Question about Kits and LST files

  • kevin_fernandes01453
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2007
      Hi all (again :)

      I have been working on some specialized kits to define different Orc
      types. Following the documentation the existing LST files I think its
      coming along quite nicely, the LST syntax is quite powerful.

      Here is an example of what I have done so far, please comment or
      suggest changes if I am doing something that is wrong or could be done
      differently.

      STARTPACK:Orc Seargent VISIBLE:QUALIFY EQUIPBUY:0
      PREMULT:1,[!PRERACE:%],[PRERACE:Orc]
      RACE:Orc !PRERACE:%
      NAME:Orc
      STAT:STR=13|DEX=11|CON=12|INT=10|WIS=9|CHA=8
      ALIGN:CE
      CLASS:Barbarian LEVEL:3
      SKILL:Listen RANK:6
      SKILL:Survival RANK:6
      SKILL:Intimidate RANK:4
      SKILL:Climb RANK:1
      SKILL:Jump RANK:1
      FEAT:Power Attack
      FEAT:Weapon Focus (Greateaxe)
      FEAT:Dodge
      GEAR:Breastplate EQMOD:MWORKA SIZE:PC LOCATION:Equipped
      GEAR:Greataxe EQMOD:MWORKW SIZE:PC LOCATION:Primary Hand
      GEAR:Arrows (20) SIZE:PC LOCATION:Carried
      GEAR:Dagger SIZE:PC LOCATION:Carried
      GEAR:Longbow (Composite) SIZE:PC LOCATION:Carried
      FUNDS:pp QTY:roll("1d6")
      KIT:MyOrcGemKit

      Following examples for treaure, I want to give this particular Orc kit
      a random number of gems (from 1-4), the "MyOrcGemKit" does this and is
      below.

      STARTPACK:MyOrcGemKit VISIBLE:NO EQUIPBUY:0 APPLY:INSTANT
      SELECT:roll("1d4")
      KIT:Treasure Table Gems OPTION:1
      KIT:Treasure Table Gems OPTION:2
      KIT:Treasure Table Gems OPTION:2
      KIT:Treasure Table Gems OPTION:3
      KIT:Treasure Table Gems OPTION:3
      KIT:Treasure Table Gems OPTION:3
      KIT:Treasure Table Gems OPTION:4
      KIT:Treasure Table Gems OPTION:4
      KIT:Treasure Table Gems OPTION:4
      KIT:Treasure Table Gems OPTION:4

      My question is, this works but is there a better way to do this? I
      looked through the docs and lots of the existing LST files, but was
      unable to find anything like what I wanted to do with this. Basically
      I want to generate 1d4 random gems of random value (I am going to
      refine the value part later).

      Any suggestions would be appreciated and thanks again.
      Kevin F.
    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2007
        To my LST Lemur eyes that looks pretty good!! It may pay to post this
        example to the PCGenLstFileHelp Y! group, more regular experts over
        there :)

      • Kevin Fernandes
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2007
          Thanks, Ill do that. Until you mentioned it I didn't know the list
          existed, so thanks for that too.

          The fact that this is my first try ad modding a LST file and you think
          it looks pretty good is real testament to all the great work done by
          everyone working on this project.

          Thanks again.
          Kevin F.