Re: Incorrect Carried Weight Calculation?

  • allencohn
    Message 1 of 24 , Jun 1, 2007
      Ah...mystery solved.

      Thanks everyone!

      Allen

      > Hi Allen,
      >
      > You are right - I didn't look closely enough and my version is also
      > saying 66.61 lbs. However when I looked at the character's
      equipping tab
      > I traced the other 0.6lbs. It comes from the equipped coins :)
      These

      Message 2 of 24 , Jun 1, 2007
        Would a tracker to include a weight section under money with a small
        note of weight add to the MAIN list be a way to avoid this confusion in
        the future?

        OS monkeys, any thoughts on this?

        allencohn wrote:
        > Ah...mystery solved.
        >
        > Thanks everyone!
        >
        > Allen

        >> Hi Allen,
        >>
        >> You are right - I didn't look closely enough and my version is also
        >> saying 66.61 lbs. However when I looked at the character's
        >>
        > equipping tab
        >
        >> I traced the other 0.6lbs. It comes from the equipped coins :)
        >>
        > These
        >
        >> aren't show in the inventory list unless they are listed as the
        >>
        > contents
        >
        >> of a container. Instead they are shown in the money section.
        >>
        >> Cheers,
        >> James.

      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 24 , Jun 1, 2007
          Tracker it, it's a good idea

          Karianna <yes I was/am an OS monkey ;p>

          Message 4 of 24 , Jun 1, 2007
            [ 1729588 ] Add weight under coins section and note

            http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1729588&group_id=25576&atid=748297

            Martijn Verburg wrote:
            > Tracker it, it's a good idea
            >
            > Karianna <yes I was/am an OS monkey ;p>
            >

            >> Would a tracker to include a weight section under money with a small
            >> note of weight add to the MAIN list be a way to avoid this confusion in
            >> the future?
            >>
            >> OS monkeys, any thoughts on this?
            >>
            >> allencohn wrote:
            >>
            >>> Ah...mystery solved.
            >>>
            >>> Thanks everyone!
            >>>
            >>> Allen

            >>> equipping tab

            >>> These

            >>> contents

            >>> PCGen's Wiki: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#Welcome
            >>> PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#Roadmap
            >>> PCGen's Online Docs:

            >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Frugal
            Message 5 of 24 , Jun 1, 2007
              On Fri, June 1, 2007 4:57 pm, Andrew Maitland wrote:
              > Would a tracker to include a weight section under money with a small
              > note of weight add to the MAIN list be a way to avoid this confusion in
              > the future?

              Do you mean: In the Equipment table have an entry for "Money 234gp 0.6lbs"

              Or do you mean: In the Money table have the total weight for money along
              with a note saying that the sum of the weights in the equipment table,
              plus the weight of the coins in this table will be the total weight shown?

              --
              regards,
              Frugal
              Message 6 of 24 , Jun 1, 2007
                Which would be easier to code? Which lends itself to more understanding?

                I suppose #1 is a better idea (KISS method), though #2 was the original
                idea.

                -Andrew

                Message 7 of 24 , Jun 3, 2007
                  I'd go with #1 personally, tracker updated - K

                  > Which would be easier to code? Which lends itself to more
                  > understanding?
                  >
                  > I suppose #1 is a better idea (KISS method), though #2 was the
                  > original idea.
                  >
                  > -Andrew
                  >
                  > Frugal wrote:
                  > > On Fri, June 1, 2007 4:57 pm, Andrew Maitland wrote:
                  > >
                  > >> Would a tracker to include a weight section under money with a small
                  > >> note of weight add to the MAIN list be a way to avoid this
                  confusion in
                  > >> the future?
                  > >>

                  > > Do you mean: In the Equipment table have an entry for "Money 234gp
                  0.6lbs"

                  > > Or do you mean: In the Money table have the total weight for money
                  along
                  > > with a note saying that the sum of the weights in the equipment table,
                  > > plus the weight of the coins in this table will be the total
                  weight shown?

                • Tir Gwaith
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jun 3, 2007
                    I was just thinking about this for maintaining my group's characters.

                    We tend to use Bags of Holding, etc. when carrying loot. It would be
                    nice if the wt for coins were listed in the listing for each
                    container, so that one would know how much is ignored for wt
                    calculations. Otherwise the numbers will look wrong in that case.
                    Unless someone has a better solution.

                    PCGen LST Chimp
                  • ovka
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jun 3, 2007
                      > I was just thinking about this for maintaining my group's characters.
                      >
                      > We tend to use Bags of Holding, etc. when carrying loot. It would be
                      > nice if the wt for coins were listed in the listing for each
                      > container, so that one would know how much is ignored for wt
                      > calculations. Otherwise the numbers will look wrong in that case.
                      > Unless someone has a better solution.

                      I think most of the OS include coins in the weight of containers.

                      Cheers,

                      Sir George Anonymous