Re: [PCGEN] Upload Directiory?

  • David M. Bebber
    Message 1 of 9 , May 31, 2007
      On Thu, 31 May 2007 20:58:02 -0500, Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...>
      wrote:
      > A link to that for the PLs would be a great starting point for them.
      > No 'whole work' is OGL, since at least the Title is PI (defined in the
      > OGL that way), so permissions are a requirement the way we do it.
      > That's for the PL team, and they are happy to jump in.

      Linky:
      http://dreamscarredpress.com/main/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=&func=view&catid=19&id=1377#1377
      (These guys are a breeze to work with and have very open ideas about their
      material.)

      > Anyway, David, if you could send me the specifics on the source andthe
      > publisher I can start looking at it fro the PL perspective . . .
      > Maredudd

      The source is called "High Psionics: Psionic Feats", published by
      Dreamscarred Press. Here is the cut and pasted PI section from it:

      "Designation of Product Identity: The following items are hereby
      designated as Product
      Identity in accordance with Section 1(e) of the Open Game License, version
      1.0a: Any and all
      Dreamscarred Press logos and identifying marks and trade dress, such as
      all Dreamscarred Press
      product and product line names including but not limited to High Psionics:
      Psionic Feats and all
      artwork, symbols, designs, depictions, illustrations, maps, and
      cartography, likenesses, poses,
      logos, or graphic designs, except such elements that y appear in final or
      draft versions of the d20
      System Reference Document or as Open Game Content below and are already
      open by virtue of
      appearing there. The above Product Identity is not Open Game Content.
      Open Game Content: The entirety of this work with the exception of the
      above-mentioned
      Product Identity is designated as Open Game Content. "

      I'll post the current version in step 1 shortly, still has some work to go
      on it... but it's getting close. :D

    • Eric C. Smith
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1 4:23 AM
        Thanks David!

        On Jun 1, 2007, at 1:16 AM, David M. Bebber wrote:

        > On Thu, 31 May 2007 20:58:02 -0500, Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...>
        > wrote:
        >> A link to that for the PLs would be a great starting point for them.
        >> No 'whole work' is OGL, since at least the Title is PI (defined in
        >> the
        >> OGL that way), so permissions are a requirement the way we do it.
        >> That's for the PL team, and they are happy to jump in.
        >
        > Linky:
        > http://dreamscarredpress.com/main/index.php?
        > option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=&func=view&catid=19&id=1377#1377
        > (These guys are a breeze to work with and have very open ideas
        > about their
        > material.)
        >
        >> Anyway, David, if you could send me the specifics on the source
        >> andthe
        >> publisher I can start looking at it fro the PL perspective . . .
        >> Maredudd
        >
        > The source is called "High Psionics: Psionic Feats", published by
        > Dreamscarred Press. Here is the cut and pasted PI section from it:
        >
        > "Designation of Product Identity: The following items are hereby
        > designated as Product
        > Identity in accordance with Section 1(e) of the Open Game License,
        > version
        > 1.0a: Any and all
        > Dreamscarred Press logos and identifying marks and trade dress,
        > such as
        > all Dreamscarred Press
        > product and product line names including but not limited to High
        > Psionics:
        > Psionic Feats and all
        > artwork, symbols, designs, depictions, illustrations, maps, and
        > cartography, likenesses, poses,
        > logos, or graphic designs, except such elements that y appear in
        > final or
        > draft versions of the d20
        > System Reference Document or as Open Game Content below and are
        > already
        > open by virtue of
        > appearing there. The above Product Identity is not Open Game Content.
        > Open Game Content: The entirety of this work with the exception of the
        > above-mentioned
        > Product Identity is designated as Open Game Content. "
        >
        > I'll post the current version in step 1 shortly, still has some
        > work to go
        > on it... but it's getting close. :D

        I saw the posted file!

        One additional request that will help when it cmes to the OGL review
        is to include a scan of the OGL page (usually in the back of the
        source), the OGC declaration (either just after the OGL or in the
        front among the publisher info), and the Table of Contents.

        Thanks again!

        Maredudd
        PL 2nd & OGL Monkey
      • bebberd
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1 6:10 AM
          >One additional request that will help when it cmes to the OGL review
          >is to include a scan of the OGL page (usually in the back of the
          >source), the OGC declaration (either just after the OGL or in the
          >front among the publisher info), and the Table of Contents.
          >
          >Thanks again!
          >
          >Maredudd
          >PL 2nd & OGL Monkey

          The supplement in question is a pdf, would a txt file with the cut and pasted info listed above work?

          PeoplePC Online
          A better way to Internet
          http://www.peoplepc.com