Re: [pcgen] [Trackered]Re: Incorrect Carried Weight Calculation?

    Message 1 of 24 , Jun 1, 2007
      [ 1729588 ] Add weight under coins section and note

      http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1729588&group_id=25576&atid=748297

      Martijn Verburg wrote:
      > Tracker it, it's a good idea
      >
      > Karianna <yes I was/am an OS monkey ;p>
      >

      >> Would a tracker to include a weight section under money with a small
      >> note of weight add to the MAIN list be a way to avoid this confusion in
      >> the future?
      >>
      >> OS monkeys, any thoughts on this?
      >>
      >> allencohn wrote:
      >>
      >>> Ah...mystery solved.
      >>>
      >>> Thanks everyone!
      >>>
      >>> Allen

      >>> equipping tab

      >>> These

      >>> contents

      >>> PCGen's Wiki: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#Welcome
      >>> PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#Roadmap
      >>> PCGen's Online Docs:

      >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Frugal
      Message 2 of 24 , Jun 1, 2007
        On Fri, June 1, 2007 4:57 pm, Andrew Maitland wrote:
        > Would a tracker to include a weight section under money with a small
        > note of weight add to the MAIN list be a way to avoid this confusion in
        > the future?

        Do you mean: In the Equipment table have an entry for "Money 234gp 0.6lbs"

        Or do you mean: In the Money table have the total weight for money along
        with a note saying that the sum of the weights in the equipment table,
        plus the weight of the coins in this table will be the total weight shown?

        --
        regards,
        Frugal
        Message 3 of 24 , Jun 1, 2007
          Which would be easier to code? Which lends itself to more understanding?

          I suppose #1 is a better idea (KISS method), though #2 was the original
          idea.

          -Andrew

          Frugal wrote:
          > On Fri, June 1, 2007 4:57 pm, Andrew Maitland wrote:
          >
          >> Would a tracker to include a weight section under money with a small
          >> note of weight add to the MAIN list be a way to avoid this confusion in
          >> the future?
          >>

          > Do you mean: In the Equipment table have an entry for "Money 234gp 0.6lbs"
          >
          > Or do you mean: In the Money table have the total weight for money along
          > with a note saying that the sum of the weights in the equipment table,
          > plus the weight of the coins in this table will be the total weight shown?

        • Martijn Verburg
          Message 4 of 24 , Jun 3, 2007
            I'd go with #1 personally, tracker updated - K

            > Which would be easier to code? Which lends itself to more
            > understanding?
            >
            > I suppose #1 is a better idea (KISS method), though #2 was the
            > original idea.
            >
            > -Andrew
            >
            > Frugal wrote:
            > > On Fri, June 1, 2007 4:57 pm, Andrew Maitland wrote:
            > >
            > >> Would a tracker to include a weight section under money with a small
            > >> note of weight add to the MAIN list be a way to avoid this
            confusion in
            > >> the future?
            > >>

            > > Do you mean: In the Equipment table have an entry for "Money 234gp
            0.6lbs"

            > > Or do you mean: In the Money table have the total weight for money
            along
            > > with a note saying that the sum of the weights in the equipment table,
            > > plus the weight of the coins in this table will be the total
            weight shown?

          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 24 , Jun 3, 2007
              I was just thinking about this for maintaining my group's characters.

              We tend to use Bags of Holding, etc. when carrying loot. It would be
              nice if the wt for coins were listed in the listing for each
              container, so that one would know how much is ignored for wt
              calculations. Otherwise the numbers will look wrong in that case.
              Unless someone has a better solution.

              PCGen LST Chimp
            • ovka
              Message 6 of 24 , Jun 3, 2007
                > I was just thinking about this for maintaining my group's characters.
                >
                > We tend to use Bags of Holding, etc. when carrying loot. It would be
                > nice if the wt for coins were listed in the listing for each
                > container, so that one would know how much is ignored for wt
                > calculations. Otherwise the numbers will look wrong in that case.
                > Unless someone has a better solution.

                I think most of the OS include coins in the weight of containers.

                Cheers,

                Sir George Anonymous