Re: [pcgen] Re: Writing a PCC file

  • Caleb Ulfers
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 3, 2007
      I'm not writng a homebrew. I'm putting all of WotC's DnD books in my copy of PCGen for my own use.

      Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote: On 7/3/07, Caleb Ulfers <bleaciu@...> wrote:
      > Okay, let me clarify. I have completed everything EXCEPT the copyright/license tags at the bottom of the file.

      You don't need the COPYRIGHT or License various tags for a homebrew.

      Does everything load up fine?

      PCGen LST Chimp

      Caleb Ulfers

    • cofoghlu
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 4, 2007
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Caleb Ulfers <bleaciu@...> wrote:

        > I'm not writng a homebrew. I'm putting all of WotC's DnD books in my
        copy of PCGen for my own use.

        Hi Caleb,

        If it is only for your own use, then ignore the COPYRIGHT and License
        stuff, it won't affect how the data loads or can be used locally.

        Those tags are there so that when datasets are distributed with PCGen
        (or when they are sold by companies with the rights to sell datasets
        like Code Monkey Publishing) that the ownership of the intellectual
        property is clear.

        If you are using data that is not allowed to be distributed (like the
        WoTC stuff) then leaving it out in your own constructed datasets is no
        problem.

        So, does the pcc file pull in all the lst files that you need? Are you
        seeing the data that you need to create your characters?

        Cheers,

        Cormac
      • Caleb Ulfers
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 5, 2007
          I haven't gotten to that part yet. I don't need those tags to share the files with players (if I wanted to, do I?