Closed Content discussion - was Re: [Moderator] Runestaff implementation

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2007
      Hi all,

      http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/Posting+Guidelines has been updated,
      please read these before posting.

      My sincere apologies for this lack of posting guideline information.
      As before, my fault and my fault alone.

      I sincerely hope to have the various bits of documentation we have
      floating about centralised into one point.

      > Hi all,
      >
      > I've just received a few PMs regarding his matter (that I can only
      > read on my phone, I can't reply until tonight). So just posting here
      > to say that I'll be posting on this topic again tonight.
      >
      > Just quickly, it was pointed out that our posting guidelines were
      > lacking in asking users not to discuss the coding of closed content.
      > I'll check that tonight and if that is the case (I suspect it might
      > be) then that is my fault and my fault alone, for which I humbly
      > apologise.
      >
      > I'll post again tonight about this topic.
      >
      > Karianna
      >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > You're treading on dangerous ground here. No mentioning of CLOSED
      > > CONTENT materials. Please ask your questions in VANILLA terms, like I
      > > want to have an ability that does FOO x1 day.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Andrew
      > > TM
      > >
      > > Jerry Hill wrote:

      > Compendium

      > error
      > > >>

      > > > Should they really add to your known spells? Each ability is
      > > > typically usable 3/day, and they don't count as being spells
      known for
      > > > meeting prestige class prerequisites or anything. I suppose it
      would
      > > > be useful to see the spell information with your caster level
      applied
      > > > to the various variable effects though.

    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2007
        On 6/3/07, Martijn Verburg <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/Posting+Guidelines has been updated,
        > please read these before posting.
        >
        > My sincere apologies for this lack of posting guideline information.
        > As before, my fault and my fault alone.
        >
        > I sincerely hope to have the various bits of documentation we have
        > floating about centralised into one point.

        Probably need to update the FILE-Welcome and such for the Y! groups,
        since we can guarantee everyone gets that (can't make a horse drink,
        but you can make sure they had to see the water - like posting "Swim
        at your own Risk" signs.)

        PCGen LST Chimp
      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2007

          > On 6/3/07, Martijn Verburg <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
          > > Hi all,
          > >
          > > http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/Posting+Guidelines has been updated,
          > > please read these before posting.
          > >
          > > My sincere apologies for this lack of posting guideline information.
          > > As before, my fault and my fault alone.
          > >
          > > I sincerely hope to have the various bits of documentation we have
          > > floating about centralised into one point.
          >
          > Probably need to update the FILE-Welcome and such for the Y! groups,
          > since we can guarantee everyone gets that (can't make a horse drink,
          > but you can make sure they had to see the water - like posting "Swim
          > at your own Risk" signs.)

          Yeah already updated them a bit, more needs to be done though,
          unfortunately my PCGen list is longer than a piece of string :|

        • Martijn Verburg
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 4, 2007
            Hi all,

            Please don't see this as not being able to ask questions. We
            definitely want to help individuals out! At the moment it's just that
            we need the questions asked without referencing any Closed Content names.

            So please continue to throw us the "How do I?" questions, especially
            in our PCGenLstFileHelp group!

            Thanks again

            Karianna

            PS: The BoD is taking a very close look at this issue again, more on
            that shortly.