Re: [pcgen] Replacing one feat effects with another feat

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 28, 2007
      If the BONUS has a TYPE appended at the end and both Bonuses use the
      same TYPE, then the higher number will be used.

      Example:
      BONUS:SKILL|%LIST|2|TYPE=Foo

      BONUS:SKILL|Bar|2|TYPE=Foo

      If the Prereq. is always the same skill, and the bonus is +2 then in
      your feat don't include the skill for the bonus, on the other hand if
      the bonus is +1, and the new bonus is +2 then you can just make the
      bonus 1 more.

      [Ok, a little rambling, but hopefully it makes sense to you. Ah, 1am]

      -Andrew

      arawn_darkone wrote:
      > I have a feat that provides +2 skill points bonus for 2 skills from a
      > selected skill list. Now I have a new feat that has the 1st feat as
      > prerequisite, but this till the +2 skill points bonus applies to all
      > the skills of the selected list. The skill bonus is not stackible.
      >
      > How does one impliment this?
      >
      > Thanx

    • arawn_darkone
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 28, 2007
        Thanx for you help,
        though I not to sure I explained myself correct, let me try with an
        example

        Prequisite Feat (only 2 skill choices of the list of 4 skills has the
        +2 bonus)
        TYPE:General
        STACK:NO
        MULT:YES
        CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=2|SKILLSNAMED|Skill A|Skill B|Skill C|Skill D|2
        BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2

        New Feat (now all 4 skills have the +2 bonus)
        (effectively remaining feats also gets the bonus)
        PREFEAT:1,Prequisite Feat
        TYPE:General
        STACK:NO
        ??????
        ??? BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2

        Is there way to determine previous choices of another feat, thus
        eliminate them from the list?

        PS: I still new to creating datasets for PCGen.

        :)

        > If the BONUS has a TYPE appended at the end and both Bonuses use the
        > same TYPE, then the higher number will be used.
        >
        > Example:
        > BONUS:SKILL|%LIST|2|TYPE=Foo
        >
        > BONUS:SKILL|Bar|2|TYPE=Foo
        >
        > If the Prereq. is always the same skill, and the bonus is +2 then in
        > your feat don't include the skill for the bonus, on the other hand if
        > the bonus is +1, and the new bonus is +2 then you can just make the
        > bonus 1 more.
        >
        > [Ok, a little rambling, but hopefully it makes sense to you. Ah, 1am]
        >
        > -Andrew
        >
        > arawn_darkone wrote:
        > > I have a feat that provides +2 skill points bonus for 2 skills from a
        > > selected skill list. Now I have a new feat that has the 1st feat as
        > > prerequisite, but this till the +2 skill points bonus applies to all
        > > the skills of the selected list. The skill bonus is not stackible.
        > >
        > > How does one impliment this?
        > >
        > > Thanx

        > > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#Welcome
        > > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#Roadmap
        > > PCGen's Online Docs:
        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 28, 2007
          > Is there way to determine previous choices of another feat, thus
          > eliminate them from the list?

          Possible, but _very_ messy. Better idea: Ignore it. :P (This is
          what Andrew was suggesting.)

          First feat, change:
          BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2
          BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2|TYPE=MyNoStack

          Second feat,
          BONUS:SKILL|Skill A,Skill B,Skill C,Skill D|2|TYPE=MyNoStack

          The bonuses won't stack (only the highest value will prevail). So
          when a user has the second feat, all 4 skills will have the +2 bonus,
          and the first chosen skill won't be any different. ;)

          PCGen LST Chimp
        • arawn_darkone
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 28, 2007
            Thanx, now I understand :)