DMGen: how do I set someone's initiative count?

  • theonetruestripes
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2007
      In DMGen's initiative manage how do I set someone's initiative count? For example if I
      have some players that prefer to roll the dice (it is nice to keep players happy), or even if I
      just decide to adjust counts so I don't have a 2 PCs and a monster all going at the same
      count (I find it much easier to use when only one person/monster is active at once).
    • cofoghlu
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2007
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "theonetruestripes"
        <megcp.20.stripes@...> wrote:

        > In DMGen's initiative manage how do I set someone's initiative
        count? For example if I
        > have some players that prefer to roll the dice (it is nice to keep
        players happy), or even if I
        > just decide to adjust counts so I don't have a 2 PCs and a monster
        all going at the same
        > count (I find it much easier to use when only one person/monster is
        active at once).

        GMGen allows you to over-write the initiative values after they have
        been rolled. I normally use the Start Combat button which sets
        initiatives for everyone and then overwrite the PCs initiatives with
        the values that they have rolled at the table. I think that there is a
        preferences setting to disable the initiative rolling for PCs.

        In your case, you can overwrite the monster ones too if you don't want
        them all to be highlighted at once. This is also handy when there is a
        delay action or something like that in the combat.