Re: Points

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2007
      It's the number of points you spent to build that character (if you
      chose the build by points method) - K

      Not sure why you have a negative number though!

      > I've noticed that some of the character sheet that come from PCGen have
      > an entry for "Points". With my current character, it was -1 for a long
      > time and is now -2. What is this for?
      >
      > Thanks.

    • Christine Hutt
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2007
        I also have a negative number of points on my character sheets, on all
        characters that I currently maintain with PCgen, and probably on all
        that I created with PCGen.
        I normally create che char first with dice and pencil and paper or with
        penicl and paper (if using point buy), and then enter it into PCGen.

        Could it be that the points number goes to -1 at level 4, when the
        character gets the first time a +1 to an ability score, and to -2 at
        level 8 when you can choose the second ability that you increase 1 point?

        I think my characters originally had 0 points standing there (after
        creation, at lvl 1).

        Christine

        Martijn Verburg schrieb:
        > It's the number of points you spent to build that character (if you
        > chose the build by points method) - K
        >
        > Not sure why you have a negative number though!
        >
        >> I've noticed that some of the character sheet that come from PCGen have
        >> an entry for "Points". With my current character, it was -1 for a long
        >> time and is now -2. What is this for?
        >>
        >> Thanks.

      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 9, 2007