Re: [pcgen] Flaws

  • Frank Kliewe
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 22, 2007
      On 6/21/07, Yair <peterpanimmortal@...> wrote:

      > Is there a dataset or something to include character flaws
      > [http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterFlaws.htm%5d?
      > How do I get to add flaws to a character?
      >
      > I haven't used PCGen in a long time, so forgive me if this is a newbie
      > question.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > YR

      Hi YR,

      flaws are a part of the open content in WotC's Unearthed Arcana. Some
      of the special rules cannot be coded yet in PCGen, but we had planned
      to release a partial UA dataset with the 5.12.0 release.

      Sadly some key Data team members have been struck by "real life"
      issues (work, health probs) and thus that set didn't make it in time.
      I expect to see an UA dataset in the future, which should then also
      include Flaws.

      For the time being you can either create your own lst-file, at which
      we will happily support you in doing so by answering the questions you
      ask on the PCGenListFileHelp Group.

      If you shy away from that, I'm afraid I can only suggest to work
      around the matter by entering the text of the flaw as a note on the
      Description tab and then manually raising the number in the "Feats
      remaining" field on the Feats tab by 1, so you will be allowed to take
      another feat. But in that case you will of course have to compute the
      penalties of the flaw each time it applies, as PCGen will not have
      calculated that in already.

      Cheerio,

      Frank Kliewe
      PCGen Content Silverback

      --
      I've been thinking about the Domino Effect. Now, if Vietnam falls,
      does that mean China's next?