Re: Writing a PCC file

  • cofoghlu
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 4, 2007
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Caleb Ulfers <bleaciu@...> wrote:

      > I'm not writng a homebrew. I'm putting all of WotC's DnD books in my
      copy of PCGen for my own use.

      Hi Caleb,

      If it is only for your own use, then ignore the COPYRIGHT and License
      stuff, it won't affect how the data loads or can be used locally.

      Those tags are there so that when datasets are distributed with PCGen
      (or when they are sold by companies with the rights to sell datasets
      like Code Monkey Publishing) that the ownership of the intellectual
      property is clear.

      If you are using data that is not allowed to be distributed (like the
      WoTC stuff) then leaving it out in your own constructed datasets is no
      problem.

      So, does the pcc file pull in all the lst files that you need? Are you
      seeing the data that you need to create your characters?

      Cheers,

      Cormac
    • Caleb Ulfers
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 5, 2007
        I haven't gotten to that part yet. I don't need those tags to share the files with players (if I wanted to, do I?