Re: Wayward Error Message [RC2]

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 11, 2007
      > >Sounds to me like you've jumped from a version of PCGen where the
      > >SOURCE tags were done differently.
      >
      > Yes, I'm trying to test the new almost-production version with files
      > that I was using in the old production version. The point of my
      > post was that the error message was only partially helpful in
      > tracking down the problem.
      >
      > I don't currently have them on a single line with any kind of
      > delimiter, they are all on different lines (a requirement in
      > migrating from 5.8.1 to 5.10.2 IIRC). This format works everywhere
      > except for the template file.
      >
      > I don't mind updating my .lst files to the latest PCGen version, but
      > clear messages about problems in the files are very helpful.

      We slipped up a little on that one, our apologies (generally speaking
      we've put in a lot more effort into useful LST warning messages).
      Will try to get that message updated before we release.

      I'd also visit PCGenLSTFileHelp to get some assistance in converting
      your files (if you find other issues). One of the data monkeys can
      probably run PrettyLst over you data files to give you a head start
      and we have a tracker (that the LSTFileHelp guys are aware of) that
      lists the other major data changes that PrettyLst can't automatically
      resolve.

      Thanks!

    • Andrew Wilson
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 11, 2007
        On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 11:26:49AM -0000, ovka wrote:
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Parker" <thpr@...> wrote:
        >> Today, they need to be the first comment line, and they need to be
        >> tab delimited just like other tokens (not separated by spaces or | or
        >> other things).
        >
        > The first comment line? If they are comments, I can put them anywhere,
        > right?

        If they were standard comments then you wouldn't be getting error
        messages about them.

        andrew
      • Tom Parker
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 11, 2007
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...> wrote:

          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Parker" <thpr@> wrote:
          > >Sounds to me like you've jumped from a version of PCGen where the
          > >SOURCE tags were done differently.
          >
          > Yes, I'm trying to test the new almost-production version with files
          > that I was using in the old production version. The point of my post
          > was that the error message was only partially helpful in tracking down
          > the problem.

          Ah, good point.

          > >Today, they need to be the first comment line, and they need to be
          > >tab
          > >delimited just like other tokens (not separated by spaces or | or
          > >other things).
          >
          > The first comment line? If they are comments, I can put them anywhere,
          > right?

          Sorry, meant first non-comment line.

          > I don't mind updating my .lst files to the latest PCGen version, but
          > clear messages about problems in the files are very helpful.

          Understood :)