[Tir/James] Re: Unavailable Animal Companions [DATA][BUG][5.12.1RC1]

  • ovka
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 4, 2007
      > Yeah. I'd love some good verification support as we move to ability
      > objects. :)

      Sounds like fun, but I've already volunteered to work on converting
      the CMP datasets.

      >And Sir George already sort-of is on our team. He sure
      > can't claim to be a lurker. I see his posts too often. :P He's
      > definitely in the long-time-user stage.

      Longer than many, not nearly as long as others. 5.4 was the stable
      when I discovered the project.

      >Don't scare him off with that
      >Soul-Jar of yours, Kar.

      LOL! I was a tracker monkey at one time. I've already escaped from
      the soul jar. It happened during the transition from Kar to PK. I
      have thought about jumping back in as either a code or a list
      monkey. Those areas are much more fun. Then real life reminds me
      why I didn't make it as a TM.

      Currently I'm in hiding from the ninja monkeys. I don't think they
      every figured out that I got away. <looks over shoulder> What was
      that noise?

      Cheers,

      Sir George Anonymous
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 4, 2007
        > So any changes for 5.12.1 expected? Should I be holding off the build?

        Glad I saw this. Smoking break in the middle of my game session. Can
        you give me 12 hours?

        PCGen LST Chimp
      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 4, 2007
          Hi Tir,

          On 5/08/2007 11:59 AM Tir Gwaith wrote
          >> So any changes for 5.12.1 expected? Should I be holding off the build?
          >>

          > Glad I saw this. Smoking break in the middle of my game session. Can
          > you give me 12 hours?

          That's midnight for me, so how about 30 hours? That will be Monday
          afternoon after work for me.

          James Dempsey
          PCGen Code SB
        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 5, 2007
            James,

            The fixed list of Animal companions is in, ready for 5.12. The rest
            I'll evaluate with Aaron's and Eddy's fixes later, in the 5.13 line.

            Made a tracker for it, so that can get listed in 5.12 notes. :)

            PCGen LST Chimp
          • Martijn Verburg
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 6, 2007
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...> wrote:

              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@>
              > >
              > >Ovka, so when are you joining our team?!
              >
              > *sigh* Every time I have tried to join, RL has kicked me in the
              > teeth. It seems easier to not join and just help from the sidelines.
              >
              > Cheers,
              >
              > Sir George Anonymous

              Totally understandable, heh, I'd forgotten you'd escaped! Ah well
              it's not quite like Pokemon, I can't have them _all_ (but I'll keep
              trying ;p)

            • James Dempsey
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 6, 2007
                Hi Tir,

                On 6/08/2007 12:32 PM Tir Gwaith wrote
                > James,
                >
                > The fixed list of Animal companions is in, ready for 5.12. The rest
                > I'll evaluate with Aaron's and Eddy's fixes later, in the 5.13 line.
                >
                > Made a tracker for it, so that can get listed in 5.12 notes. :)

                Thanks for that. I'm working on the release now. Release notes are
                available from
                http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=64418&group_id=25576

                James Dempsey
                PCGen Code SB
              • Terry FitzSimons
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 7, 2007
                  What was that potato chip that you can't one of? Well I'll just have
                  another Pringle while I think of it. Hummm, can's empty, where did they
                  go.

                  Terry

                  On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 08:15:38 -0000, "Martijn Verburg"
                  <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

                  >--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@>
                  >> >
                  >> >Ovka, so when are you joining our team?!
                  >>
                  >> *sigh* Every time I have tried to join, RL has kicked me in the
                  >> teeth. It seems easier to not join and just help from the sidelines.
                  >>
                  >> Cheers,
                  >>
                  >> Sir George Anonymous
                  >
                  >Totally understandable, heh, I'd forgotten you'd escaped! Ah well
                  >it's not quite like Pokemon, I can't have them _all_ (but I'll keep
                  >trying ;p)

                  Terry FitzSimons
                  FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

                  Data Lemur, Docs Gibbon
                • ovka
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 9, 2007
                    >Also note I did some work with kits, I added kits specifically for
                    >Familiars
                    >and Animal Companions. This is because the standard Default Monster
                    >kit has
                    >a NAME tag which changes it from whatever was given at creation. The
                    >companion kits are the same as the default kits without the name
                    tag. I
                    >added this to 5.12 as well as the trunk.

                    The animal companion kits below were left out of the
                    companionmods.lst file in the 5.12.1 RSRD. Have they gone into the
                    trunk?

                    FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                    TYPE:Animal Companion
                    PRERACE:1,Dinosaur (Elasmosaurus)
                    KIT:1|Default Dinosaur (Elasmosaurus)

                    FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                    TYPE:Animal Companion
                    PRERACE:1,Dire Animal (Dire Shark)
                    KIT:1|Default Dire Animal (Dire Shark)

                    FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                    TYPE:Animal Companion
                    PRERACE:1,Octopus (Giant)
                    KIT:1|Default Octopus (Giant)

                    FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                    TYPE:Animal Companion
                    PRERACE:1,Shark (Huge)
                    KIT:1|Default Shark (Huge)

                    FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                    TYPE:Animal Companion
                    PRERACE:1,Shark (Large)
                    KIT:1|Default Shark (Large)

                    FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                    TYPE:Animal Companion
                    PRERACE:1,Squid (Giant)
                    KIT:1|Default Squid (Giant)

                    FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                    TYPE:Animal Companion
                    PRERACE:1,Whale (Orca)
                    KIT:1|Default Whale (Orca)

                    Cheers,

                    Sir George Anonymous
                  • Tir Gwaith
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 9, 2007
                      On 8/9/07, ovka <lpacdavis@...> wrote:
                      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:
                      > >Also note I did some work with kits, I added kits specifically for
                      > >Familiars
                      > >and Animal Companions. This is because the standard Default Monster
                      > >kit has
                      > >a NAME tag which changes it from whatever was given at creation. The
                      > >companion kits are the same as the default kits without the name
                      > tag. I
                      > >added this to 5.12 as well as the trunk.
                      >
                      > The animal companion kits below were left out of the
                      > companionmods.lst file in the 5.12.1 RSRD. Have they gone into the
                      > trunk?

                      The KITS were added, but I didn't realize there was a companionmods
                      call to automatically call a KIT. And they would be the new Companion
                      KITs, not the Default animal kit.

                      I'll get them added to Trunk.

                      PCGen LST Chimp