Re: [pcgen] [OS]Re: Incorrect Carried Weight Calculation?

    Message 1 of 24 , Jun 1, 2007
      Which would be easier to code? Which lends itself to more understanding?

      I suppose #1 is a better idea (KISS method), though #2 was the original
      idea.

      -Andrew

      Frugal wrote:
      > On Fri, June 1, 2007 4:57 pm, Andrew Maitland wrote:
      >
      >> Would a tracker to include a weight section under money with a small
      >> note of weight add to the MAIN list be a way to avoid this confusion in
      >> the future?
      >>

      > Do you mean: In the Equipment table have an entry for "Money 234gp 0.6lbs"
      >
      > Or do you mean: In the Money table have the total weight for money along
      > with a note saying that the sum of the weights in the equipment table,
      > plus the weight of the coins in this table will be the total weight shown?

    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 24 , Jun 3, 2007
        I'd go with #1 personally, tracker updated - K

        > Which would be easier to code? Which lends itself to more
        > understanding?
        >
        > I suppose #1 is a better idea (KISS method), though #2 was the
        > original idea.
        >
        > -Andrew
        >
        > Frugal wrote:
        > > On Fri, June 1, 2007 4:57 pm, Andrew Maitland wrote:
        > >
        > >> Would a tracker to include a weight section under money with a small
        > >> note of weight add to the MAIN list be a way to avoid this
        confusion in
        > >> the future?
        > >>

        > > Do you mean: In the Equipment table have an entry for "Money 234gp
        0.6lbs"

        > > Or do you mean: In the Money table have the total weight for money
        along
        > > with a note saying that the sum of the weights in the equipment table,
        > > plus the weight of the coins in this table will be the total
        weight shown?

      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 24 , Jun 3, 2007
          I was just thinking about this for maintaining my group's characters.

          We tend to use Bags of Holding, etc. when carrying loot. It would be
          nice if the wt for coins were listed in the listing for each
          container, so that one would know how much is ignored for wt
          calculations. Otherwise the numbers will look wrong in that case.
          Unless someone has a better solution.

          PCGen LST Chimp
        • ovka
          Message 4 of 24 , Jun 3, 2007
            > I was just thinking about this for maintaining my group's characters.
            >
            > We tend to use Bags of Holding, etc. when carrying loot. It would be
            > nice if the wt for coins were listed in the listing for each
            > container, so that one would know how much is ignored for wt
            > calculations. Otherwise the numbers will look wrong in that case.
            > Unless someone has a better solution.

            I think most of the OS include coins in the weight of containers.

            Cheers,

            Sir George Anonymous