[FREQ] Equipment location IDs in export

  • Frugal
    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2007
      Can I please request that we have some way to export the equipment
      location IDs that are stored in the .pcg file (the ones that are of the
      format '0.1.13.22').

      If these ids are exported with the rest of the equipment information then
      the output sheets can show the equipment in a nested way rather than the
      very flat way we have at the moment.

      Back when I was looking after the PDF output sheets I created the XSLT
      code to do this, but it was based on the equipment name. This broke for
      things like 'sacks' where we can have multiple entries with the same name.

      I have played about with my own copies of the PDF sheets and I have been
      putting the location Id and parent location id into the XML by hand. It
      would be nice to have these two pieces of information put into the
      base.xml file automatically.

      --
      regards,
      Frugal
      Message 2 of 5 , May 30, 2007
        At work on dial up... passing the buck. :-)

        Frugal wrote:
        > Can I please request that we have some way to export the equipment
        > location IDs that are stored in the .pcg file (the ones that are of the
        > format '0.1.13.22').
        >
        > If these ids are exported with the rest of the equipment information then
        > the output sheets can show the equipment in a nested way rather than the
        > very flat way we have at the moment.
        >
        > Back when I was looking after the PDF output sheets I created the XSLT
        > code to do this, but it was based on the equipment name. This broke for
        > things like 'sacks' where we can have multiple entries with the same name.
        >
        > I have played about with my own copies of the PDF sheets and I have been
        > putting the location Id and parent location id into the XML by hand. It
        > would be nice to have these two pieces of information put into the
        > base.xml file automatically.

      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
          Trackered - K

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
            On Fri, June 1, 2007 9:23 am, Martijn Verburg wrote:

            Thinking about it a more formal way of expressing the request would be:

            - When outputting a piece of equipment 'a' using an export LST token there
            shall be a location Id value 'x' for each piece of equipment such that 'x'
            is unique within the equipment set.

            - When outputting a piece of equipment 'a' using an export LST token there
            shall be a parent location Id value 'y' for each piece of equipment such
            that 'y' shall be equal to the location id 'x' of the container that holds
            'a' within that equipment set. For any piece of equipment 'a' that is not
            held within a container the parent location id 'y' shall be set to the
            empty string "".

            - Both 'x' and 'y' shall be exposed via the output LST token plugins for
            equipment sets.

            Eg:

            If there is a piece of equipment 'Backpack' that is carried by the
            character then it might have the location ID of "17" and a parent location
            id of "".
            If a "bottle" is placed in the backpack then it might have a location id
            of "23" and a parent location of "17" which corresponds to the location of
            the backpack container that holds it.

            Alternatively we might have the backpack ID being "0.1" and the bottle
            location ID begin "0.1.1" with a parent location id of "0.1".

            The values are irrelevent it is the relationship between parent and child
            that is imporant.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
              Added to tracker