[Tir/James] Re: Unavailable Animal Companions [DATA][BUG][5.12.1RC1]

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 6, 2007
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...> wrote:

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@>
      > >
      > >Ovka, so when are you joining our team?!
      >
      > *sigh* Every time I have tried to join, RL has kicked me in the
      > teeth. It seems easier to not join and just help from the sidelines.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Sir George Anonymous

      Totally understandable, heh, I'd forgotten you'd escaped! Ah well
      it's not quite like Pokemon, I can't have them _all_ (but I'll keep
      trying ;p)

    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 6, 2007
        Hi Tir,

        On 6/08/2007 12:32 PM Tir Gwaith wrote
        > James,
        >
        > The fixed list of Animal companions is in, ready for 5.12. The rest
        > I'll evaluate with Aaron's and Eddy's fixes later, in the 5.13 line.
        >
        > Made a tracker for it, so that can get listed in 5.12 notes. :)

        Thanks for that. I'm working on the release now. Release notes are
        available from
        http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=64418&group_id=25576

        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code SB
      • Terry FitzSimons
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 7, 2007
          What was that potato chip that you can't one of? Well I'll just have
          another Pringle while I think of it. Hummm, can's empty, where did they
          go.

          Terry

          On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 08:15:38 -0000, "Martijn Verburg"
          <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

          >--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@>
          >> >
          >> >Ovka, so when are you joining our team?!
          >>
          >> *sigh* Every time I have tried to join, RL has kicked me in the
          >> teeth. It seems easier to not join and just help from the sidelines.
          >>
          >> Cheers,
          >>
          >> Sir George Anonymous
          >
          >Totally understandable, heh, I'd forgotten you'd escaped! Ah well
          >it's not quite like Pokemon, I can't have them _all_ (but I'll keep
          >trying ;p)

          Terry FitzSimons
          FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

          Data Lemur, Docs Gibbon
        • ovka
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 9, 2007
            >Also note I did some work with kits, I added kits specifically for
            >Familiars
            >and Animal Companions. This is because the standard Default Monster
            >kit has
            >a NAME tag which changes it from whatever was given at creation. The
            >companion kits are the same as the default kits without the name
            tag. I
            >added this to 5.12 as well as the trunk.

            The animal companion kits below were left out of the
            companionmods.lst file in the 5.12.1 RSRD. Have they gone into the
            trunk?

            FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
            TYPE:Animal Companion
            PRERACE:1,Dinosaur (Elasmosaurus)
            KIT:1|Default Dinosaur (Elasmosaurus)

            FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
            TYPE:Animal Companion
            PRERACE:1,Dire Animal (Dire Shark)
            KIT:1|Default Dire Animal (Dire Shark)

            FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
            TYPE:Animal Companion
            PRERACE:1,Octopus (Giant)
            KIT:1|Default Octopus (Giant)

            FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
            TYPE:Animal Companion
            PRERACE:1,Shark (Huge)
            KIT:1|Default Shark (Huge)

            FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
            TYPE:Animal Companion
            PRERACE:1,Shark (Large)
            KIT:1|Default Shark (Large)

            FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
            TYPE:Animal Companion
            PRERACE:1,Squid (Giant)
            KIT:1|Default Squid (Giant)

            FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
            TYPE:Animal Companion
            PRERACE:1,Whale (Orca)
            KIT:1|Default Whale (Orca)

            Cheers,

            Sir George Anonymous
          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 9, 2007
              On 8/9/07, ovka <lpacdavis@...> wrote:
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:
              > >Also note I did some work with kits, I added kits specifically for
              > >Familiars
              > >and Animal Companions. This is because the standard Default Monster
              > >kit has
              > >a NAME tag which changes it from whatever was given at creation. The
              > >companion kits are the same as the default kits without the name
              > tag. I
              > >added this to 5.12 as well as the trunk.
              >
              > The animal companion kits below were left out of the
              > companionmods.lst file in the 5.12.1 RSRD. Have they gone into the
              > trunk?

              The KITS were added, but I didn't realize there was a companionmods
              call to automatically call a KIT. And they would be the new Companion
              KITs, not the Default animal kit.

              I'll get them added to Trunk.

              PCGen LST Chimp