ABILITY on the Output Sheet

  • Stefan Radermacher
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 12, 2007
      Stupid question: do we have output sheet tokens for ABILITY object stuff?

      Stefan.
    • Frank Kliewe
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 12, 2007
        On 7/13/07, Stefan Radermacher <radermacher@...> wrote:
        > Stupid question: do we have output sheet tokens for ABILITY object stuff?
        >
        > Stefan.

        Look in the docs under Output Sheets->Output Sheet Token Index->Feat
        and Skill Tokens

        They're right at the top.

        We probably need to change that in the future to include ABILITY in
        that header, but I'm afraid the term ABILITY Tokens is already used
        for STATS and such. We need to find a different solution there.
        Suggestion from anyone?

        Cheerio,

        Frank Kliewe
        PCGen Content Silverback

        --
        I've been thinking about the Domino Effect. Now, if Vietnam falls,
        does that mean China's next?
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 12, 2007
          Hi Stefan,

          On 13/07/2007 8:16 AM Stefan Radermacher wrote
          > Stupid question: do we have output sheet tokens for ABILITY object stuff?

          Yes we have a whole suite of ability output tokens. See the docs for
          ABILITY, ABILITYALL, ABILITYAUTO, ABILITYLIST, VABILITY etc.

          James Dempsey
          PCGen Code SB
        • Stefan Radermacher
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 12, 2007
            Thanks!

            Stefan.

            Frank Kliewe wrote:
            > On 7/13/07, Stefan Radermacher <radermacher@...> wrote:
            >> Stupid question: do we have output sheet tokens for ABILITY object stuff?
            >>
            >> Stefan.
            >>

            > Look in the docs under Output Sheets->Output Sheet Token Index->Feat
            > and Skill Tokens
            >
            > They're right at the top.
            >
            > We probably need to change that in the future to include ABILITY in
            > that header, but I'm afraid the term ABILITY Tokens is already used
            > for STATS and such. We need to find a different solution there.
            > Suggestion from anyone?
            >

            > Cheerio,
            >
            > Frank Kliewe
            > PCGen Content Silverback
            >
            > --
            > I've been thinking about the Domino Effect. Now, if Vietnam falls,
            > does that mean China's next?
            > (Lisa Houseman in "Dirty Dancing", 1987)

            > PCGen's Roadmap: http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/#Roadmap

          • Stefan Radermacher
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 12, 2007
              It seems nothing of those appears in base.xml yet... Hm.

              Stefan.

              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 12, 2007
                I don't quite get it. How would I get a list of all Salient Divine
                Abilities? Is it possible the space in the name breaks it?

                And is it possible to enumerate over the categories?

                Stefan.

                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 12, 2007
                  On 7/13/07, Stefan Radermacher <radermacher@...> wrote:
                  > I don't quite get it. How would I get a list of all Salient Divine
                  > Abilities? Is it possible the space in the name breaks it?
                  >
                  > And is it possible to enumerate over the categories?
                  >
                  > Stefan.

                  Sorry gotta go to bed now. Need to get up very early tomorrow, so my
                  only hint at the moment is try csheet_fantasy_std.htm as that should
                  be outputting the Salient Divine Abilities. If it doesn't we probably
                  have a bug, if it does use it as an example. :)

                  Cheerio,

                  Frank Kliewe
                  PCGen Content Silverback

                  --
                  I've been thinking about the Domino Effect. Now, if Vietnam falls,
                  does that mean China's next?
                  (Lisa Houseman in "Dirty Dancing", 1987)
                • Chuck Pint
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 12, 2007
                    Mostly because there is not much in the LST files that uses it yet.
                    When the Ability object starts really getting used, then we'll have a
                    big project updating the OS. Of course, base.xml will be key part of that.

                    Chuck
                    OS Chimp

                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher <radermacher@...> wrote:

                    > It seems nothing of those appears in base.xml yet... Hm.
                    >
                    > Stefan.
                    >
                    > Frank Kliewe wrote:
                    > > On 7/13/07, Stefan Radermacher <radermacher@...> wrote:
                    > >> Stupid question: do we have output sheet tokens for ABILITY
                    object stuff?

                    > >> Stefan.
                    > >>

                    > > Look in the docs under Output Sheets->Output Sheet Token Index->Feat
                    > > and Skill Tokens
                    > >
                    > > They're right at the top.
                    > >
                    > > We probably need to change that in the future to include ABILITY in
                    > > that header, but I'm afraid the term ABILITY Tokens is already used
                    > > for STATS and such. We need to find a different solution there.
                    > > Suggestion from anyone?
                    > >

                    > > Cheerio,
                    > >
                    > > Frank Kliewe
                    > > PCGen Content Silverback
                    > >
                    > > --
                    > > I've been thinking about the Domino Effect. Now, if Vietnam falls,
                    > > does that mean China's next?
                    > > (Lisa Houseman in "Dirty Dancing", 1987)

                    > > PCGen's Roadmap: http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/#Roadmap
                    > > PCGen's Online Docs:
                    > > PCGen's Data Help Grp:
                    > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Tir Gwaith
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 13, 2007
                      On 7/12/07, Chuck Pint <pcgen2006@...> wrote:
                      > Mostly because there is not much in the LST files that uses it yet.
                      > When the Ability object starts really getting used, then we'll have a
                      > big project updating the OS. Of course, base.xml will be key part of that.

                      James is looking at the UI support for different pools. A number of
                      the class abilities are more clunky using abilities instead of feats
                      until he completes that.

                      At that point, I start using and testing in UA, and passing ideas over
                      for the RSRD. Somewhere in there the RSRD hidden feats will convert
                      to Abilities, breaking all the OSes, and then Chuck et all has their
                      hands full. :)

                      PCGen LST Chimp
                    • Frugal
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 19, 2007
                        On Fri, July 13, 2007 12:00 am, Stefan Radermacher wrote:
                        > I don't quite get it. How would I get a list of all Salient Divine
                        > Abilities? Is it possible the space in the name breaks it?

                        There does not seem to be a COUNT[ABILITY.x] where x is a particular category

                        > And is it possible to enumerate over the categories?

                        I can not find one.

                        --
                        regards,
                        Frugal
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 19, 2007
                          Hi Frugal,

                          On 19/07/2007 8:57 PM Frugal wrote
                          > On Fri, July 13, 2007 12:00 am, Stefan Radermacher wrote:
                          >
                          >> I don't quite get it. How would I get a list of all Salient Divine
                          >> Abilities? Is it possible the space in the name breaks it?
                          >>

                          > There does not seem to be a COUNT[ABILITY.x] where x is a particular category

                          You need the count() JEP function -
                          http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/listfilepages/globalfilestagpages/globalfilesformulas.html#count
                          which will allow you to obtain the number of abilities in a particular
                          ability category or of a particular visibility.

                          >> And is it possible to enumerate over the categories?
                          >>

                          > I can not find one.

                          I don't think that is something we have provided yet.

                          James Dempsey
                          PCGen Code SB
                        • Frugal
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 19, 2007
                            On Thu, July 19, 2007 12:52 pm, James Dempsey wrote:
                            > Hi Frugal,
                            >
                            > On 19/07/2007 8:57 PM Frugal wrote
                            >> On Fri, July 13, 2007 12:00 am, Stefan Radermacher wrote:
                            >>
                            >>> I don't quite get it. How would I get a list of all Salient Divine
                            >>> Abilities? Is it possible the space in the name breaks it?
                            >>>

                            >> There does not seem to be a COUNT[ABILITY.x] where x is a particular
                            >> category
                            >>

                            > You need the count() JEP function -
                            > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/listfilepages/globalfilestagpages/globalfilesformulas.html#count
                            > which will allow you to obtain the number of abilities in a particular
                            > ability category or of a particular visibility.

                            Ah!. that is not the easiest piece of documentation to find. It might be a
                            good idea to put a link from the COUNT[] section to that or you will get a
                            lot more people asking the same question ;)

                            System:
                            Windows XP SP1
                            Java: 1.5.07
                            PCGen version: 5.12.0

                            BUG the first:

                            I have put this into base.xml:

                            <abilities>
                            |FOR,%sa,0,count("ABILITIES", "CATEGORY=Maneuver"),1,1|
                            <ability kind="Maneuver" name="|ABILITY.Maneuver.%sa|">
                            <description>|ABILITY.Maneuver.%sa.DESCRIPTION|</description>
                            <type>|ABILITY.Maneuver.%sa.TYPE|</type>
                            <source>|ABILITY.Maneuver.%sa.SOURCE|</source>
                            </ability>
                            |ENDFOR|
                            </abilities>

                            When I try to export a character to PDF I get the following error:

                            Exception in thread "Thread-18" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
                            plugin/jepcommands/CountCommand$JepCountEnum
                            at plugin.jepcommands.CountCommand.run(Unknown Source)
                            at org.nfunk.jep.EvaluatorVisitor.visit(Unknown Source)
                            at org.nfunk.jep.ASTFunNode.jjtAccept(Unknown Source)
                            at org.nfunk.jep.EvaluatorVisitor.getValue(Unknown Source)
                            at org.nfunk.jep.JEP.getValueAsObject(Unknown Source)
                            at pcgen.core.VariableProcessor.processJepFormula(Unknown Source)
                            at pcgen.core.VariableProcessor.getVariableValue(Unknown Source)
                            at pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.getVariableValue(Unknown Source)
                            at pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.getVariableValue(Unknown Source)
                            at pcgen.io.ExportHandler.getVarValue(Unknown Source)
                            at pcgen.io.ExportHandler.processLoop(Unknown Source)
                            at pcgen.io.ExportHandler.loopFOR(Unknown Source)
                            at pcgen.io.ExportHandler.write(Unknown Source)
                            at pcgen.gui.MainPrint.printToXMLFile(Unknown Source)
                            at pcgen.gui.MainPrint.export(Unknown Source)
                            at pcgen.gui.MainPrint.access$500(Unknown Source)
                            at pcgen.gui.MainPrint$ButtonListener$1.run(Unknown Source)
                            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

                            In .../plugins/jepplugins/JepCommand-COUNT.jar I have a class file called
                            plugin/jepcommands/CountCommand.class.

                            I wonder if it has something to do with the commas in the count() function
                            confusing the parser for the |FOR| command.

                            BUG the second:

                            When the first bug happend there is no error show to the user it just
                            stops generating the base.xml output and then the export button on the PDF
                            pop up window stays greyed out which means you have to restart the entire
                            program as it is now impossible to export any characters to PDFs.

                            BUG the third:

                            If I put in the following

                            <abilityCount>|count("ABILITIES", "CATEGORY=Maneuver")|</abilityCount>

                            Then the output comes out as:

                            --
                            regards,
                            Frugal
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 19, 2007
                              On Thu, July 19, 2007 5:02 pm, Frugal wrote:
                              > When I try to export a character to PDF I get the following error:
                              >
                              > Exception in thread "Thread-18" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
                              > plugin/jepcommands/CountCommand$JepCountEnum
                              > at plugin.jepcommands.CountCommand.run(Unknown Source)

                              I hate replying to my own emails...

                              The class plugin.jepcommands.CountCommand has two enums within it. The
                              main class has been put into the plugin jar file, but not the class files
                              for the enums.

                              The jar file contains:

                              meta-inf/Manifest.mf
                              plugin/jepcommands/CountCommand.class

                              I would also expect it to contain:

                              plugin/jepcommands/CountCommand$JepCountEnum.class
                              plugin/jepcommands/CountCommand$JepAbilityCountEnum.class

                              --
                              regards,
                              Frugal
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 19, 2007
                                > > You need the count() JEP function -
                                > > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-
                                docs/listfilepages/globalfilestagpages/globalfilesformulas.html#count
                                > > which will allow you to obtain the number of abilities in a
                                > > particular ability category or of a particular visibility.
                                >
                                > Ah!. that is not the easiest piece of documentation to find. It
                                > might be a good idea to put a link from the COUNT[] section to that
                                > or you will get a lot more people asking the same question ;)

                                [ 1756984 ] ABILITY on the Output Sheet - count[]
                                http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
                                func=detail&aid=1756984&group_id=25576&atid=748235

                                > BUG the first:

                                [ 1756981 ] ABILITY on the Output Sheet - pt 1
                                http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
                                func=detail&aid=1756981&group_id=25576&atid=384719

                                > BUG the second:

                                [ 1756982 ] ABILITY on the Output Sheet - pt 2
                                http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
                                func=detail&aid=1756982&group_id=25576&atid=384719

                                > BUG the third:

                                [ 1756983 ] ABILITY on the Output Sheet - pt 3
                                http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
                                func=detail&aid=1756983&group_id=25576&atid=384719

                                Paul W. King
                                PR SB, BoD
                              • James Dempsey
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jul 19, 2007
                                  Hi Frugal,

                                  I've trimmed out the ones that have already been trackered and don't
                                  need further discussion, leaving this email a bit shorter :)

                                  On 20/07/2007 2:02 AM Frugal wrote
                                  > BUG the third:
                                  >
                                  > If I put in the following
                                  >
                                  > <abilityCount>|count("ABILITIES", "CATEGORY=Maneuver")|</abilityCount>
                                  >
                                  > Then the output comes out as:
                                  >
                                  > <abilityCount>count"ABILITIES", "CATEGORY=Maneuver"</abilityCount>

                                  That's working as expected as the count() JEP function is not an export
                                  tag.

                                  Something like

                                  <abilityCount>|VAR.count("ABILITIES", "CATEGORY=Maneuver")|</abilityCount>

                                  should do the job for you. Once we have the exact syntax, the code bug can be turned into a doc request to add that to the docs.

                                  James Dempsey
                                  PCGen Code SB