Re: [pcgen] [Tir/James] Re: Unavailable Animal Companions [DATA][BUG][5.12.1RC1]

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 4, 2007
      Hi Tir,

      On 5/08/2007 12:12 AM Tir Gwaith wrote
      >>> Now, the FOLLOWERADJUSTMENT: I think Aaron did some stuff there, and I
      >>> can easily verify port it late tonight/tomorrow morning. We have to
      >>> use the numbers out of the RSRD, not any errata from WotC about their
      >>> books.
      >>>
      >> Also note I did some work with kits, I added kits specifically for Familiars
      >> and Animal Companions. This is because the standard Default Monster kit has
      >> a NAME tag which changes it from whatever was given at creation. The
      >> companion kits are the same as the default kits without the name tag. I
      >> added this to 5.12 as well as the trunk.
      >>

      > Kewl, I'll double check. I think I remember that in the 5.12 branch.
      >
      > We do a poll on what animals to add to the Core Book 1 set when we get
      > the proper filter stuff added. In 5.13 (trunk), I'm going to be
      > changing the old TYPEs on a number of races and seeing what breaks. :)
      > We'll have a better idea of what we need from the Code Monkeys then.

      So any changes for 5.12.1 expected? Should I be holding off the build?

      James Dempsey
      PCGen Code SB
    • ovka
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 4, 2007

        >Ovka, so when are you joining our team?!

        *sigh* Every time I have tried to join, RL has kicked me in the
        teeth. It seems easier to not join and just help from the sidelines.

        Cheers,

        Sir George Anonymous
      • ovka
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 4, 2007
          > Yeah. I'd love some good verification support as we move to ability
          > objects. :)

          Sounds like fun, but I've already volunteered to work on converting
          the CMP datasets.

          >And Sir George already sort-of is on our team. He sure
          > can't claim to be a lurker. I see his posts too often. :P He's
          > definitely in the long-time-user stage.

          Longer than many, not nearly as long as others. 5.4 was the stable
          when I discovered the project.

          >Don't scare him off with that
          >Soul-Jar of yours, Kar.

          LOL! I was a tracker monkey at one time. I've already escaped from
          the soul jar. It happened during the transition from Kar to PK. I
          have thought about jumping back in as either a code or a list
          monkey. Those areas are much more fun. Then real life reminds me
          why I didn't make it as a TM.

          Currently I'm in hiding from the ninja monkeys. I don't think they
          every figured out that I got away. <looks over shoulder> What was
          that noise?

          Cheers,

          Sir George Anonymous
        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 4, 2007
            > So any changes for 5.12.1 expected? Should I be holding off the build?

            Glad I saw this. Smoking break in the middle of my game session. Can
            you give me 12 hours?

            PCGen LST Chimp
          • James Dempsey
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 4, 2007
              Hi Tir,

              On 5/08/2007 11:59 AM Tir Gwaith wrote
              >> So any changes for 5.12.1 expected? Should I be holding off the build?
              >>

              > Glad I saw this. Smoking break in the middle of my game session. Can
              > you give me 12 hours?

              That's midnight for me, so how about 30 hours? That will be Monday
              afternoon after work for me.

              James Dempsey
              PCGen Code SB
            • Tir Gwaith
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 5, 2007
                James,

                The fixed list of Animal companions is in, ready for 5.12. The rest
                I'll evaluate with Aaron's and Eddy's fixes later, in the 5.13 line.

                Made a tracker for it, so that can get listed in 5.12 notes. :)

                PCGen LST Chimp
              • Martijn Verburg
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 6, 2007
                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...> wrote:

                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@>
                  > >
                  > >Ovka, so when are you joining our team?!
                  >
                  > *sigh* Every time I have tried to join, RL has kicked me in the
                  > teeth. It seems easier to not join and just help from the sidelines.
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  >
                  > Sir George Anonymous

                  Totally understandable, heh, I'd forgotten you'd escaped! Ah well
                  it's not quite like Pokemon, I can't have them _all_ (but I'll keep
                  trying ;p)

                • James Dempsey
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 6, 2007
                    Hi Tir,

                    On 6/08/2007 12:32 PM Tir Gwaith wrote
                    > James,
                    >
                    > The fixed list of Animal companions is in, ready for 5.12. The rest
                    > I'll evaluate with Aaron's and Eddy's fixes later, in the 5.13 line.
                    >
                    > Made a tracker for it, so that can get listed in 5.12 notes. :)

                    Thanks for that. I'm working on the release now. Release notes are
                    available from
                    http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=64418&group_id=25576

                    James Dempsey
                    PCGen Code SB
                  • Terry FitzSimons
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 7, 2007
                      What was that potato chip that you can't one of? Well I'll just have
                      another Pringle while I think of it. Hummm, can's empty, where did they
                      go.

                      Terry

                      On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 08:15:38 -0000, "Martijn Verburg"
                      <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

                      >--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...> wrote:
                      >>
                      >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@>
                      >> >
                      >> >Ovka, so when are you joining our team?!
                      >>
                      >> *sigh* Every time I have tried to join, RL has kicked me in the
                      >> teeth. It seems easier to not join and just help from the sidelines.
                      >>
                      >> Cheers,
                      >>
                      >> Sir George Anonymous
                      >
                      >Totally understandable, heh, I'd forgotten you'd escaped! Ah well
                      >it's not quite like Pokemon, I can't have them _all_ (but I'll keep
                      >trying ;p)

                      Terry FitzSimons
                      FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

                      Data Lemur, Docs Gibbon
                    • ovka
                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 9, 2007
                        >Also note I did some work with kits, I added kits specifically for
                        >Familiars
                        >and Animal Companions. This is because the standard Default Monster
                        >kit has
                        >a NAME tag which changes it from whatever was given at creation. The
                        >companion kits are the same as the default kits without the name
                        tag. I
                        >added this to 5.12 as well as the trunk.

                        The animal companion kits below were left out of the
                        companionmods.lst file in the 5.12.1 RSRD. Have they gone into the
                        trunk?

                        FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                        TYPE:Animal Companion
                        PRERACE:1,Dinosaur (Elasmosaurus)
                        KIT:1|Default Dinosaur (Elasmosaurus)

                        FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                        TYPE:Animal Companion
                        PRERACE:1,Dire Animal (Dire Shark)
                        KIT:1|Default Dire Animal (Dire Shark)

                        FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                        TYPE:Animal Companion
                        PRERACE:1,Octopus (Giant)
                        KIT:1|Default Octopus (Giant)

                        FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                        TYPE:Animal Companion
                        PRERACE:1,Shark (Huge)
                        KIT:1|Default Shark (Huge)

                        FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                        TYPE:Animal Companion
                        PRERACE:1,Shark (Large)
                        KIT:1|Default Shark (Large)

                        FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                        TYPE:Animal Companion
                        PRERACE:1,Squid (Giant)
                        KIT:1|Default Squid (Giant)

                        FOLLOWER:CompLevel=1
                        TYPE:Animal Companion
                        PRERACE:1,Whale (Orca)
                        KIT:1|Default Whale (Orca)

                        Cheers,

                        Sir George Anonymous
                      • Tir Gwaith
                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 9, 2007
                          On 8/9/07, ovka <lpacdavis@...> wrote:
                          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:
                          > >Also note I did some work with kits, I added kits specifically for
                          > >Familiars
                          > >and Animal Companions. This is because the standard Default Monster
                          > >kit has
                          > >a NAME tag which changes it from whatever was given at creation. The
                          > >companion kits are the same as the default kits without the name
                          > tag. I
                          > >added this to 5.12 as well as the trunk.
                          >
                          > The animal companion kits below were left out of the
                          > companionmods.lst file in the 5.12.1 RSRD. Have they gone into the
                          > trunk?

                          The KITS were added, but I didn't realize there was a companionmods
                          call to automatically call a KIT. And they would be the new Companion
                          KITs, not the Default animal kit.

                          I'll get them added to Trunk.

                          PCGen LST Chimp