[PCGEN] Upload Directiory?

  • David M. Bebber
    Message 1 of 9 , May 31 6:14 PM
      Where would I upload a submission for a new DnD 3.5 supplement to be
      included with the release?

      I asked the developer in their own forum, and was informed the whole work
      is OGL, so go ahead... I figure the right monkey will need to contact the
      company on behalf of PCGen.

    • Tom Parker
      Message 2 of 9 , May 31 6:44 PM
        Publisher Liasion should contact you to figure out the company, et al,
        and then contact them based on how we do permissions.

        Woo Hoo! More Stuff!

        Thanks, David.

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David M. Bebber" <bebberd@...> wrote:

        > Where would I upload a submission for a new DnD 3.5 supplement to be
        > included with the release?
        >
        > I asked the developer in their own forum, and was informed the whole
        work
        > is OGL, so go ahead... I figure the right monkey will need to
        contact the
        > company on behalf of PCGen.

      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 9 , May 31 6:58 PM
          > Where would I upload a submission for a new DnD 3.5 supplement to be
          > included with the release?

          pcgen_exerperimental / Files / Step 1 or Step 2 directory (depending
          on if it is complete or not), then post to pcgen_experimental for the
          OGL and PL teams.

          > I asked the developer in their own forum, and was informed the whole work
          > is OGL, so go ahead... I figure the right monkey will need to contact the
          > company on behalf of PCGen.

          A link to that for the PLs would be a great starting point for them.
          No 'whole work' is OGL, since at least the Title is PI (defined in the
          OGL that way), so permissions are a requirement the way we do it.
          That's for the PL team, and they are happy to jump in.

          PCGen LST Chimp
        • Eric C. Smith
          Message 4 of 9 , May 31 7:14 PM
            Tir Gwaith wrote:
            > > Where would I upload a submission for a new DnD 3.5 supplement to be
            > > included with the release?
            >
            > pcgen_exerperimental / Files / Step 1 or Step 2 directory (depending
            > on if it is complete or not), then post to pcgen_experimental for the
            > OGL and PL teams.
            >
            > > I asked the developer in their own forum, and was informed the
            > whole work
            > > is OGL, so go ahead... I figure the right monkey will need to
            > contact the
            > > company on behalf of PCGen.
            >
            > A link to that for the PLs would be a great starting point for them.
            > No 'whole work' is OGL, since at least the Title is PI (defined in the
            > OGL that way), so permissions are a requirement the way we do it.
            > That's for the PL team, and they are happy to jump in.
            And we will . . . are . . . uh . . . :-)

            Anyway, David, if you could send me the specifics on the source and
            the publisher I can start looking at it fro the PL perspective . . .

            Maredudd
            PCGen PL 2nd
            Message 5 of 9 , May 31 8:57 PM
              Yahoo Experimental Website (yahoo group website)

              Step 2 Folder
              When you upload check the option to send an email alert and the proper
              monkeys will become involved.

              NOTE: New data sets aren't included in PCGen until we go into the next
              alpha cycle.

              -Andrew
              TM

              David M. Bebber wrote:
              > Where would I upload a submission for a new DnD 3.5 supplement to be
              > included with the release?
              >
              > I asked the developer in their own forum, and was informed the whole work
              > is OGL, so go ahead... I figure the right monkey will need to contact the
              > company on behalf of PCGen.

            • David M. Bebber
              Message 6 of 9 , May 31 10:16 PM
                On Thu, 31 May 2007 20:58:02 -0500, Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...>
                wrote:
                > A link to that for the PLs would be a great starting point for them.
                > No 'whole work' is OGL, since at least the Title is PI (defined in the
                > OGL that way), so permissions are a requirement the way we do it.
                > That's for the PL team, and they are happy to jump in.

                Linky:
                http://dreamscarredpress.com/main/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=&func=view&catid=19&id=1377#1377
                (These guys are a breeze to work with and have very open ideas about their
                material.)

                > Anyway, David, if you could send me the specifics on the source andthe
                > publisher I can start looking at it fro the PL perspective . . .
                > Maredudd

                The source is called "High Psionics: Psionic Feats", published by
                Dreamscarred Press. Here is the cut and pasted PI section from it:

                "Designation of Product Identity: The following items are hereby
                designated as Product
                Identity in accordance with Section 1(e) of the Open Game License, version
                1.0a: Any and all
                Dreamscarred Press logos and identifying marks and trade dress, such as
                all Dreamscarred Press
                product and product line names including but not limited to High Psionics:
                Psionic Feats and all
                artwork, symbols, designs, depictions, illustrations, maps, and
                cartography, likenesses, poses,
                logos, or graphic designs, except such elements that y appear in final or
                draft versions of the d20
                System Reference Document or as Open Game Content below and are already
                open by virtue of
                appearing there. The above Product Identity is not Open Game Content.
                Open Game Content: The entirety of this work with the exception of the
                above-mentioned
                Product Identity is designated as Open Game Content. "

                I'll post the current version in step 1 shortly, still has some work to go
                on it... but it's getting close. :D

              • David M. Bebber
                Message 7 of 9 , May 31 10:22 PM

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
                    Thanks David!

                    On Jun 1, 2007, at 1:16 AM, David M. Bebber wrote:

                    > On Thu, 31 May 2007 20:58:02 -0500, Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...>
                    > wrote:
                    >> A link to that for the PLs would be a great starting point for them.
                    >> No 'whole work' is OGL, since at least the Title is PI (defined in
                    >> the
                    >> OGL that way), so permissions are a requirement the way we do it.
                    >> That's for the PL team, and they are happy to jump in.
                    >
                    > Linky:
                    > http://dreamscarredpress.com/main/index.php?
                    > option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=&func=view&catid=19&id=1377#1377
                    > (These guys are a breeze to work with and have very open ideas
                    > about their
                    > material.)
                    >
                    >> Anyway, David, if you could send me the specifics on the source
                    >> andthe
                    >> publisher I can start looking at it fro the PL perspective . . .
                    >> Maredudd
                    >
                    > The source is called "High Psionics: Psionic Feats", published by
                    > Dreamscarred Press. Here is the cut and pasted PI section from it:
                    >
                    > "Designation of Product Identity: The following items are hereby
                    > designated as Product
                    > Identity in accordance with Section 1(e) of the Open Game License,
                    > version
                    > 1.0a: Any and all
                    > Dreamscarred Press logos and identifying marks and trade dress,
                    > such as
                    > all Dreamscarred Press
                    > product and product line names including but not limited to High
                    > Psionics:
                    > Psionic Feats and all
                    > artwork, symbols, designs, depictions, illustrations, maps, and
                    > cartography, likenesses, poses,
                    > logos, or graphic designs, except such elements that y appear in
                    > final or
                    > draft versions of the d20
                    > System Reference Document or as Open Game Content below and are
                    > already
                    > open by virtue of
                    > appearing there. The above Product Identity is not Open Game Content.
                    > Open Game Content: The entirety of this work with the exception of the
                    > above-mentioned
                    > Product Identity is designated as Open Game Content. "
                    >
                    > I'll post the current version in step 1 shortly, still has some
                    > work to go
                    > on it... but it's getting close. :D

                    I saw the posted file!

                    One additional request that will help when it cmes to the OGL review
                    is to include a scan of the OGL page (usually in the back of the
                    source), the OGC declaration (either just after the OGL or in the
                    front among the publisher info), and the Table of Contents.

                    Thanks again!

                    Maredudd
                    PL 2nd & OGL Monkey
                  • bebberd
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 1, 2007
                      >One additional request that will help when it cmes to the OGL review
                      >is to include a scan of the OGL page (usually in the back of the
                      >source), the OGC declaration (either just after the OGL or in the
                      >front among the publisher info), and the Table of Contents.
                      >
                      >Thanks again!
                      >
                      >Maredudd
                      >PL 2nd & OGL Monkey

                      The supplement in question is a pdf, would a txt file with the cut and pasted info listed above work?

                      PeoplePC Online
                      A better way to Internet
                      http://www.peoplepc.com