Re: [pcgen] Re: [Tom][Code][Data]Custom campaign feats, modifying existing D20 feats

  • Frank Kliewe
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 18, 2007
      On 6/18/07, arawn_darkone <arawn_darkone@...> wrote:

      > > Flagging for either an code or data monkey who knows about this.
      > >
      > > I'm not sure if .MOD or .CLEAR can remove choices from a feat. My
      > > suggestion: Exclude that chooser feat, and make your own. If exclusion
      > > is not desirable, have a "special" feat that does what you want.
      > >
      > > Example:
      > >
      > > I have FEAT FOO, which has a nasty chooser I don't want. I make FEAT
      > > FOO_2 with an OUTPUTNAME of FEAT FOO, then if I don't want my players
      > > accidentally choosing the wrong FEAT FOO, I .MOD FEAT FOO to VISIBLE:NO.
      > >
      > > You can do it however you like, the nice thing is there are work arounds
      > > to most things.
      > >
      > > Hope that helps,
      > >
      > > Andrew
      > >

      > > arawn_darkone wrote:
      > > > I know I need to use .MOD and .CLEAR to make changes to an existing
      > > > feat. I managed to change some properties with no hassle, but having
      > > > difficulty with some.
      > > >
      > > > How does one remove multiple choices (partially or completely) from
      > > > feats, classes, skills, etc as the campaign setting has no need for
      > > > choices.
      > > >
      > > > Thanx
      > > >

      > Thanx
      >
      > That work around works well for a feat without dependants.
      >
      > When there are dependants, you also have to redo the all dependants,
      > which can become rather large. Thus if one can remove MULTI and CHOOSE
      > in a .MOD it would be of great help in customising for a new campaign.
      >
      > :)

      I don't think a CHOOSE can be cleared, but it could be that the
      follwing idea will work, I just don't have the time at the moment to
      test it myself, so take this with a grain of salt:

      Based on the idea that one feat can only have one CHOOSE, try
      Featname.MOD<TAB>CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|NOCHOICE

      I hope that the CHOOSE in the MODed feat will override the one in the
      original feat, but as I said, I'm not sure whether it will work or
      maybe just create an error message.

      Cheerio,

      Frank Kliewe
      PCGen Content Silverback

      --
      I've been thinking about the Domino Effect. Now, if Vietnam falls,
      does that mean China's next?