Re: [pcgen] How to add caster levels in 2 arcane classes?

  • Frugal
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 20, 2007
      On Wed, June 20, 2007 1:03 am, wayde_minami wrote:
      > I'm trying to code a custom class in my dataset for a character class
      > that adds caster levels to two arcane classes per level, one
      > spontaneous (such as a sorcerer), one memorized (such as a wizard).
      >
      > To do this, I've used this code:
      >
      > ADD:SPELLCASTER(Arcane)2

      I have also tried to do this. There is a limitation in PCGen that you can
      not select a spontaneous arcane class, or a memorized arcane class.

      In order to get two choices at each level you are better off doing
      something like this for each class level line:

      1<tab>ADD:SPELLCASTER(Arcane)1<tab>ADD:SPELLCASTER(Arcane)1

      It will bring up a chooser with all of the arcane classes in it, and it
      will let you select only 1. Then it will bring up a second chooser with
      exactly the same list in it and allow you to choose another class.

      You have to trust that the player will choose a different class each time
      the choose is popped up (but there has to be a certain amount of trust in
      this game or it all falls apart).

      It is not a perfect solution, but it does work and it is the best we can
      do with the current limitations of PCGen.

      --
      regards,
      Frugal