Re: [pcgen] [Tir/James] Re: Unavailable Animal Companions [DATA][BUG][5.12.1RC1]

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 4, 2007
      Hi Tir,

      On 5/08/2007 11:59 AM Tir Gwaith wrote
      >> So any changes for 5.12.1 expected? Should I be holding off the build?
      >>

      > Glad I saw this. Smoking break in the middle of my game session. Can
      > you give me 12 hours?

      That's midnight for me, so how about 30 hours? That will be Monday
      afternoon after work for me.

      James Dempsey
      PCGen Code SB
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 5, 2007
        James,

        The fixed list of Animal companions is in, ready for 5.12. The rest
        I'll evaluate with Aaron's and Eddy's fixes later, in the 5.13 line.

        Made a tracker for it, so that can get listed in 5.12 notes. :)

        PCGen LST Chimp
      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 6, 2007
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...> wrote:

          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@>
          > >
          > >Ovka, so when are you joining our team?!
          >
          > *sigh* Every time I have tried to join, RL has kicked me in the
          > teeth. It seems easier to not join and just help from the sidelines.
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Sir George Anonymous

          Totally understandable, heh, I'd forgotten you'd escaped! Ah well
          it's not quite like Pokemon, I can't have them _all_ (but I'll keep
          trying ;p)

        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 6, 2007
            Hi Tir,

            On 6/08/2007 12:32 PM Tir Gwaith wrote
            > James,
            >
            > The fixed list of Animal companions is in, ready for 5.12. The rest
            > I'll evaluate with Aaron's and Eddy's fixes later, in the 5.13 line.
            >
            > Made a tracker for it, so that can get listed in 5.12 notes. :)

            Thanks for that. I'm working on the release now. Release notes are
            available from
            http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=64418&group_id=25576

            James Dempsey
            PCGen Code SB
          • Terry FitzSimons
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 7, 2007
              What was that potato chip that you can't one of? Well I'll just have
              another Pringle while I think of it. Hummm, can's empty, where did they
              go.

              Terry

              On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 08:15:38 -0000, "Martijn Verburg"
              <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

              >--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@>
              >> >
              >> >Ovka, so when are you joining our team?!
              >>
              >> *sigh* Every time I have tried to join, RL has kicked me in the
              >> teeth. It seems easier to not join and just help from the sidelines.
              >>
              >> Cheers,
              >>
              >> Sir George Anonymous
              >
              >Totally understandable, heh, I'd forgotten you'd escaped! Ah well
              >it's not quite like Pokemon, I can't have them _all_ (but I'll keep
              >trying ;p)

              Terry FitzSimons
              FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

              Data Lemur, Docs Gibbon
            • ovka
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 9, 2007
                >Also note I did some work with kits, I added kits specifically for
                >Familiars
                >and Animal Companions. This is because the standard Default Monster
                >kit has
                >a NAME tag which changes it from whatever was given at creation. The
                >companion kits are the same as the default kits without the name
                tag. I
                >added this to 5.12 as well as the trunk.

                The animal companion kits below were left out of the
                companionmods.lst file in the 5.12.1 RSRD. Have they gone into the
                trunk?

                FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                TYPE:Animal Companion
                PRERACE:1,Dinosaur (Elasmosaurus)
                KIT:1|Default Dinosaur (Elasmosaurus)

                FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                TYPE:Animal Companion
                PRERACE:1,Dire Animal (Dire Shark)
                KIT:1|Default Dire Animal (Dire Shark)

                FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                TYPE:Animal Companion
                PRERACE:1,Octopus (Giant)
                KIT:1|Default Octopus (Giant)

                FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                TYPE:Animal Companion
                PRERACE:1,Shark (Huge)
                KIT:1|Default Shark (Huge)

                FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                TYPE:Animal Companion
                PRERACE:1,Shark (Large)
                KIT:1|Default Shark (Large)

                FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                TYPE:Animal Companion
                PRERACE:1,Squid (Giant)
                KIT:1|Default Squid (Giant)

                FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                TYPE:Animal Companion
                PRERACE:1,Whale (Orca)
                KIT:1|Default Whale (Orca)

                Cheers,

                Sir George Anonymous
              • Tir Gwaith
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 9, 2007
                  On 8/9/07, ovka <lpacdavis@...> wrote:
                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:
                  > >Also note I did some work with kits, I added kits specifically for
                  > >Familiars
                  > >and Animal Companions. This is because the standard Default Monster
                  > >kit has
                  > >a NAME tag which changes it from whatever was given at creation. The
                  > >companion kits are the same as the default kits without the name
                  > tag. I
                  > >added this to 5.12 as well as the trunk.
                  >
                  > The animal companion kits below were left out of the
                  > companionmods.lst file in the 5.12.1 RSRD. Have they gone into the
                  > trunk?

                  The KITS were added, but I didn't realize there was a companionmods
                  call to automatically call a KIT. And they would be the new Companion
                  KITs, not the Default animal kit.

                  I'll get them added to Trunk.

                  PCGen LST Chimp