Re: [pcgen] Hello and questions

  • Eddy
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2007
      >Thanks for the response Eddy,

      You're welcome :)

      >I admit that I only glanced through the online docs, after reviewing
      >them further I realized that multiple character (monsters) had appeared
      >in PCGen but just had not noticed them at first. (Doh! :)
      >
      >I think the answer to my problem may be to create new kits to represent
      >the different types of orcs that could appear in the encounter. So I
      >guess I need to delve into creating and/or modifying .LST files :).

      That would probably be the fastest way to do what you are looking to do. I would start with finding the Default Orc kit, copying it, pasting it into your own file and modifying it from there. You could use the "MyDataset" directory and change it's name as a starting point.

      >I sure hope that development on the encounter and initiative portions of
      >GMGen continue, these are features that I (and I am sure others) look
      >for and there are lot of (pay-for) tools out there that do this.
      >
      >Thanks again, I am sure I will have more questions as I proceed.
      >Kevin F.

      That's my hope as well. We have aother yahoo group specifically dedicated to LST file editing you can join:

      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen BoD, Data Second, Doc Chimp