[BUG] rsrd_equip_weap_melee.lst

  • gueritol
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 18, 2007
      The price and cost of Armor Spikes looks incorrect.

      It is listed in the documentation as +10 lbs added to armor, and +50gp,
      but both are listed at 0 in the LST.

      Regards,
      Hiram
    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 23, 2007
        > The price and cost of Armor Spikes looks incorrect.
        >
        > It is listed in the documentation as +10 lbs added to armor, and
        > +50gp, but both are listed at 0 in the LST.

        Hmm, you're right it's not listed in the rsrd_equip_weap_melee.lst but
        it is listed in the rsrd_equipmods_base.lst

        Does anyone know if the weight and cost should also be in the
        rsrd_equip_weap_melee.lst file?

      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 23, 2007
          On 6/23/07, Martijn Verburg <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
          > > The price and cost of Armor Spikes looks incorrect.
          > >
          > > It is listed in the documentation as +10 lbs added to armor, and
          > > +50gp, but both are listed at 0 in the LST.
          >
          > Hmm, you're right it's not listed in the rsrd_equip_weap_melee.lst but
          > it is listed in the rsrd_equipmods_base.lst
          >
          > Does anyone know if the weight and cost should also be in the
          > rsrd_equip_weap_melee.lst file?

          No, or the character will pay for the weight and cost twice. Players
          complain when we do that. :P

          PCGen LST Chimp
        • Martijn Verburg
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 23, 2007
            > On 6/23/07, Martijn Verburg <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
            > > > The price and cost of Armor Spikes looks incorrect.
            > > >
            > > > It is listed in the documentation as +10 lbs added to armor, and
            > > > +50gp, but both are listed at 0 in the LST.
            > >
            > > Hmm, you're right it's not listed in the rsrd_equip_weap_melee.lst but
            > > it is listed in the rsrd_equipmods_base.lst
            > >
            > > Does anyone know if the weight and cost should also be in the
            > > rsrd_equip_weap_melee.lst file?
            >
            > No, or the character will pay for the weight and cost twice.
            > Players complain when we do that. :P

            Heh, good thing I checked first :), thanks Tir, life saver as always :)

          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 23, 2007
              Martijn Verburg scribed:

              >> The price and cost of Armor Spikes looks incorrect.
              >>
              >> It is listed in the documentation as +10 lbs added to armor, and
              >> +50gp, but both are listed at 0 in the LST.
              >
              > Hmm, you're right it's not listed in the rsrd_equip_weap_melee.lst but
              > it is listed in the rsrd_equipmods_base.lst
              >
              > Does anyone know if the weight and cost should also be in the
              > rsrd_equip_weap_melee.lst file?

              It should be in one or the other, not both. This is because the EQMOD has an
              AUTO:EQUIP which adds the equipment item automatically. I can see an
              argument for shifting this to he equipment item since one can add that item
              from the gear tab bypassing the EQMOD altogether. The weight should be
              removed from the EQMOD but the cost left in, then the weight and cost should
              be added to the equipment item.
              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            • Martijn Verburg
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 25, 2007
                Trackered as a data freq, this affects more than just armor spikes - K

                > Martijn Verburg scribed:
                >
                > >> The price and cost of Armor Spikes looks incorrect.
                > >>
                > >> It is listed in the documentation as +10 lbs added to armor, and
                > >> +50gp, but both are listed at 0 in the LST.
                > >
                > > Hmm, you're right it's not listed in the rsrd_equip_weap_melee.lst but
                > > it is listed in the rsrd_equipmods_base.lst
                > >
                > > Does anyone know if the weight and cost should also be in the
                > > rsrd_equip_weap_melee.lst file?
                >
                > It should be in one or the other, not both. This is because the
                EQMOD has an
                > AUTO:EQUIP which adds the equipment item automatically. I can see an
                > argument for shifting this to he equipment item since one can add
                that item
                > from the gear tab bypassing the EQMOD altogether. The weight should be
                > removed from the EQMOD but the cost left in, then the weight and
                cost should
                > be added to the equipment item.
                > --
                > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                > ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp

              • Hiram Landeros
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 26, 2007
                  My open question on this ... (maybe it's simple) ...
                  why then is also listed in rsrd_equipmods_base if it
                  is a rsrd_equipmods_base?

                  Regards,
                  Hiram
                  --- Martijn Verburg <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

                  > incorrect.

                  > added to armor, and
                  > > >
                  > > > Hmm, you're right it's not listed in the
                  > rsrd_equip_weap_melee.lst but
                  > > > it is listed in the rsrd_equipmods_base.lst
                  > > >
                  > > > Does anyone know if the weight and cost should
                  > also be in the
                  > > > rsrd_equip_weap_melee.lst file?
                  > >
                  > > No, or the character will pay for the weight and
                  > cost twice.
                  > > Players complain when we do that. :P
                  >
                  > Heh, good thing I checked first :), thanks Tir, life
                  > saver as always :)

                  http://sims.yahoo.com/
                • Terry FitzSimons
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 5, 2007
                    Has this been corrected yet?

                    Terry

                    --

                    Terry FitzSimons
                    FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

                    Data Lemur, Docs Gibbon
                  • Tir Gwaith
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 6, 2007
                      On 7/5/07, Terry FitzSimons <fitzsimons@...> wrote:
                      > Has this been corrected yet?

                      The tracker is classified as for 5.14, so no. It hasn't even been on
                      my radar (I'm tackling the trackers slated for 5.12).

                      PCGen LST Chimp
                    • Martijn Verburg
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 6, 2007
                        It's also a little more complicated than a simple update, hence moved
                        to 5.14 - K