[Tir/James] Re: Unavailable Animal Companions [DATA][BUG][5.12.1RC1]

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 4, 2007
      Tir can you check this? I know Aaron committed a lot of similar
      changes, but I think that was in the 5.14 trunk? James I'm not sure
      this will/should hold up the release, I'll let Tir comment on this first.

      Ovka, so when are you joining our team?!

      Thanks for the report

    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 4, 2007
        On 8/4/07, Martijn Verburg <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
        > Tir can you check this? I know Aaron committed a lot of similar
        > changes, but I think that was in the 5.14 trunk? James I'm not sure
        > this will/should hold up the release, I'll let Tir comment on this first.

        Aaron did a _lot_ of changes. Since some of them were deep, so I
        elected to not merge them into 5.12. Some of the lighter changes did
        get merged in.

        I'm _really_ against moving every animal into the Core Book 1 dataset
        in 5.12. It becomes hard to select a race on the summary tab. Until
        the new filters for KITs etc we've been discussing on
        pcgen_experimental, loading up with lots of non-standard PC races bogs
        down normal character selection. (And I'm glad that I wasn't the only
        person feeling that way.) My other justification is that one can't
        create a Druid with only Core Book 1, since the Animals are in Core
        Book 3. Heck, I don't even like the Familiars there. Seriously.

        Now, the FOLLOWERADJUSTMENT: I think Aaron did some stuff there, and I
        can easily verify port it late tonight/tomorrow morning. We have to
        use the numbers out of the RSRD, not any errata from WotC about their
        books.

        > Ovka, so when are you joining our team?!
        >
        > Thanks for the report

        Yeah. I'd love some good verification support as we move to ability
        objects. :) And Sir George already sort-of is on our team. He sure
        can't claim to be a lurker. I see his posts too often. :P He's
        definitely in the long-time-user stage. Don't scare him off with that
        Soul-Jar of yours, Kar.

        PCGen LST Chimp
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 4, 2007
          Tir Gwaith scribed:

          > Now, the FOLLOWERADJUSTMENT: I think Aaron did some stuff there, and I
          > can easily verify port it late tonight/tomorrow morning. We have to
          > use the numbers out of the RSRD, not any errata from WotC about their
          > books.

          Also note I did some work with kits, I added kits specifically for Familiars
          and Animal Companions. This is because the standard Default Monster kit has
          a NAME tag which changes it from whatever was given at creation. The
          companion kits are the same as the default kits without the name tag. I
          added this to 5.12 as well as the trunk.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp, OS Tamarin
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 4, 2007
            > > Now, the FOLLOWERADJUSTMENT: I think Aaron did some stuff there, and I
            > > can easily verify port it late tonight/tomorrow morning. We have to
            > > use the numbers out of the RSRD, not any errata from WotC about their
            > > books.
            >
            > Also note I did some work with kits, I added kits specifically for Familiars
            > and Animal Companions. This is because the standard Default Monster kit has
            > a NAME tag which changes it from whatever was given at creation. The
            > companion kits are the same as the default kits without the name tag. I
            > added this to 5.12 as well as the trunk.

            Kewl, I'll double check. I think I remember that in the 5.12 branch.

            We do a poll on what animals to add to the Core Book 1 set when we get
            the proper filter stuff added. In 5.13 (trunk), I'm going to be
            changing the old TYPEs on a number of races and seeing what breaks. :)
            We'll have a better idea of what we need from the Code Monkeys then.

            PCGen LST Chimp
          • James Dempsey
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 4, 2007
              Hi Tir,

              On 5/08/2007 12:12 AM Tir Gwaith wrote
              >>> Now, the FOLLOWERADJUSTMENT: I think Aaron did some stuff there, and I
              >>> can easily verify port it late tonight/tomorrow morning. We have to
              >>> use the numbers out of the RSRD, not any errata from WotC about their
              >>> books.
              >>>
              >> Also note I did some work with kits, I added kits specifically for Familiars
              >> and Animal Companions. This is because the standard Default Monster kit has
              >> a NAME tag which changes it from whatever was given at creation. The
              >> companion kits are the same as the default kits without the name tag. I
              >> added this to 5.12 as well as the trunk.
              >>

              > Kewl, I'll double check. I think I remember that in the 5.12 branch.
              >
              > We do a poll on what animals to add to the Core Book 1 set when we get
              > the proper filter stuff added. In 5.13 (trunk), I'm going to be
              > changing the old TYPEs on a number of races and seeing what breaks. :)
              > We'll have a better idea of what we need from the Code Monkeys then.

              So any changes for 5.12.1 expected? Should I be holding off the build?

              James Dempsey
              PCGen Code SB
            • ovka
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 4, 2007

                >Ovka, so when are you joining our team?!

                *sigh* Every time I have tried to join, RL has kicked me in the
                teeth. It seems easier to not join and just help from the sidelines.

                Cheers,

                Sir George Anonymous
              • ovka
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 4, 2007
                  > Yeah. I'd love some good verification support as we move to ability
                  > objects. :)

                  Sounds like fun, but I've already volunteered to work on converting
                  the CMP datasets.

                  >And Sir George already sort-of is on our team. He sure
                  > can't claim to be a lurker. I see his posts too often. :P He's
                  > definitely in the long-time-user stage.

                  Longer than many, not nearly as long as others. 5.4 was the stable
                  when I discovered the project.

                  >Don't scare him off with that
                  >Soul-Jar of yours, Kar.

                  LOL! I was a tracker monkey at one time. I've already escaped from
                  the soul jar. It happened during the transition from Kar to PK. I
                  have thought about jumping back in as either a code or a list
                  monkey. Those areas are much more fun. Then real life reminds me
                  why I didn't make it as a TM.

                  Currently I'm in hiding from the ninja monkeys. I don't think they
                  every figured out that I got away. <looks over shoulder> What was
                  that noise?

                  Cheers,

                  Sir George Anonymous
                • Tir Gwaith
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 4, 2007
                    > So any changes for 5.12.1 expected? Should I be holding off the build?

                    Glad I saw this. Smoking break in the middle of my game session. Can
                    you give me 12 hours?

                    PCGen LST Chimp
                  • James Dempsey
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 4, 2007
                      Hi Tir,

                      On 5/08/2007 11:59 AM Tir Gwaith wrote
                      >> So any changes for 5.12.1 expected? Should I be holding off the build?
                      >>

                      > Glad I saw this. Smoking break in the middle of my game session. Can
                      > you give me 12 hours?

                      That's midnight for me, so how about 30 hours? That will be Monday
                      afternoon after work for me.

                      James Dempsey
                      PCGen Code SB
                    • Tir Gwaith
                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 5, 2007
                        James,

                        The fixed list of Animal companions is in, ready for 5.12. The rest
                        I'll evaluate with Aaron's and Eddy's fixes later, in the 5.13 line.

                        Made a tracker for it, so that can get listed in 5.12 notes. :)

                        PCGen LST Chimp
                      • Martijn Verburg
                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 6, 2007
                          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...> wrote:

                          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@>
                          > >
                          > >Ovka, so when are you joining our team?!
                          >
                          > *sigh* Every time I have tried to join, RL has kicked me in the
                          > teeth. It seems easier to not join and just help from the sidelines.
                          >
                          > Cheers,
                          >
                          > Sir George Anonymous

                          Totally understandable, heh, I'd forgotten you'd escaped! Ah well
                          it's not quite like Pokemon, I can't have them _all_ (but I'll keep
                          trying ;p)

                        • James Dempsey
                          Message 12 of 16 , Aug 6, 2007
                            Hi Tir,

                            On 6/08/2007 12:32 PM Tir Gwaith wrote
                            > James,
                            >
                            > The fixed list of Animal companions is in, ready for 5.12. The rest
                            > I'll evaluate with Aaron's and Eddy's fixes later, in the 5.13 line.
                            >
                            > Made a tracker for it, so that can get listed in 5.12 notes. :)

                            Thanks for that. I'm working on the release now. Release notes are
                            available from
                            http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=64418&group_id=25576

                            James Dempsey
                            PCGen Code SB
                          • Terry FitzSimons
                            Message 13 of 16 , Aug 7, 2007
                              What was that potato chip that you can't one of? Well I'll just have
                              another Pringle while I think of it. Hummm, can's empty, where did they
                              go.

                              Terry

                              On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 08:15:38 -0000, "Martijn Verburg"
                              <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

                              >--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...> wrote:
                              >>
                              >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@>
                              >> >
                              >> >Ovka, so when are you joining our team?!
                              >>
                              >> *sigh* Every time I have tried to join, RL has kicked me in the
                              >> teeth. It seems easier to not join and just help from the sidelines.
                              >>
                              >> Cheers,
                              >>
                              >> Sir George Anonymous
                              >
                              >Totally understandable, heh, I'd forgotten you'd escaped! Ah well
                              >it's not quite like Pokemon, I can't have them _all_ (but I'll keep
                              >trying ;p)

                              Terry FitzSimons
                              FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

                              Data Lemur, Docs Gibbon
                            • ovka
                              Message 14 of 16 , Aug 9, 2007
                                >Also note I did some work with kits, I added kits specifically for
                                >Familiars
                                >and Animal Companions. This is because the standard Default Monster
                                >kit has
                                >a NAME tag which changes it from whatever was given at creation. The
                                >companion kits are the same as the default kits without the name
                                tag. I
                                >added this to 5.12 as well as the trunk.

                                The animal companion kits below were left out of the
                                companionmods.lst file in the 5.12.1 RSRD. Have they gone into the
                                trunk?

                                Message 15 of 16 , Aug 9, 2007
                                  On 8/9/07, ovka <lpacdavis@...> wrote:
                                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:
                                  > >Also note I did some work with kits, I added kits specifically for
                                  > >Familiars
                                  > >and Animal Companions. This is because the standard Default Monster
                                  > >kit has
                                  > >a NAME tag which changes it from whatever was given at creation. The
                                  > >companion kits are the same as the default kits without the name
                                  > tag. I
                                  > >added this to 5.12 as well as the trunk.
                                  >
                                  > The animal companion kits below were left out of the
                                  > companionmods.lst file in the 5.12.1 RSRD. Have they gone into the
                                  > trunk?

                                  The KITS were added, but I didn't realize there was a companionmods
                                  call to automatically call a KIT. And they would be the new Companion
                                  KITs, not the Default animal kit.

                                  I'll get them added to Trunk.

                                  PCGen LST Chimp