Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Incorrect Carried Weight Calculation?

Expand Messages
  • allencohn
    Hi folks, My PC is too heavy! So I ve been double checking his carried load. Strangely, when I add up the numbers it comes out to 68.01 lbs. But PCGen
    Message 1 of 24 , May 31, 2007
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi folks,

      My PC is too heavy! So I've been double checking his carried load.

      Strangely, when I add up the numbers it comes out to 68.01 lbs. But
      PCGen calculates 66.61 lbs.

      Has anyone else had trouble with the weight calculations?

      How can I help someone track this down? Post my character file
      somewhere?

      Thanks,
      Allen
    • Per Christian Henden
      ... You have compare your calculation with PCGen s and found each item of your inventory to weigh the same? If not, just select Preview and page 2 to see a
      Message 2 of 24 , May 31, 2007
      • 0 Attachment
        On Thursday 31 May 2007 20:27:40 allencohn wrote:
        > Hi folks,
        >
        > My PC is too heavy! So I've been double checking his carried load.
        >
        > Strangely, when I add up the numbers it comes out to 68.01 lbs. But
        > PCGen calculates 66.61 lbs.
        >
        > Has anyone else had trouble with the weight calculations?
        >
        > How can I help someone track this down? Post my character file
        > somewhere?

        You have compare your calculation with PCGen's and found each item of your
        inventory to weigh the same? If not, just select Preview and page 2 to see a
        list of your inventory, complete with weights. Use it to find the difference.

        Two tips:

        Did you remember to adjust the weight of your items for PC size? If he's not
        medium size the weight of some items, like armor, will change.

        There is a button for automatically resizing items toward the bottom right
        corner of the inventory pane.


        Cheers,
        PER
      • allencohn
        Thanks for your response. What I did is go to the preview page and add up all the weights listed as carried or equipped. That total didn t match the total
        Message 3 of 24 , May 31, 2007
        • 0 Attachment
          Thanks for your response.

          What I did is go to the preview page and add up all the weights
          listed as carried or equipped. That total didn't match the total
          calculated on the preview page.

          Allen

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Per Christian Henden <perchrh-
          pcgen@...> wrote:
          > You have compare your calculation with PCGen's and found each item
          of your
          > inventory to weigh the same? If not, just select Preview and page 2
          to see a
          > list of your inventory, complete with weights. Use it to find the
          difference.
          >
          > Two tips:
          >
          > Did you remember to adjust the weight of your items for PC size? If
          he's not
          > medium size the weight of some items, like armor, will change.
          >
          > There is a button for automatically resizing items toward the
          bottom right
          > corner of the inventory pane.
          >
          >
          > Cheers,
          > PER
          >
        • Per Christian Henden
          ... Okay, is all your equipment equipped or carried? PCGen allows you to add equipment that is not carried, e.g. your Alchemist’s Lab, and that will not
          Message 4 of 24 , May 31, 2007
          • 0 Attachment
            On Thursday 31 May 2007 22:35:00 allencohn wrote:
            > Thanks for your response.
            >
            > What I did is go to the preview page and add up all the weights
            > listed as carried or equipped. That total didn't match the total
            > calculated on the preview page.
            >
            Okay, is all your equipment equipped or carried? PCGen allows you to add
            equipment that is not carried, e.g. your Alchemist’s Lab, and that will not
            count towards the total weight that decides the load.

            PER
          • allencohn
            OK. I was painfully careful and made sure I *only* included items listed as equipped or carried. My total: 70.01 PCGen total: 66.61 Difference: 3.4 Perhaps
            Message 5 of 24 , May 31, 2007
            • 0 Attachment
              OK. I was painfully careful and made sure I *only* included items
              listed as equipped or carried.

              My total: 70.01
              PCGen total: 66.61
              Difference: 3.4

              Perhaps PCGen isn't including the weight of my character's
              clothing...but that's 4, not 3.4.

              Hmmm...

              Has anyone else double checked their weight calculations? Is there
              something I should post somewhere so others can verify this?

              Allen

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Per Christian Henden <perchrh-
              pcgen@...> wrote:
              >
              > On Thursday 31 May 2007 22:35:00 allencohn wrote:
              > > Thanks for your response.
              > >
              > > What I did is go to the preview page and add up all the weights
              > > listed as carried or equipped. That total didn't match the total
              > > calculated on the preview page.
              > >
              > Okay, is all your equipment equipped or carried? PCGen allows you
              to add
              > equipment that is not carried, e.g. your Alchemist’s Lab, and
              that will not
              > count towards the total weight that decides the load.
              >
              > PER
              >
            • Tir Gwaith
              ... Correct, equipped clothing should not be included. ... Yeah, and it gets off in a few places, from the decimal / binary conversion. For me as DM, I don t
              Message 6 of 24 , May 31, 2007
              • 0 Attachment
                On 5/31/07, allencohn <allen@...> wrote:
                > OK. I was painfully careful and made sure I *only* included items
                > listed as equipped or carried.
                >
                > My total: 70.01
                > PCGen total: 66.61
                > Difference: 3.4
                >
                > Perhaps PCGen isn't including the weight of my character's
                > clothing...but that's 4, not 3.4.

                Correct, equipped clothing should not be included.

                > Has anyone else double checked their weight calculations? Is there
                > something I should post somewhere so others can verify this?

                Yeah, and it gets off in a few places, from the decimal / binary
                conversion. For me as DM, I don't worry about it. :P

                --
                Tir Gwaith
                PCGen LST Chimp
              • allencohn
                OK. I was painfully careful and made sure I *only* included items listed as equipped or carried. My total: 70.01 PCGen total: 66.61 Difference: 3.4 Perhaps
                Message 7 of 24 , May 31, 2007
                • 0 Attachment
                  OK. I was painfully careful and made sure I *only* included items
                  listed as equipped or carried.

                  My total: 70.01
                  PCGen total: 66.61
                  Difference: 3.4

                  Perhaps PCGen isn't including the weight of my character's
                  clothing...but that's 4, not 3.4.

                  Hmmm...

                  Has anyone else double checked their weight calculations? Is there
                  something I should post somewhere so others can verify this?

                  Allen

                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Per Christian Henden <perchrh-
                  pcgen@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > On Thursday 31 May 2007 22:35:00 allencohn wrote:
                  > > Thanks for your response.
                  > >
                  > > What I did is go to the preview page and add up all the weights
                  > > listed as carried or equipped. That total didn't match the total
                  > > calculated on the preview page.
                  > >
                  > Okay, is all your equipment equipped or carried? PCGen allows you
                  to add
                  > equipment that is not carried, e.g. your Alchemist’s Lab, and
                  that will not
                  > count towards the total weight that decides the load.
                  >
                  > PER
                  >
                • allencohn
                  Are you sure it s not a bug? 3.4 out of 70 is nearly a 5% error...that seems an awful lot for a binary to decimal conversion issue... And if it isn t a bug,
                  Message 8 of 24 , May 31, 2007
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Are you sure it's not a bug? 3.4 out of 70 is nearly a 5%
                    error...that seems an awful lot for a binary to decimal conversion
                    issue...

                    And if it isn't a bug, perhaps a different approach should be taken
                    toward the summation... certainly computers are capable of much
                    greater precision without much difficulty.

                    Allen

                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > On 5/31/07, allencohn <allen@...> wrote:
                    > > OK. I was painfully careful and made sure I *only* included items
                    > > listed as equipped or carried.
                    > >
                    > > My total: 70.01
                    > > PCGen total: 66.61
                    > > Difference: 3.4
                    > >
                    > > Perhaps PCGen isn't including the weight of my character's
                    > > clothing...but that's 4, not 3.4.
                    >
                    > Correct, equipped clothing should not be included.
                    >
                    > > Has anyone else double checked their weight calculations? Is there
                    > > something I should post somewhere so others can verify this?
                    >
                    > Yeah, and it gets off in a few places, from the decimal / binary
                    > conversion. For me as DM, I don't worry about it. :P
                    >
                    > --
                    > Tir Gwaith
                    > PCGen LST Chimp
                    >
                  • James Dempsey
                    Hi Allen, ... Could you upload your character to the Needs help with section of the list please? If it relies on closed content items, just a character sheet
                    Message 9 of 24 , May 31, 2007
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Hi Allen,

                      On 01/06/07, allencohn <allen@...> wrote:
                      > Are you sure it's not a bug? 3.4 out of 70 is nearly a 5%
                      > error...that seems an awful lot for a binary to decimal conversion
                      > issue...
                      >
                      > And if it isn't a bug, perhaps a different approach should be taken
                      > toward the summation... certainly computers are capable of much
                      > greater precision without much difficulty.


                      Could you upload your character to the "Needs help with" section of
                      the list please? If it relies on closed content items, just a
                      character sheet with the equipment listed will be fine. We can then
                      look at what is being discussed and make an assessment.

                      --
                      Cheers,
                      James Dempsey
                      PCGen Code SB
                    • allencohn
                      I hope I did it right...see Luke.pcg. I also loaded Luke 070531.pdf in case there are some problems with the pcg file. Thanks for your assistance. Allen ...
                      Message 10 of 24 , May 31, 2007
                      • 0 Attachment
                        I hope I did it right...see Luke.pcg. I also loaded Luke 070531.pdf
                        in case there are some problems with the pcg file.

                        Thanks for your assistance.

                        Allen

                        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "James Dempsey" <jdempsey@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > Hi Allen,
                        >
                        > On 01/06/07, allencohn <allen@...> wrote:
                        > > Are you sure it's not a bug? 3.4 out of 70 is nearly a 5%
                        > > error...that seems an awful lot for a binary to decimal conversion
                        > > issue...
                        > >
                        > > And if it isn't a bug, perhaps a different approach should be
                        taken
                        > > toward the summation... certainly computers are capable of much
                        > > greater precision without much difficulty.
                        >
                        >
                        > Could you upload your character to the "Needs help with" section of
                        > the list please? If it relies on closed content items, just a
                        > character sheet with the equipment listed will be fine. We can then
                        > look at what is being discussed and make an assessment.
                        >
                        > --
                        > Cheers,
                        > James Dempsey
                        > PCGen Code SB
                        >
                      • James Dempsey
                        Hi Allen, Adding up the items listed as equipped or carried (excluding the miners outfit - your worn outfit is weightless but the weight is shown in case you
                        Message 11 of 24 , May 31, 2007
                        • 0 Attachment
                          Hi Allen,

                          Adding up the items listed as equipped or carried (excluding the
                          miners outfit - your worn outfit is weightless but the weight is shown
                          in case you decide to carry it) I get 66.01 lbs, which agrees with
                          what PCGen calculates.

                          Cheers,
                          James.

                          On 01/06/07, allencohn <allen@...> wrote:
                          > I hope I did it right...see Luke.pcg. I also loaded Luke 070531.pdf
                          > in case there are some problems with the pcg file.
                          >
                          > Thanks for your assistance.
                          >
                          > Allen
                          >
                          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "James Dempsey" <jdempsey@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Hi Allen,
                          > >
                          > > On 01/06/07, allencohn <allen@...> wrote:
                          > > > Are you sure it's not a bug? 3.4 out of 70 is nearly a 5%
                          > > > error...that seems an awful lot for a binary to decimal conversion
                          > > > issue...
                          > > >
                          > > > And if it isn't a bug, perhaps a different approach should be
                          > taken
                          > > > toward the summation... certainly computers are capable of much
                          > > > greater precision without much difficulty.
                          > >
                          > >
                          > > Could you upload your character to the "Needs help with" section of
                          > > the list please? If it relies on closed content items, just a
                          > > character sheet with the equipment listed will be fine. We can then
                          > > look at what is being discussed and make an assessment.
                          > >
                          > > --
                          > > Cheers,
                          > > James Dempsey
                          > > PCGen Code SB
                        • allencohn
                          Hmmm...My version of PCGen (5.11.14) shows 66.61 lbs. See the accompanying pdf file. I wonder why yours does it correctly and mine doesn t... Allen PS: I
                          Message 12 of 24 , May 31, 2007
                          • 0 Attachment
                            Hmmm...My version of PCGen (5.11.14) shows 66.61 lbs. See the
                            accompanying pdf file.

                            I wonder why yours does it correctly and mine doesn't...

                            Allen

                            PS: I realized my 5% error figure was in error...sorry!


                            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "James Dempsey" <jdempsey@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > Hi Allen,
                            >
                            > Adding up the items listed as equipped or carried (excluding the
                            > miners outfit - your worn outfit is weightless but the weight is
                            shown
                            > in case you decide to carry it) I get 66.01 lbs, which agrees with
                            > what PCGen calculates.
                            >
                            > Cheers,
                            > James.
                            >
                          • Martijn Verburg
                            Might be worth trying on 5.12.0 RC2, see if there is a difference K
                            Message 13 of 24 , Jun 1, 2007
                            • 0 Attachment
                              Might be worth trying on 5.12.0 RC2, see if there is a difference

                              K

                              > Hmmm...My version of PCGen (5.11.14) shows 66.61 lbs. See the
                              > accompanying pdf file.
                              >
                              > I wonder why yours does it correctly and mine doesn't...
                              >
                              > Allen
                              >
                              > PS: I realized my 5% error figure was in error...sorry!
                              >
                              >
                              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "James Dempsey" <jdempsey@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Hi Allen,
                              > >
                              > > Adding up the items listed as equipped or carried (excluding the
                              > > miners outfit - your worn outfit is weightless but the weight is
                              > shown
                              > > in case you decide to carry it) I get 66.01 lbs, which agrees with
                              > > what PCGen calculates.
                              > >
                              > > Cheers,
                              > > James.
                              > >
                              >
                            • Frugal
                              ... Most of the output sheets (and I believe the preview tab) do not include the coins you are carrying in teh equipment section, instead they included them in
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jun 1, 2007
                              • 0 Attachment
                                On Thu, May 31, 2007 9:35 pm, allencohn wrote:
                                > Thanks for your response.
                                >
                                > What I did is go to the preview page and add up all the weights
                                > listed as carried or equipped. That total didn't match the total
                                > calculated on the preview page.

                                Most of the output sheets (and I believe the preview tab) do not include
                                the coins you are carrying in teh equipment section, instead they included
                                them in a separate money table below. However at the bottom of the
                                equipment table will be the total carried weight even though some items
                                (such as coins) are not shown in the equipment table.

                                So if you have 250 coins in total, then they will total up to 5lb in
                                weight which may be where your missing weight is coming from.


                                --
                                regards,
                                Frugal
                              • James Dempsey
                                Hi Allen, You are right - I didn t look closely enough and my version is also saying 66.61 lbs. However when I looked at the character s equipping tab I traced
                                Message 15 of 24 , Jun 1, 2007
                                • 0 Attachment
                                  Hi Allen,

                                  You are right - I didn't look closely enough and my version is also
                                  saying 66.61 lbs. However when I looked at the character's equipping tab
                                  I traced the other 0.6lbs. It comes from the equipped coins :) These
                                  aren't show in the inventory list unless they are listed as the contents
                                  of a container. Instead they are shown in the money section.

                                  Cheers,
                                  James.

                                  On 1/06/2007 4:54 PM allencohn wrote
                                  > Hmmm...My version of PCGen (5.11.14) shows 66.61 lbs. See the
                                  > accompanying pdf file.
                                  >
                                  > I wonder why yours does it correctly and mine doesn't...
                                  >
                                  > Allen
                                  >
                                  > PS: I realized my 5% error figure was in error...sorry!
                                  >
                                  >
                                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "James Dempsey" <jdempsey@...> wrote:
                                  >
                                  >> Hi Allen,
                                  >>
                                  >> Adding up the items listed as equipped or carried (excluding the
                                  >> miners outfit - your worn outfit is weightless but the weight is
                                  >>
                                  > shown
                                  >
                                  >> in case you decide to carry it) I get 66.01 lbs, which agrees with
                                  >> what PCGen calculates.
                                  >>
                                  >> Cheers,
                                  >> James.
                                • allencohn
                                  Ah...mystery solved. Thanks everyone! Allen ... equipping tab ... These ... contents
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Jun 1, 2007
                                  • 0 Attachment
                                    Ah...mystery solved.

                                    Thanks everyone!

                                    Allen

                                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:
                                    >
                                    > Hi Allen,
                                    >
                                    > You are right - I didn't look closely enough and my version is also
                                    > saying 66.61 lbs. However when I looked at the character's
                                    equipping tab
                                    > I traced the other 0.6lbs. It comes from the equipped coins :)
                                    These
                                    > aren't show in the inventory list unless they are listed as the
                                    contents
                                    > of a container. Instead they are shown in the money section.
                                    >
                                    > Cheers,
                                    > James.
                                  • Andrew Maitland
                                    Would a tracker to include a weight section under money with a small note of weight add to the MAIN list be a way to avoid this confusion in the future? OS
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Jun 1, 2007
                                    • 0 Attachment
                                      Would a tracker to include a weight section under money with a small
                                      note of weight add to the MAIN list be a way to avoid this confusion in
                                      the future?

                                      OS monkeys, any thoughts on this?

                                      allencohn wrote:
                                      > Ah...mystery solved.
                                      >
                                      > Thanks everyone!
                                      >
                                      > Allen
                                      >
                                      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:
                                      >
                                      >> Hi Allen,
                                      >>
                                      >> You are right - I didn't look closely enough and my version is also
                                      >> saying 66.61 lbs. However when I looked at the character's
                                      >>
                                      > equipping tab
                                      >
                                      >> I traced the other 0.6lbs. It comes from the equipped coins :)
                                      >>
                                      > These
                                      >
                                      >> aren't show in the inventory list unless they are listed as the
                                      >>
                                      > contents
                                      >
                                      >> of a container. Instead they are shown in the money section.
                                      >>
                                      >> Cheers,
                                      >> James.
                                      >>
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                      > PCGen's Release site: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net
                                      > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#Welcome
                                      > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#Roadmap
                                      > PCGen's Alpha Build: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php
                                      > PCGen's Online Docs: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/
                                      > Yahoo! Groups Links
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >


                                      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                                    • Martijn Verburg
                                      Tracker it, it s a good idea Karianna ... http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Jun 1, 2007
                                      • 0 Attachment
                                        Tracker it, it's a good idea

                                        Karianna <yes I was/am an OS monkey ;p>

                                        > Would a tracker to include a weight section under money with a small
                                        > note of weight add to the MAIN list be a way to avoid this confusion in
                                        > the future?
                                        >
                                        > OS monkeys, any thoughts on this?
                                        >
                                        > allencohn wrote:
                                        > > Ah...mystery solved.
                                        > >
                                        > > Thanks everyone!
                                        > >
                                        > > Allen
                                        > >
                                        > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@> wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > >> Hi Allen,
                                        > >>
                                        > >> You are right - I didn't look closely enough and my version is also
                                        > >> saying 66.61 lbs. However when I looked at the character's
                                        > >>
                                        > > equipping tab
                                        > >
                                        > >> I traced the other 0.6lbs. It comes from the equipped coins :)
                                        > >>
                                        > > These
                                        > >
                                        > >> aren't show in the inventory list unless they are listed as the
                                        > >>
                                        > > contents
                                        > >
                                        > >> of a container. Instead they are shown in the money section.
                                        > >>
                                        > >> Cheers,
                                        > >> James.
                                        > >>
                                        > >
                                        > >
                                        > >
                                        > >
                                        > > PCGen's Release site: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net
                                        > > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#Welcome
                                        > > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#Roadmap
                                        > > PCGen's Alpha Build: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php
                                        > > PCGen's Online Docs:
                                        http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/
                                        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                                        > >
                                        > >
                                        > >
                                        > >
                                        > >
                                        >
                                        >
                                        > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                                        >
                                      • Andrew Maitland
                                        [ 1729588 ] Add weight under coins section and note http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1729588&group_id=25576&atid=748297 ... [Non-text
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Jun 1, 2007
                                        • 0 Attachment
                                          [ 1729588 ] Add weight under coins section and note

                                          http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1729588&group_id=25576&atid=748297

                                          Martijn Verburg wrote:
                                          > Tracker it, it's a good idea
                                          >
                                          > Karianna <yes I was/am an OS monkey ;p>
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >> Would a tracker to include a weight section under money with a small
                                          >> note of weight add to the MAIN list be a way to avoid this confusion in
                                          >> the future?
                                          >>
                                          >> OS monkeys, any thoughts on this?
                                          >>
                                          >> allencohn wrote:
                                          >>
                                          >>> Ah...mystery solved.
                                          >>>
                                          >>> Thanks everyone!
                                          >>>
                                          >>> Allen
                                          >>>
                                          >>> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@> wrote:
                                          >>>
                                          >>>
                                          >>>> Hi Allen,
                                          >>>>
                                          >>>> You are right - I didn't look closely enough and my version is also
                                          >>>> saying 66.61 lbs. However when I looked at the character's
                                          >>>>
                                          >>>>
                                          >>> equipping tab
                                          >>>
                                          >>>
                                          >>>> I traced the other 0.6lbs. It comes from the equipped coins :)
                                          >>>>
                                          >>>>
                                          >>> These
                                          >>>
                                          >>>
                                          >>>> aren't show in the inventory list unless they are listed as the
                                          >>>>
                                          >>>>
                                          >>> contents
                                          >>>
                                          >>>
                                          >>>> of a container. Instead they are shown in the money section.
                                          >>>>
                                          >>>> Cheers,
                                          >>>> James.
                                          >>>>
                                          >>>>
                                          >>>
                                          >>>
                                          >>> PCGen's Release site: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net
                                          >>> PCGen's Wiki: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#Welcome
                                          >>> PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#Roadmap
                                          >>> PCGen's Alpha Build: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php
                                          >>> PCGen's Online Docs:
                                          >>>
                                          > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/
                                          >
                                          >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
                                          >>>
                                          >>>
                                          >>>
                                          >>>
                                          >>>
                                          >>>
                                          >> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                                          >>
                                          >>
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >
                                          > PCGen's Release site: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net
                                          > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#Welcome
                                          > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#Roadmap
                                          > PCGen's Alpha Build: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php
                                          > PCGen's Online Docs: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/
                                          > Yahoo! Groups Links
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >
                                          >


                                          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                                        • Frugal
                                          ... Do you mean: In the Equipment table have an entry for Money 234gp 0.6lbs Or do you mean: In the Money table have the total weight for money along with a
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Jun 1, 2007
                                          • 0 Attachment
                                            On Fri, June 1, 2007 4:57 pm, Andrew Maitland wrote:
                                            > Would a tracker to include a weight section under money with a small
                                            > note of weight add to the MAIN list be a way to avoid this confusion in
                                            > the future?

                                            Do you mean: In the Equipment table have an entry for "Money 234gp 0.6lbs"

                                            Or do you mean: In the Money table have the total weight for money along
                                            with a note saying that the sum of the weights in the equipment table,
                                            plus the weight of the coins in this table will be the total weight shown?

                                            --
                                            regards,
                                            Frugal
                                          • Andrew Maitland
                                            Which would be easier to code? Which lends itself to more understanding? I suppose #1 is a better idea (KISS method), though #2 was the original idea. -Andrew
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Jun 1, 2007
                                            • 0 Attachment
                                              Which would be easier to code? Which lends itself to more understanding?

                                              I suppose #1 is a better idea (KISS method), though #2 was the original
                                              idea.

                                              -Andrew

                                              Frugal wrote:
                                              > On Fri, June 1, 2007 4:57 pm, Andrew Maitland wrote:
                                              >
                                              >> Would a tracker to include a weight section under money with a small
                                              >> note of weight add to the MAIN list be a way to avoid this confusion in
                                              >> the future?
                                              >>
                                              >
                                              > Do you mean: In the Equipment table have an entry for "Money 234gp 0.6lbs"
                                              >
                                              > Or do you mean: In the Money table have the total weight for money along
                                              > with a note saying that the sum of the weights in the equipment table,
                                              > plus the weight of the coins in this table will be the total weight shown?
                                              >
                                              >


                                              [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                                            • Martijn Verburg
                                              I d go with #1 personally, tracker updated - K ... confusion in ... 0.6lbs ... along ... weight shown?
                                              Message 22 of 24 , Jun 3, 2007
                                              • 0 Attachment
                                                I'd go with #1 personally, tracker updated - K

                                                > Which would be easier to code? Which lends itself to more
                                                > understanding?
                                                >
                                                > I suppose #1 is a better idea (KISS method), though #2 was the
                                                > original idea.
                                                >
                                                > -Andrew
                                                >
                                                > Frugal wrote:
                                                > > On Fri, June 1, 2007 4:57 pm, Andrew Maitland wrote:
                                                > >
                                                > >> Would a tracker to include a weight section under money with a small
                                                > >> note of weight add to the MAIN list be a way to avoid this
                                                confusion in
                                                > >> the future?
                                                > >>
                                                > >
                                                > > Do you mean: In the Equipment table have an entry for "Money 234gp
                                                0.6lbs"
                                                > >
                                                > > Or do you mean: In the Money table have the total weight for money
                                                along
                                                > > with a note saying that the sum of the weights in the equipment table,
                                                > > plus the weight of the coins in this table will be the total
                                                weight shown?
                                                > >
                                                > >
                                                >
                                                >
                                                > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                                                >
                                              • Tir Gwaith
                                                I was just thinking about this for maintaining my group s characters. We tend to use Bags of Holding, etc. when carrying loot. It would be nice if the wt for
                                                Message 23 of 24 , Jun 3, 2007
                                                • 0 Attachment
                                                  I was just thinking about this for maintaining my group's characters.

                                                  We tend to use Bags of Holding, etc. when carrying loot. It would be
                                                  nice if the wt for coins were listed in the listing for each
                                                  container, so that one would know how much is ignored for wt
                                                  calculations. Otherwise the numbers will look wrong in that case.
                                                  Unless someone has a better solution.


                                                  --
                                                  Tir Gwaith
                                                  PCGen LST Chimp
                                                • ovka
                                                  ... I think most of the OS include coins in the weight of containers. Cheers, Sir George Anonymous
                                                  Message 24 of 24 , Jun 3, 2007
                                                  • 0 Attachment
                                                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:
                                                    > I was just thinking about this for maintaining my group's characters.
                                                    >
                                                    > We tend to use Bags of Holding, etc. when carrying loot. It would be
                                                    > nice if the wt for coins were listed in the listing for each
                                                    > container, so that one would know how much is ignored for wt
                                                    > calculations. Otherwise the numbers will look wrong in that case.
                                                    > Unless someone has a better solution.

                                                    I think most of the OS include coins in the weight of containers.

                                                    Cheers,

                                                    Sir George Anonymous
                                                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.