhelp group.

      Crossposting to listhelp.

      However, you can fix your problem with several methods - since you
      mentioned a feat (I don't have access to it so I'll give generic terms).
      Question - Does this affect certain schools? Subschools? Descriptors?
      You are on the right track - in your feat use
      BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|TYPE.Arcane|1 or you can continue to use
      BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|Sorcerer|1 & BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|Wizard|1 although the
      TYPE.Arcane will cover both of those.
      Your other method would have worked, but you don't ALL CAPS the name of
      the class. ALL CAPS are for proper code.

      Good luck,
      Florian Reber wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I need a little bit help ... I tried to implement the effects of the feat "Calishite Elemantalist" by creating Special Spells - I copied the original spell (for example Burning Hands) to a new spell (for example Burning Hands (Cal Fire El)) and there tried to find a way to add 1 to the Casterlevel, so that the variable CASTERLEVEL is increased by one every place it is used (mostly in the description text, where it is showed in the program as the actual value, and in the Range variables (CLOSE, LONG, etc.) which is the reason I didn't do it by simply using CASTERLEVEL+1 in the description, this is not possible for the range). The only way I found is by adding
      >
      > BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|SORCERER|1 BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|WIZARD|1
      >
      > to the spell - according to the documentation I thought that should work.
      >
      > But - you guess it - it doesn't. Does anybody has a clue for me why not? All variables using CASTERLEVEL use the non-incremented Casterlevel.
      >
      > At first, I thought because my char is an evoker - but also with an all new wizard from the scratch, it did not work.
      >
      > Does anybody out there can help me how I can implement this increase in CASTERLEVEL for all stats of the spell?
      >
      > Thank you very much in advance,
      >
      > Best regards,
      >
      > Florian Reber

      -- Andrew