Re: DataSets bug?

  • nokao83
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
      wrote:

      > > C:\Documents and Settings\Alvise>java -version
      > > java version "1.5.0_09"
      > > Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_09-b03
      > > Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_09-b03, mixed mode, sharing)
      > >
      > > Datasets are the cmp "3 core rulebooks".
      >
      > Are you running PCGen 5.10.1 or?

      The lastest stable: 5.10.2

      This is not the first time I experience this problems, but in the past
      it was my bad tweak of the datasets files...

      Actually I'm using the "working ones" without my_dataset and I get the
      same errors...

      Isn't there a way to debug the row of sources that cause the problem?
    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
        You can switch on debug through the menu in PCGen (sorry don't have it
        running where I am, so not sure which menu option it is) and view the
        debug console.

        > wrote:
        > >
        > > > C:\Documents and Settings\Alvise>java -version
        > > > java version "1.5.0_09"
        > > > Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_09-b03
        > > > Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_09-b03, mixed mode, sharing)
        > > >
        > > > Datasets are the cmp "3 core rulebooks".
        > >
        > > Are you running PCGen 5.10.1 or?

        > The lastest stable: 5.10.2
        >

        > This is not the first time I experience this problems, but in the past
        > it was my bad tweak of the datasets files...
        >
        > Actually I'm using the "working ones" without my_dataset and I get the
        > same errors...
        >
        > Isn't there a way to debug the row of sources that cause the problem?

      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 3, 2007
          From the stack trace:

          java.lang.NullPointerException
          at
          pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats$FeatModel.buildTreeSourceName(InfoFeats.java
          :2205)
          at
          pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats$FeatModel.resetModel(InfoFeats.java:2329)

          One of those reasons I always suggest putting SOURCE info on an object
          with VISIBLE YES or GUI. Sorter can have issues. Other case is a
          badly-formed (ie. tag with nothing after the colon) SOURCE tag. Those
          two things tend to cause errors that start like that, usually when
          switching to sort feats by Name, or in this case Source and then Name
          - "Source/Name"

          PCGen LST Chimp
        • nokao83
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 9, 2007

            > From the stack trace:
            >
            > java.lang.NullPointerException
            > at
            > pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats$FeatModel.buildTreeSourceName(InfoFeats.java
            > :2205)
            > at
            > pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats$FeatModel.resetModel(InfoFeats.java:2329)
            >

            > One of those reasons I always suggest putting SOURCE info on an object
            > with VISIBLE YES or GUI. Sorter can have issues. Other case is a
            > badly-formed (ie. tag with nothing after the colon) SOURCE tag. Those
            > two things tend to cause errors that start like that, usually when
            > switching to sort feats by Name, or in this case Source and then Name
            > - "Source/Name"
            >
            > --
            > Tir Gwaith
            > PCGen LST Chimp

            It happened again... does that helps you?:

            getJepVariable: DodgeGiants
            variable for: 'DodgeGiants' = 4.0
            Result 'DodgeGiants' = 4.0
            getJepVariable: StoneMetalAppraiseBonus
            variable for: 'StoneMetalAppraiseBonus' = 2.0
            Result 'StoneMetalAppraiseBonus' = 2.0
            getJepVariable: OrcGoblinAtkBonus
            variable for: 'OrcGoblinAtkBonus' = 1.0
            Result 'OrcGoblinAtkBonus' = 1.0
            getJepVariable: PoisonSaveBonus
            variable for: 'PoisonSaveBonus' = 2.0
            Result 'PoisonSaveBonus' = 2.0
            getJepVariable: SpellSaveBonus
            variable for: 'SpellSaveBonus' = 2.0
            Result 'SpellSaveBonus' = 2.0
            getJepVariable: StabilityBonus
            variable for: 'StabilityBonus' = 4.0
            Result 'StabilityBonus' = 4.0
            getJepVariable: Stonecunning
            variable for: 'Stonecunning' = 2.0
            Result 'Stonecunning' = 2.0
            gmgen.pluginmgr.messages.PCLoadedMessage[source=pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1[frame0,-4
            ,-4,1288x1032,invalid,layout=java.awt.BorderLayout,title=PCGen v.
            5.10.2 - CMP_D
            20_Fantasy_v35e
            Campaign,resizable,maximized,defaultCloseOperation=DO_NOTHING_ON
            _CLOSE,rootPane=javax.swing.JRootPane[,4,23,1280x1005,invalid,layout=javax.swing
            .JRootPane$RootLayout,alignmentX=0.0,alignmentY=0.0,border=,flags=16777673,maxim
            umSize=,minimumSize=,preferredSize=],rootPaneCheckingEnabled=true]]
            gmgen.pluginmgr.messages.ResumeRefreshMessage[source=pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1[fram
            e0,-4,-4,1288x1032,invalid,layout=java.awt.BorderLayout,title=PCGen v.
            5.10.2 -
            CMP_D20_Fantasy_v35e
            Campaign,resizable,maximized,defaultCloseOperation=DO_NOTHI
            NG_ON_CLOSE,rootPane=javax.swing.JRootPane[,4,23,1280x1005,invalid,layout=javax.
            swing.JRootPane$RootLayout,alignmentX=0.0,alignmentY=0.0,border=,flags=16777673,
            maximumSize=,minimumSize=,preferredSize=],rootPaneCheckingEnabled=true]]
            getJepVariable: AnimalCompanionLvl
            getJepVariable: ApeLord
            getJepVariable: BearLord
            getJepVariable: BirdLord
            getJepVariable: CatLord
            getJepVariable: HorseLord
            getJepVariable: SharkLord
            getJepVariable: SnakeLord
            getJepVariable: WolfLord
            getJepVariable: (1*1-1)*500
            Result '(1*1-1)*500' = 0.0
            getJepVariable: (10*10-10)*500
            Result '(10*10-10)*500' = 45000.0
            getJepVariable: LOADSCORE
            getJepVariable: STRSCORE
            internal variable for: 'STRSCORE' = 20.0
            Result 'STRSCORE' = 20.0
            variable for: 'LOADSCORE' = 20.0
            Result 'LOADSCORE' = 20.0
            getJepVariable: 9+3
            Result '9+3' = 12.0
            getJepVariable: (9+3)/2
            Result '(9+3)/2' = 6.0
            java.lang.NullPointerException
            at
            pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.updateAvailableModel(InfoFeats.java:1370)
            at
            pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.updateCharacterInfo(InfoFeats.java:1407)
            at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.forceRefresh(InfoFeats.java:292)
            at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoFeats.setPc(InfoFeats.java:219)
            at
            pcgen.gui.CharacterInfo$PcSetter.finished(CharacterInfo.java:478)
            at pcgen.util.SwingWorker$1.run(SwingWorker.java:107)
            at
            pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(PCGen_Frame
            1.java:3153)
            at
            java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
            Source)
            java.awt.event.InvocationEvent[INVOCATION_DEFAULT,runnable=pcgen.util.SwingWorke
            r$1@f40b08,notifier=null,catchExceptions=false,when=1184044694125] on
            sun.awt.wi
            ndows.WToolkit@10812ac
          • nokao83
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 9, 2007
              Look: it was too long to post all of it, so I uploaded it into my
              website in a txt file:
              http://www.nokao.it/files/errors.txt

              That should help you to backtrace the odd problem?

              The error occurred after a character load, I didn't do anything else.

              I uploaded the character too in that link, maybe the error is caused
              by a wrong-character-save... (I had strange problems in the past with
              character save with multiple tabs opened):
              http://www.nokao.it/files/Merlot.pcg
            • Tir Gwaith
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 10, 2007
                Try loading everything BUT MyCampaign, and see if you can look at the
                Feat tab. Since the rest are CMP datasets, I have more faith that
                those sources aren't the issue. If taking off MyCampaign fixes it,
                then look for the feats file, and add source info to the file and
                items. If it doesn't, the CMP needs the info, and which update
                version of the files you are using.

                Sources loaded with character:
                CAMPAIGN:MyCampaign|CAMPAIGN:wotc - Complete Adventurer
                v3.5e|CAMPAIGN:wotc - Complete Arcane v3.5e|CAMPAIGN:wotc - Complete
                Divine v3.5e|CAMPAIGN:wotc - Complete Warrior v3.5e|CAMPAIGN:wotc -
                Draconomicon v3.5e|CAMPAIGN:wotc - Dungeon Master's Guide 2
                v3.5e|CAMPAIGN:wotc - Dungeon Master's Guide v3.5e|CAMPAIGN:wotc -
                Monster Manual v3.5e|CAMPAIGN:wotc - Player's Handbook
                v3.5e|CAMPAIGN:wotc - Spell Compendium|CAMPAIGN:wotc - Unearthed
                Arcana v3.5e

                PCGen LST Chimp
              • Tom Parker
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 10, 2007
                  Are you running on a multi-core system?

                  This looks similar to bugs that were fixed late in the 5.11 cycle that
                  were related to thread safety on our UI.

                  TP.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 10, 2007
                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Parker" <thpr@...> wrote:

                    > Are you running on a multi-core system?
                    >
                    > This looks similar to bugs that were fixed late in the 5.11 cycle that
                    > were related to thread safety on our UI.

                    No... I'm using a single core amd 64 bit cpu.

                    However, the problems is the same removing the my_campaign dataset !
                  • Terry FitzSimons
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 17, 2007
                      I think that the problem is in the
                      > Datasets are the cmp "3 core rulebooks".
                      part. Have you set the gamemode to whatever one is required to run it? And
                      are you running it in whatever version it was produced for? You might let
                      the CMP folks know that you are having problems as well, they might know
                      the answer already.

                      Terry

                      On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:56:48 -0000, "nokao83" <alvise.nicoletti@...>
                      wrote:

                      >--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Parker" <thpr@...> wrote:
                      >>
                      >> Are you running on a multi-core system?
                      >>
                      >> This looks similar to bugs that were fixed late in the 5.11 cycle that
                      >> were related to thread safety on our UI.
                      >
                      >No... I'm using a single core amd 64 bit cpu.
                      >
                      >However, the problems is the same removing the my_campaign dataset !
                      --

                      Terry FitzSimons
                      FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

                      Data Lemur, Docs Gibbon