[Tir/James] Re: Unavailable Animal Companions [DATA][BUG][5.12.1RC1]

  • ovka
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 4, 2007

      >Ovka, so when are you joining our team?!

      *sigh* Every time I have tried to join, RL has kicked me in the
      teeth. It seems easier to not join and just help from the sidelines.

      Cheers,

      Sir George Anonymous
    • ovka
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 4, 2007
        > Yeah. I'd love some good verification support as we move to ability
        > objects. :)

        Sounds like fun, but I've already volunteered to work on converting
        the CMP datasets.

        >And Sir George already sort-of is on our team. He sure
        > can't claim to be a lurker. I see his posts too often. :P He's
        > definitely in the long-time-user stage.

        Longer than many, not nearly as long as others. 5.4 was the stable
        when I discovered the project.

        >Don't scare him off with that
        >Soul-Jar of yours, Kar.

        LOL! I was a tracker monkey at one time. I've already escaped from
        the soul jar. It happened during the transition from Kar to PK. I
        have thought about jumping back in as either a code or a list
        monkey. Those areas are much more fun. Then real life reminds me
        why I didn't make it as a TM.

        Currently I'm in hiding from the ninja monkeys. I don't think they
        every figured out that I got away. <looks over shoulder> What was
        that noise?

        Cheers,

        Sir George Anonymous
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 4, 2007
          > So any changes for 5.12.1 expected? Should I be holding off the build?

          Glad I saw this. Smoking break in the middle of my game session. Can
          you give me 12 hours?

          PCGen LST Chimp
        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 4, 2007
            Hi Tir,

            On 5/08/2007 11:59 AM Tir Gwaith wrote
            >> So any changes for 5.12.1 expected? Should I be holding off the build?
            >>

            > Glad I saw this. Smoking break in the middle of my game session. Can
            > you give me 12 hours?

            That's midnight for me, so how about 30 hours? That will be Monday
            afternoon after work for me.

            James Dempsey
            PCGen Code SB
          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 5, 2007
              James,

              The fixed list of Animal companions is in, ready for 5.12. The rest
              I'll evaluate with Aaron's and Eddy's fixes later, in the 5.13 line.

              Made a tracker for it, so that can get listed in 5.12 notes. :)

              PCGen LST Chimp
            • Martijn Verburg
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 6, 2007
                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...> wrote:

                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@>
                > >
                > >Ovka, so when are you joining our team?!
                >
                > *sigh* Every time I have tried to join, RL has kicked me in the
                > teeth. It seems easier to not join and just help from the sidelines.
                >
                > Cheers,
                >
                > Sir George Anonymous

                Totally understandable, heh, I'd forgotten you'd escaped! Ah well
                it's not quite like Pokemon, I can't have them _all_ (but I'll keep
                trying ;p)

              • James Dempsey
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 6, 2007
                  Hi Tir,

                  On 6/08/2007 12:32 PM Tir Gwaith wrote
                  > James,
                  >
                  > The fixed list of Animal companions is in, ready for 5.12. The rest
                  > I'll evaluate with Aaron's and Eddy's fixes later, in the 5.13 line.
                  >
                  > Made a tracker for it, so that can get listed in 5.12 notes. :)

                  Thanks for that. I'm working on the release now. Release notes are
                  available from
                  http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=64418&group_id=25576

                  James Dempsey
                  PCGen Code SB
                • Terry FitzSimons
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 7, 2007
                    What was that potato chip that you can't one of? Well I'll just have
                    another Pringle while I think of it. Hummm, can's empty, where did they
                    go.

                    Terry

                    On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 08:15:38 -0000, "Martijn Verburg"
                    <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

                    >--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...> wrote:
                    >>
                    >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@>
                    >> >
                    >> >Ovka, so when are you joining our team?!
                    >>
                    >> *sigh* Every time I have tried to join, RL has kicked me in the
                    >> teeth. It seems easier to not join and just help from the sidelines.
                    >>
                    >> Cheers,
                    >>
                    >> Sir George Anonymous
                    >
                    >Totally understandable, heh, I'd forgotten you'd escaped! Ah well
                    >it's not quite like Pokemon, I can't have them _all_ (but I'll keep
                    >trying ;p)

                    Terry FitzSimons
                    FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

                    Data Lemur, Docs Gibbon
                  • ovka
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 9, 2007
                      >Also note I did some work with kits, I added kits specifically for
                      >Familiars
                      >and Animal Companions. This is because the standard Default Monster
                      >kit has
                      >a NAME tag which changes it from whatever was given at creation. The
                      >companion kits are the same as the default kits without the name
                      tag. I
                      >added this to 5.12 as well as the trunk.

                      The animal companion kits below were left out of the
                      companionmods.lst file in the 5.12.1 RSRD. Have they gone into the
                      trunk?

                      FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                      TYPE:Animal Companion
                      PRERACE:1,Dinosaur (Elasmosaurus)
                      KIT:1|Default Dinosaur (Elasmosaurus)

                      FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                      TYPE:Animal Companion
                      PRERACE:1,Dire Animal (Dire Shark)
                      KIT:1|Default Dire Animal (Dire Shark)

                      FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                      TYPE:Animal Companion
                      PRERACE:1,Octopus (Giant)
                      KIT:1|Default Octopus (Giant)

                      FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                      TYPE:Animal Companion
                      PRERACE:1,Shark (Huge)
                      KIT:1|Default Shark (Huge)

                      FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                      TYPE:Animal Companion
                      PRERACE:1,Shark (Large)
                      KIT:1|Default Shark (Large)

                      FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                      TYPE:Animal Companion
                      PRERACE:1,Squid (Giant)
                      KIT:1|Default Squid (Giant)

                      FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                      TYPE:Animal Companion
                      PRERACE:1,Whale (Orca)
                      KIT:1|Default Whale (Orca)

                      Cheers,

                      Sir George Anonymous
                    • Tir Gwaith
                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 9, 2007
                        On 8/9/07, ovka <lpacdavis@...> wrote:
                        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:
                        > >Also note I did some work with kits, I added kits specifically for
                        > >Familiars
                        > >and Animal Companions. This is because the standard Default Monster
                        > >kit has
                        > >a NAME tag which changes it from whatever was given at creation. The
                        > >companion kits are the same as the default kits without the name
                        > tag. I
                        > >added this to 5.12 as well as the trunk.
                        >
                        > The animal companion kits below were left out of the
                        > companionmods.lst file in the 5.12.1 RSRD. Have they gone into the
                        > trunk?

                        The KITS were added, but I didn't realize there was a companionmods
                        call to automatically call a KIT. And they would be the new Companion
                        KITs, not the Default animal kit.

                        I'll get them added to Trunk.

                        PCGen LST Chimp