Re: [pcgen] [Tir/James] Re: Unavailable Animal Companions [DATA][BUG][5.12.1RC1]

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 4, 2007
      > So any changes for 5.12.1 expected? Should I be holding off the build?

      Glad I saw this. Smoking break in the middle of my game session. Can
      you give me 12 hours?

      PCGen LST Chimp
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 4, 2007
        Hi Tir,

        On 5/08/2007 11:59 AM Tir Gwaith wrote
        >> So any changes for 5.12.1 expected? Should I be holding off the build?
        >>

        > Glad I saw this. Smoking break in the middle of my game session. Can
        > you give me 12 hours?

        That's midnight for me, so how about 30 hours? That will be Monday
        afternoon after work for me.

        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code SB
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 5, 2007
          James,

          The fixed list of Animal companions is in, ready for 5.12. The rest
          I'll evaluate with Aaron's and Eddy's fixes later, in the 5.13 line.

          Made a tracker for it, so that can get listed in 5.12 notes. :)

          PCGen LST Chimp
        • Martijn Verburg
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 6, 2007
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...> wrote:

            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@>
            > >
            > >Ovka, so when are you joining our team?!
            >
            > *sigh* Every time I have tried to join, RL has kicked me in the
            > teeth. It seems easier to not join and just help from the sidelines.
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > Sir George Anonymous

            Totally understandable, heh, I'd forgotten you'd escaped! Ah well
            it's not quite like Pokemon, I can't have them _all_ (but I'll keep
            trying ;p)

          • James Dempsey
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 6, 2007
              Hi Tir,

              On 6/08/2007 12:32 PM Tir Gwaith wrote
              > James,
              >
              > The fixed list of Animal companions is in, ready for 5.12. The rest
              > I'll evaluate with Aaron's and Eddy's fixes later, in the 5.13 line.
              >
              > Made a tracker for it, so that can get listed in 5.12 notes. :)

              Thanks for that. I'm working on the release now. Release notes are
              available from
              http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=64418&group_id=25576

              James Dempsey
              PCGen Code SB
            • Terry FitzSimons
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 7, 2007
                What was that potato chip that you can't one of? Well I'll just have
                another Pringle while I think of it. Hummm, can's empty, where did they
                go.

                Terry

                On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 08:15:38 -0000, "Martijn Verburg"
                <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

                >--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@>
                >> >
                >> >Ovka, so when are you joining our team?!
                >>
                >> *sigh* Every time I have tried to join, RL has kicked me in the
                >> teeth. It seems easier to not join and just help from the sidelines.
                >>
                >> Cheers,
                >>
                >> Sir George Anonymous
                >
                >Totally understandable, heh, I'd forgotten you'd escaped! Ah well
                >it's not quite like Pokemon, I can't have them _all_ (but I'll keep
                >trying ;p)

                Terry FitzSimons
                FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

                Data Lemur, Docs Gibbon
              • ovka
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 9, 2007
                  >Also note I did some work with kits, I added kits specifically for
                  >Familiars
                  >and Animal Companions. This is because the standard Default Monster
                  >kit has
                  >a NAME tag which changes it from whatever was given at creation. The
                  >companion kits are the same as the default kits without the name
                  tag. I
                  >added this to 5.12 as well as the trunk.

                  The animal companion kits below were left out of the
                  companionmods.lst file in the 5.12.1 RSRD. Have they gone into the
                  trunk?

                  FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                  TYPE:Animal Companion
                  PRERACE:1,Dinosaur (Elasmosaurus)
                  KIT:1|Default Dinosaur (Elasmosaurus)

                  FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                  TYPE:Animal Companion
                  PRERACE:1,Dire Animal (Dire Shark)
                  KIT:1|Default Dire Animal (Dire Shark)

                  FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                  TYPE:Animal Companion
                  PRERACE:1,Octopus (Giant)
                  KIT:1|Default Octopus (Giant)

                  FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                  TYPE:Animal Companion
                  PRERACE:1,Shark (Huge)
                  KIT:1|Default Shark (Huge)

                  FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                  TYPE:Animal Companion
                  PRERACE:1,Shark (Large)
                  KIT:1|Default Shark (Large)

                  FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                  TYPE:Animal Companion
                  PRERACE:1,Squid (Giant)
                  KIT:1|Default Squid (Giant)

                  FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                  TYPE:Animal Companion
                  PRERACE:1,Whale (Orca)
                  KIT:1|Default Whale (Orca)

                  Cheers,

                  Sir George Anonymous
                • Tir Gwaith
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 9, 2007
                    On 8/9/07, ovka <lpacdavis@...> wrote:
                    > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:
                    > >Also note I did some work with kits, I added kits specifically for
                    > >Familiars
                    > >and Animal Companions. This is because the standard Default Monster
                    > >kit has
                    > >a NAME tag which changes it from whatever was given at creation. The
                    > >companion kits are the same as the default kits without the name
                    > tag. I
                    > >added this to 5.12 as well as the trunk.
                    >
                    > The animal companion kits below were left out of the
                    > companionmods.lst file in the 5.12.1 RSRD. Have they gone into the
                    > trunk?

                    The KITS were added, but I didn't realize there was a companionmods
                    call to automatically call a KIT. And they would be the new Companion
                    KITs, not the Default animal kit.

                    I'll get them added to Trunk.

                    PCGen LST Chimp