[BUG] |FOR,%weap,0,COUNT[EQTYPE.WEAPON]-1,1,1|

  • David
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 27, 2007
      It is either a bug, or I just do not understand what the
      COUNT[EQTYPE.WEAPON] is supposed to return.

      I have a home brew html output sheet that lists each weapon, attack,
      damage, threat, reach, range, and hand.

      Example: Ranger 1, strength 14, dexterity 17.

      Case 1: Long sword(p)
      Prints it with all the correct values

      Case 2: Long sword(p), short sword(oh)
      Prints both with all the correct values including handedness

      Case 3: Long sword(p), long sword(oh)
      Only prints ONE. And it chooses whichever one was equipped first, so
      if the off-hand one was equipped first the numbers are for that one.
      The numbers are correct.

      FYI, I did Case 3 with 2 masterwork longswords, or 2 +1 longswords,
      and it exhibited the same behavior, ie. only printed one when the two
      equipped weapons were identical.

      Is this how the token is supposed to work or is it a bug?

      -- david
      Papa-DRB
    • Frank Kliewe
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 27, 2007
        On 8/28/07, David <Papa-DRB@...> wrote:

        > It is either a bug, or I just do not understand what the
        > COUNT[EQTYPE.WEAPON] is supposed to return.
        >
        > I have a home brew html output sheet that lists each weapon, attack,
        > damage, threat, reach, range, and hand.
        >
        > Example: Ranger 1, strength 14, dexterity 17.
        >
        > Case 1: Long sword(p)
        > Prints it with all the correct values
        >
        > Case 2: Long sword(p), short sword(oh)
        > Prints both with all the correct values including handedness
        >
        > Case 3: Long sword(p), long sword(oh)
        > Only prints ONE. And it chooses whichever one was equipped first, so
        > if the off-hand one was equipped first the numbers are for that one.
        > The numbers are correct.
        >
        > FYI, I did Case 3 with 2 masterwork longswords, or 2 +1 longswords,
        > and it exhibited the same behavior, ie. only printed one when the two
        > equipped weapons were identical.
        >
        > Is this how the token is supposed to work or is it a bug?
        >
        > -- david
        > Papa-DRB

        Looks like a bug to me. To make sure that it's not some other problem
        in your sheet, could you please test if you see both swords when using
        one of the Fantasy statblock sheets? They use COUNT[EQTYPE.WEAPON] as
        well.

        Cheerio,

        Frank Kliewe
        PCGen Content Silverback

        --
        I've been dead once already; it's very liberating. You might think of
        it as... therapy.
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 27, 2007
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Kliewe" <fkliewe@...> wrote:

          > On 8/28/07, David <Papa-DRB@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > It is either a bug, or I just do not understand what the
          > > COUNT[EQTYPE.WEAPON] is supposed to return.
          > >
          > > I have a home brew html output sheet that lists each weapon, attack,
          > > damage, threat, reach, range, and hand.
          > >
          > > Example: Ranger 1, strength 14, dexterity 17.
          > >
          > > Case 1: Long sword(p)
          > > Prints it with all the correct values
          > >
          > > Case 2: Long sword(p), short sword(oh)
          > > Prints both with all the correct values including handedness
          > >
          > > Case 3: Long sword(p), long sword(oh)
          > > Only prints ONE. And it chooses whichever one was equipped first, so
          > > if the off-hand one was equipped first the numbers are for that one.
          > > The numbers are correct.
          > >
          > > FYI, I did Case 3 with 2 masterwork longswords, or 2 +1 longswords,
          > > and it exhibited the same behavior, ie. only printed one when the two
          > > equipped weapons were identical.
          > >
          > > Is this how the token is supposed to work or is it a bug?
          > >
          > > -- david
          > > Papa-DRB
          > >

          > Looks like a bug to me. To make sure that it's not some other problem
          > in your sheet, could you please test if you see both swords when using
          > one of the Fantasy statblock sheets? They use COUNT[EQTYPE.WEAPON] as
          > well.

          Looks like it's acting exactly as it always has. What you want is
          EQTYPE.MERGE.NONE which it should do what you want. EQTYPE will merge
          everything with the same name regardless of how or where it is
          equipped. Yes, it's not documented, but it's how it works.

          Chuck
          OS Chimp
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 27, 2007
            [ 1783016 ] Undocumented features for EQTYPE

            https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1783016&group_id=25576&atid=748234

            Chuck Pint wrote:
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Kliewe" <fkliewe@...> wrote:
            >
            >> On 8/28/07, David <Papa-DRB@...> wrote:
            >>
            >>> It is either a bug, or I just do not understand what the
            >>> COUNT[EQTYPE.WEAPON] is supposed to return.
            >>>
            >>> I have a home brew html output sheet that lists each weapon, attack,
            >>> damage, threat, reach, range, and hand.
            >>>
            >>> Example: Ranger 1, strength 14, dexterity 17.
            >>>
            >>> Case 1: Long sword(p)
            >>> Prints it with all the correct values
            >>>
            >>> Case 2: Long sword(p), short sword(oh)
            >>> Prints both with all the correct values including handedness
            >>>
            >>> Case 3: Long sword(p), long sword(oh)
            >>> Only prints ONE. And it chooses whichever one was equipped first, so
            >>> if the off-hand one was equipped first the numbers are for that one.
            >>> The numbers are correct.
            >>>
            >>> FYI, I did Case 3 with 2 masterwork longswords, or 2 +1 longswords,
            >>> and it exhibited the same behavior, ie. only printed one when the two
            >>> equipped weapons were identical.
            >>>
            >>> Is this how the token is supposed to work or is it a bug?
            >>>
            >>> -- david
            >>> Papa-DRB
            >>>

            >> Looks like a bug to me. To make sure that it's not some other problem
            >> in your sheet, could you please test if you see both swords when using
            >> one of the Fantasy statblock sheets? They use COUNT[EQTYPE.WEAPON] as
            >> well.
            >>

            > Looks like it's acting exactly as it always has. What you want is
            > EQTYPE.MERGE.NONE which it should do what you want. EQTYPE will merge
            > everything with the same name regardless of how or where it is
            > equipped. Yes, it's not documented, but it's how it works.
            >
            > Chuck
            > OS Chimp

            -- Andrew
            Tracker & Data Tamarin, Docs Lemur

          • Frank Kliewe
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 27, 2007
              On 8/28/07, Chuck Pint <pcgen2006@...> wrote:

              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Kliewe" <fkliewe@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > On 8/28/07, David <Papa-DRB@...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > It is either a bug, or I just do not understand what the
              > > > COUNT[EQTYPE.WEAPON] is supposed to return.
              > > >
              > > > I have a home brew html output sheet that lists each weapon, attack,
              > > > damage, threat, reach, range, and hand.
              > > >
              > > > Example: Ranger 1, strength 14, dexterity 17.
              > > >
              > > > Case 1: Long sword(p)
              > > > Prints it with all the correct values
              > > >
              > > > Case 2: Long sword(p), short sword(oh)
              > > > Prints both with all the correct values including handedness
              > > >
              > > > Case 3: Long sword(p), long sword(oh)
              > > > Only prints ONE. And it chooses whichever one was equipped first, so
              > > > if the off-hand one was equipped first the numbers are for that one.
              > > > The numbers are correct.
              > > >
              > > > FYI, I did Case 3 with 2 masterwork longswords, or 2 +1 longswords,
              > > > and it exhibited the same behavior, ie. only printed one when the two
              > > > equipped weapons were identical.
              > > >
              > > > Is this how the token is supposed to work or is it a bug?
              > > >
              > > > -- david
              > > > Papa-DRB
              > > >

              > > Looks like a bug to me. To make sure that it's not some other problem
              > > in your sheet, could you please test if you see both swords when using
              > > one of the Fantasy statblock sheets? They use COUNT[EQTYPE.WEAPON] as
              > > well.
              > >

              > Looks like it's acting exactly as it always has. What you want is
              > EQTYPE.MERGE.NONE which it should do what you want. EQTYPE will merge
              > everything with the same name regardless of how or where it is
              > equipped. Yes, it's not documented, but it's how it works.
              >
              > Chuck
              > OS Chimp

              You need to add a MERGE token to let it not merge? Sheesh, and people
              wonder why we can't get any new OS monkeys.

              The documentation of COUNT in OS is wrong then as well, as it states
              "EQTYPE.WEAPON - The number of weapons a character has." I guess that
              needs to read "The number of different weapons a character has".

              Cheerio,

              Frank Kliewe
              PCGen Content Silverback

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 27, 2007
                Frank: Would you like an additional doc bug, or do we need a CODE
                discussion to change this behavior?

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 27, 2007
                  Ok, here is the section of code in the csheet_d20.htm file. How do I
                  change it? thanks,

                  -- david

                  ===
                  |FOR,%weap,0,COUNT[EQTYPE.WEAPON]-1,1,1|
                  |IIF(WEAPON.%weap.CATEGORY:Melee.OR.WEAPON.%weap.CATEGORY:Natural)|
                  |ELSE|
                  width="5%">|WEAPON.%weap.RANGELIST.0.TOTALHIT|<br>|WEAPON.%weap.RANGELIST.1.TOTALHIT|</td>
                  width="5%">|WEAPON.%weap.RANGELIST.0.DAMAGE|<br>|WEAPON.%weap.RANGELIST.1.DAMAGE|</td>
                  width="5%">|WEAPON.%weap.RANGELIST.0|<br>|WEAPON.%weap.RANGELIST.1|</td>
                  |ENDIF|
                  |ENDFOR|
                  ===

                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen2006@...> wrote:

                  > Looks like it's acting exactly as it always has. What you want is
                  > EQTYPE.MERGE.NONE which it should do what you want. EQTYPE will merge
                  > everything with the same name regardless of how or where it is
                  > equipped. Yes, it's not documented, but it's how it works.
                • Barak
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 28, 2007

                    It *is* the desired behavior. I should know as I'm the one who had it coded
                    up originally.

                    Most people don't want multiple instances of the same weapon (they're
                    carrying loot, etc). So we came up with the idea of merging like objects
                    unless we specifically tell it not to (via the MERGE.NONE token).

                    I'd call it a doc bug and leave it at that.

                    Barak
                  • Frank Kliewe
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 28, 2007
                      On 8/28/07, Barak <barak@...> wrote:

> [...]

                      Merging like objects being the default behavior is desired behavior.
                      Confusing newbs is not. :p

                      Still without a designated OS team in full swing and with the known
                      plans to move to a different implementation for OS creation some time
                      in the future anyway, I'm not going to waste energy on this issue.

                      Let's just update the docs on any issues we find.

                      Cheerio,

                      Frank Kliewe
                      PCGen Content Silverback