Java Error...

  • Allen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 23, 2007
      This was probably mentioned before, so I apologize if it seems I am
      repeating an old question.

      I am runing Version 5.10.2 and the latest JAVA update. I am a fanatic
      about keeping things updated.

      Anyway, I am getting java.lang.nullpointerexception upon load of the
      software. Is there a fix I might need to be made aware of? or a few
      steps I need to know to fix this issue.

      As a precaution, I re-installed the newest version of JAVA to see if
      the error would be remedied and did not work. Even re-installing PCGen
      5.10.2 as a different directory.
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 23, 2007
        Hi Allen,

        On 24/06/2007 9:02 AM Allen wrote
        > This was probably mentioned before, so I apologize if it seems I am
        > repeating an old question.
        >
        > I am runing Version 5.10.2 and the latest JAVA update. I am a fanatic
        > about keeping things updated.
        >
        > Anyway, I am getting java.lang.nullpointerexception upon load of the
        > software. Is there a fix I might need to be made aware of? or a few
        > steps I need to know to fix this issue.
        >
        > As a precaution, I re-installed the newest version of JAVA to see if
        > the error would be remedied and did not work. Even re-installing PCGen
        > 5.10.2 as a different directory.

        This is something we fixed late in the 5.12 cycle. If you grab 5.12.0
        when it comes out in the next week or so you should no longer see this
        issue. In fact, 5.12.0 RC3 includes the fix so you could try that out if
        you wanted to check ahead of time.

        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code SB