PCGen Output Sheets

  • BenKrauskopf
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2007
      I've been having trouble with the output sheets and I'm wondering if
      there is something I can do about it.

      Basically, the problem is related to the "Notes" entries on
      the "Description" tab. There are various entries for description,
      magic items, assets, bio and so forth. My problem is that they never
      seem to come out legibly on the character sheets.

      When using the HTML sheets, there is the problem that web browsers by
      design strip out things like extra spaces. I don't actually expect
      to be able to change this since that's just the way web browsers and
      html work. I've found that inserting HTML tags will allow me to
      format the text but at the cost of making it hard to read when
      actually editing the sheet.

      When using the PDF sheets, it also seems to strip out anything extra
      like carriage returns, extra spaces and so forth. No matter what I
      put in, I get a "wall of text" like a list post from someone who
      never bothers to use paragraphs or anything else. Paragraphs and
      spacing are not preserved at all. It's as if it's using HTML to
      format the text before it outputs it to PDF.

      Is there a way for me to modify the output sheets themselves to
      address the problem or is this just something I have to live with?

      I've experienced this with both the sheets in the stable 5.10.2
      release and the 5.xx beta releases I've downloaded over the last few
      months (I had a couple different ones sitting around so I tried them
      both).
    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2007
        See the documentation on the Output Sheet tokens for details on how
        white space is processed (docs come with PCGen, see the ? symbol in
        the RHC of the screen) - K