Re: [pcgen] PCC

  • Terry FitzSimons
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 4 7:06 PM
      Caleb did you ever get this figured out? The best way to enter a campaign
      source file from scratch is via the third party editors. Check the docs
      that come with PcGen. In the file
      PCGenxxxx\docs\faqpages\faqiwannahelp.html you will find some getting
      started help.

      The LST editor are more for use in the already installed campaign to make
      changes/additions.

      Terry

      --

      Terry FitzSimons
      FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

      Data Lemur, Docs Gibbon
    • Caleb Ulfers
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 28 1:28 PM
        I used a 3rd-party editor to make the LST files; they don't show up in PCGen.

        Terry FitzSimons <fitzsimons@...> wrote: Caleb did you ever get this figured out? The best way to enter a campaign

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 28 1:51 PM
          Hi Caleb,

          1) Is your .pcc file up to the documentation specs? (Must have a
          Gamemode tag, a Sourcelong, Sourceshort, Type , rank and Campaign name)
          2) Is PCGen set to the gamemode?
          3) Does your .pcc file point to your other lst files using the name
          exactly as they appear?
          4) do your lst files have the proper tags included?

          If you are unsure, upload them to the "I need help" in the listhelp
          group. Or you may email me directly for further assistance.

          Caleb Ulfers wrote:
          > I used a 3rd-party editor to make the LST files; they don't show up in PCGen.
          >
          > Terry FitzSimons <fitzsimons@...> wrote: Caleb did you ever get this figured out? The best way to enter a campaign
          > source file from scratch is via the third party editors. Check the docs
          > that come with PcGen. In the file
          > PCGenxxxx\docs\faqpages\faqiwannahelp.html you will find some getting
          > started help.
          >
          > The LST editor are more for use in the already installed campaign to make
          > changes/additions.
          >
          > Terry
          >
          > On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 18:50:48 -0700 (PDT), Caleb Ulfers <bleaciu@...>
          > wrote:
          >

          >> 5.12.0 is the version I am using. I forgot to say I was entering a source file.
          >>
          >> James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote: Hi,
          >>
          >> On 17/07/2007 6:13 AM bleaciu wrote
          >>
          >>> I have been trying to enter a campaign into PCGen using the LST editor,
          >>> but when I exit the program and open it up again, my campaign file is
          >>> gone. I am using the 3.5 gamemode.
          >>>

          >> What version of PCGen are you using? We fixed a couple of problems that
          >> could cause this in 5.12.0.
          >>
          >> Also, when you say "entering a campaign" what sort of items are you
          >> creating (skills, classes, races etc)?
          >>
          >> It could be that there is an error occurring in the background. Could
          >> you start the debug console (via the menu Debug > Console) and enter
          >> your info and save it as normal. Does anything appear in the console
          >> that might be an error? If in doubt, post the lot to me via private
          >> email and I can filter it to pick out anything relevant.
          >>
          > --
          >
          > Terry FitzSimons
          > FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)
          >
          > Data Lemur, Docs Gibbon