Re: [Moderator] Runestaff implementation

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2007
      Hi all,

      I've just received a few PMs regarding his matter (that I can only
      read on my phone, I can't reply until tonight). So just posting here
      to say that I'll be posting on this topic again tonight.

      Just quickly, it was pointed out that our posting guidelines were
      lacking in asking users not to discuss the coding of closed content.
      I'll check that tonight and if that is the case (I suspect it might
      be) then that is my fault and my fault alone, for which I humbly
      apologise.

      I'll post again tonight about this topic.

      Karianna

      > Hi,
      >
      > You're treading on dangerous ground here. No mentioning of CLOSED
      > CONTENT materials. Please ask your questions in VANILLA terms, like I
      > want to have an ability that does FOO x1 day.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Andrew
      > TM
      >
      > Jerry Hill wrote:
      > > On 5/31/07, John Gregory <john.gregory@...> wrote:
      > >
      > >> Has anyone gotten any of the runestaffs from the Magic Item
      Compendium
      > >> implemented in their own custom data sets?
      > >>
      > >> I tried to implement myself, but didn't really get anywhere. No
      error
      > >> messages, just didn't get them to show up in the Known Spells.
      > >>

      > > Should they really add to your known spells? Each ability is
      > > typically usable 3/day, and they don't count as being spells known for
      > > meeting prestige class prerequisites or anything. I suppose it would
      > > be useful to see the spell information with your caster level applied
      > > to the various variable effects though.

    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2007
        Hi all,

        http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/Posting+Guidelines has been updated,
        please read these before posting.

        My sincere apologies for this lack of posting guideline information.
        As before, my fault and my fault alone.

        I sincerely hope to have the various bits of documentation we have
        floating about centralised into one point.

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I've just received a few PMs regarding his matter (that I can only
        > read on my phone, I can't reply until tonight). So just posting here
        > to say that I'll be posting on this topic again tonight.
        >
        > Just quickly, it was pointed out that our posting guidelines were
        > lacking in asking users not to discuss the coding of closed content.
        > I'll check that tonight and if that is the case (I suspect it might
        > be) then that is my fault and my fault alone, for which I humbly
        > apologise.
        >
        > I'll post again tonight about this topic.
        >
        > Karianna
        >
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > You're treading on dangerous ground here. No mentioning of CLOSED
        > > CONTENT materials. Please ask your questions in VANILLA terms, like I
        > > want to have an ability that does FOO x1 day.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > Andrew
        > > TM
        > >
        > > Jerry Hill wrote:

        > Compendium

        > error
        > > >>

        > > > Should they really add to your known spells? Each ability is
        > > > typically usable 3/day, and they don't count as being spells
        known for
        > > > meeting prestige class prerequisites or anything. I suppose it
        would
        > > > be useful to see the spell information with your caster level
        applied
        > > > to the various variable effects though.

      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2007
          On 6/3/07, Martijn Verburg <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
          > Hi all,
          >
          > http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/Posting+Guidelines has been updated,
          > please read these before posting.
          >
          > My sincere apologies for this lack of posting guideline information.
          > As before, my fault and my fault alone.
          >
          > I sincerely hope to have the various bits of documentation we have
          > floating about centralised into one point.

          Probably need to update the FILE-Welcome and such for the Y! groups,
          since we can guarantee everyone gets that (can't make a horse drink,
          but you can make sure they had to see the water - like posting "Swim
          at your own Risk" signs.)

          PCGen LST Chimp
        • Martijn Verburg
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 3, 2007

            > On 6/3/07, Martijn Verburg <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
            > > Hi all,
            > >
            > > http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/Posting+Guidelines has been updated,
            > > please read these before posting.
            > >
            > > My sincere apologies for this lack of posting guideline information.
            > > As before, my fault and my fault alone.
            > >
            > > I sincerely hope to have the various bits of documentation we have
            > > floating about centralised into one point.
            >
            > Probably need to update the FILE-Welcome and such for the Y! groups,
            > since we can guarantee everyone gets that (can't make a horse drink,
            > but you can make sure they had to see the water - like posting "Swim
            > at your own Risk" signs.)

            Yeah already updated them a bit, more needs to be done though,
            unfortunately my PCGen list is longer than a piece of string :|

          • Martijn Verburg
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 4, 2007
              Hi all,

              Please don't see this as not being able to ask questions. We
              definitely want to help individuals out! At the moment it's just that
              we need the questions asked without referencing any Closed Content names.

              So please continue to throw us the "How do I?" questions, especially
              in our PCGenLstFileHelp group!

              Thanks again

              Karianna

              PS: The BoD is taking a very close look at this issue again, more on
              that shortly.