Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token

  • Phantom of Krankor
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 27, 2007
      And another 5.12rc3 item. I have several base classes that get
      Monk-like unarmed strikes. However, I get this message several times:

      Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token
      Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token
      Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token
      Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token
      Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token
      Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token

      (BTW, this is in the Alpha of Paradigm Concept's Player's Guide to
      Arcanis. One of the classes in questions is the "Bearer of Woe")

      -Greg G

      --
      ConCarolinas 2007 June 1-3, 2007 http://www.concarolinas.org

      http://farechase.yahoo.com/
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 27, 2007
        Hi Greg,

        On 28/06/2007 1:58 AM Phantom of Krankor wrote
        > And another 5.12rc3 item. I have several base classes that get
        > Monk-like unarmed strikes. However, I get this message several times:
        >
        > Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token
        > Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token
        > Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token
        > Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token
        > Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token
        > Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token
        >
        > (BTW, this is in the Alpha of Paradigm Concept's Player's Guide to
        > Arcanis. One of the classes in questions is the "Bearer of Woe")

        This is either an issue that no definition for the class is being
        found/loaded, or that there is a code bug.

        Which sources do yo have loaded? Could you provide a full list please?

        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code SB
      • Byngl
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 27, 2007
          This is (or used to be) an information only message. At the time the
          BONUS:UDAM token is loaded, the specified class (in this case, Monk)
          has not been loaded yet. The first time this BONUS:UDAM is accessed
          for a character the reference to the class named 'Monk' is replaced
          with a reference to the Monk class object.

          Byngl

          > Hi Greg,
          >
          > On 28/06/2007 1:58 AM Phantom of Krankor wrote
          > > And another 5.12rc3 item. I have several base classes that get
          > > Monk-like unarmed strikes. However, I get this message several
          times:

          > > Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token
          > > Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token
          > > Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token
          > > Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token
          > > Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token
          > > Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token
          > >
          > > (BTW, this is in the Alpha of Paradigm Concept's Player's Guide to
          > > Arcanis. One of the classes in questions is the "Bearer of Woe")
          > >

          > This is either an issue that no definition for the class is being
          > found/loaded, or that there is a code bug.
          >
          > Which sources do yo have loaded? Could you provide a full list
          please?

          > --
          > Cheers,
          > James Dempsey
          > PCGen Code SB

        • Phantom Of Krankor
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 28, 2007
            But that's just it. This *isn't* the Monk class. It's another class
            that uses UDAM. It's hard to tell what's really generating the error,
            since it doesn't say. I also get this error when loading sources. I
            don't have any characters open.

            The only source I'm loading is the "PCI - Player's Guide to Arcanis"
            alpha set.

            -Greg G

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Byngl" <byngl@...> wrote:

            > This is (or used to be) an information only message. At the time the
            > BONUS:UDAM token is loaded, the specified class (in this case, Monk)
            > has not been loaded yet. The first time this BONUS:UDAM is accessed
            > for a character the reference to the class named 'Monk' is replaced
            > with a reference to the Monk class object.
            >
            > Byngl
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Greg,
            > >
            > > On 28/06/2007 1:58 AM Phantom of Krankor wrote
            > > > And another 5.12rc3 item. I have several base classes that get
            > > > Monk-like unarmed strikes. However, I get this message several
            > times:
            > > >
            > > > Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token
            > > > Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token
            > > > Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token
            > > > Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token
            > > > Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token
            > > > Could not find class 'MONK' for UDAM token
            > > >
            > > > (BTW, this is in the Alpha of Paradigm Concept's Player's Guide to
            > > > Arcanis. One of the classes in questions is the "Bearer of Woe")
            > > >

            > > This is either an issue that no definition for the class is being
            > > found/loaded, or that there is a code bug.
            > >
            > > Which sources do yo have loaded? Could you provide a full list
            > please?
            > >
            > > --
            > > Cheers,
            > > James Dempsey
            > > PCGen Code SB

          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 28, 2007
              > But that's just it. This *isn't* the Monk class. It's another class
              > that uses UDAM. It's hard to tell what's really generating the error,
              > since it doesn't say. I also get this error when loading sources. I
              > don't have any characters open.
              >
              > The only source I'm loading is the "PCI - Player's Guide to Arcanis"
              > alpha set.

              I'm actually seeing the BONUS:UDAM tag inside the CLASS:Monk entry
              (pgta_classes_phb.lst, line 126). Since the object is still being
              defined, I think the report will always fail on first pass. It is on
              the first line of the CLASS definition, so the class is getting
              defined at the same time it encounters the tag.

              I'm wondering if the CLASS line is the proper place for these
              BONUS:UDAM tags. The series of tags appear to be defining some
              classes that stack with the Monk class for Unarmed damage. I think
              those should be moved into the given classes. It might remove the
              info report being given.

              PCGen LST Chimp
            • Phantom Of Krankor
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 29, 2007

                > > But that's just it. This *isn't* the Monk class. It's another class
                > > that uses UDAM. It's hard to tell what's really generating the error,
                > > since it doesn't say. I also get this error when loading sources. I
                > > don't have any characters open.
                > >
                > > The only source I'm loading is the "PCI - Player's Guide to Arcanis"
                > > alpha set.
                >
                > I'm actually seeing the BONUS:UDAM tag inside the CLASS:Monk entry
                > (pgta_classes_phb.lst, line 126). Since the object is still being
                > defined, I think the report will always fail on first pass. It is on
                > the first line of the CLASS definition, so the class is getting
                > defined at the same time it encounters the tag.
                >
                > I'm wondering if the CLASS line is the proper place for these
                > BONUS:UDAM tags. The series of tags appear to be defining some
                > classes that stack with the Monk class for Unarmed damage. I think
                > those should be moved into the given classes. It might remove the
                > info report being given.

                Ah. I see what you mean now. I've moved the BONUS:UDAM entries to
                a second CLASS:Monk line, and that caused the error to go away.
                I should probably see about checking that into CVS (are we still
                using that? It's been a long long time since I checked anything in).

                -Greg G
              • Martijn Verburg
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 29, 2007
                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Phantom Of Krankor" <torcha.geo@...> wrote:

                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <Tir.Gwaith@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > But that's just it. This *isn't* the Monk class. It's another
                  class
                  > > > that uses UDAM. It's hard to tell what's really generating the
                  error,
                  > > > since it doesn't say. I also get this error when loading
                  sources. I
                  > > > don't have any characters open.
                  > > >
                  > > > The only source I'm loading is the "PCI - Player's Guide to Arcanis"
                  > > > alpha set.
                  > >
                  > > I'm actually seeing the BONUS:UDAM tag inside the CLASS:Monk entry
                  > > (pgta_classes_phb.lst, line 126). Since the object is still being
                  > > defined, I think the report will always fail on first pass. It is on
                  > > the first line of the CLASS definition, so the class is getting
                  > > defined at the same time it encounters the tag.
                  > >
                  > > I'm wondering if the CLASS line is the proper place for these
                  > > BONUS:UDAM tags. The series of tags appear to be defining some
                  > > classes that stack with the Monk class for Unarmed damage. I think
                  > > those should be moved into the given classes. It might remove the
                  > > info report being given.
                  >
                  > Ah. I see what you mean now. I've moved the BONUS:UDAM entries to
                  > a second CLASS:Monk line, and that caused the error to go away.
                  > I should probably see about checking that into CVS (are we still
                  > using that? It's been a long long time since I checked anything in).
                  >
                  > -Greg G

                  We're using SVN now, the wiki has the details, just follow the links
                  from the content team - K
                • Tir Gwaith
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 29, 2007
                    > Ah. I see what you mean now. I've moved the BONUS:UDAM entries to
                    > a second CLASS:Monk line, and that caused the error to go away.
                    > I should probably see about checking that into CVS (are we still
                    > using that? It's been a long long time since I checked anything in).

                    I'm going to move the BONUSes, some which have mis-spelled references,
                    into the PrCs they benefit. It also means a simple
                    BONUS:UDAM|CLASS.Monk|CL instead of the larger var() call.

                    That will simplify the maintenance, and fix the bugs at the same time. :)

                    PCGen LST Chimp
                  • Tir Gwaith
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 29, 2007
                      r3251 (Trunk), r3252 (Branch 5.12) in SVN. Loads cleaner.

                      PHB classes for Arcanis don't take the new improvements in RSRD into
                      account, so that should be incorporated (or converted to .MODs as much
                      as possible to ease maintainability).

                      When the next release (or autobuild) comes out, let me know how it
                      looks to you, Greg.

                      PCGen LST Chimp