Skills Question

  • Stefan Radermacher
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
      Do we currently have a possibility to change skills from "trained only"
      to "usable untrained" via an ability? I couldn't find anything in the
      docs. If not, I'd make a FReq for that.

      Regards,
      Stefan.
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
        On 6/1/07, Stefan Radermacher <radermacher@...> wrote:
        > Do we currently have a possibility to change skills from "trained only"
        > to "usable untrained" via an ability? I couldn't find anything in the
        > docs. If not, I'd make a FReq for that.

        Nope. Currently can't do Stat changes, Untrained/Trained, or make a
        skill exclusive for a character.

        I thought there was a FReq for all that stuff at one time.

        PCGen LST Chimp
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007

          Tir Gwaith wrote:
          > On 6/1/07, Stefan Radermacher <radermacher@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Do we currently have a possibility to change skills from "trained only"
          >> to "usable untrained" via an ability? I couldn't find anything in the
          >> docs. If not, I'd make a FReq for that.
          >>

          > Nope. Currently can't do Stat changes, Untrained/Trained, or make a
          > skill exclusive for a character.
          >
          > I thought there was a FReq for all that stuff at one time.

          I believe that was a request of mine several months back... I'll search
          the FREQs and see if that is the case.

          Andrew
          TM

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
            [ 1729539 ] FREQ: Change Skill Designation - Exclusive, Trained, CC

            https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1729539&group_id=25576&atid=384722

            If it exists I couldn't find it. Here's a tracker in the mean time.

            Andrew Maitland wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > Tir Gwaith wrote:
            >
            >> On 6/1/07, Stefan Radermacher <radermacher@...> wrote:
            >>

            >>> Do we currently have a possibility to change skills from "trained only"
            >>> to "usable untrained" via an ability? I couldn't find anything in the
            >>> docs. If not, I'd make a FReq for that.
            >>>

            >> Nope. Currently can't do Stat changes, Untrained/Trained, or make a
            >> skill exclusive for a character.
            >>
            >> I thought there was a FReq for all that stuff at one time.
            >>

            > I believe that was a request of mine several months back... I'll search
            > the FREQs and see if that is the case.
            >
            > Andrew
            > TM

          • Nigel Bennington
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
              In the meantime however, you could have the ability grant 0.5 ranks in
              the skill, thus making it appear as trained with 0 ranks added to the roll.

              As a workaround of course :)

              Cheers,

              Coromir.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
                Tom pointed out the original tracker - This is back from 2003-11-20 11:37

                (Thanks Tom)

                I've added the updated requests into that tracker.

                [ 846062 ] Make USEUNTRAINED setable by a template or feat

                https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=846062&group_id=25576&atid=384722