Bug or request for PCGen OGC - Musical Instrument (Horn)

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2007
      Wanted to leave a Horn (think Boromir) as loot for the party, just a
      MW intrument, nothing magical or anything. Discovered we've got a
      whole lot of insturments in our SRD 3.5 dataset, but no Horn.

      I know it is nit-picking, but I'd like a default Horn (I just don't
      see a Trumpet as something old Bards carried around back then - Court
      Bards/musicians might have one in the castle, but carrying around a
      7-12' straight trumpet just doesn't seem right for an adventuring
      party)....

      I'm modifying files into my homebrew, but I figured others might
      appreciate a default 'Horn'. Worth it?

      PCGen LST Chimp
    • ovka
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2007

        > Wanted to leave a Horn (think Boromir) as loot for the party, just a
        > MW intrument, nothing magical or anything. Discovered we've got a
        > whole lot of insturments in our SRD 3.5 dataset, but no Horn.
        >
        > I know it is nit-picking, but I'd like a default Horn (I just don't
        > see a Trumpet as something old Bards carried around back then -
        Court
        > Bards/musicians might have one in the castle, but carrying around a
        > 7-12' straight trumpet just doesn't seem right for an adventuring
        > party)....
        >
        > I'm modifying files into my homebrew, but I figured others might
        > appreciate a default 'Horn'. Worth it?

        I always considered the "trumpet" in the rules to be a generic horn
        anyway. Since all "horns" require the same skill, and all of the
        instruments have the same cost and weight in the rules, I never
        bothered to take it any further.

        Cheers,

        Sir George Anonymous